Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

and i no the presser isnt till 4 but where do you guys go to watch it? i normally wait till its on the teams page but that always take a day or two :chairshot:

Fully guaranteed? Billy King must be on the good stuff.

That guy is worse than Otis.

Serves Deron Williams well too, he'll have 2 swingmen that will start declining with age and a soft center to play with the next 4 or 5 years.

He could have gone to Dallas because Dirk's skills won't fade as fast because he doesn't rely on his athleticism, and they had space to sign another quality player (maybe even a star)

Deron is my favourite PG and I consider him to be the best in the NBA, but I hope he stays 6-8 seed and never wins anything with the BN

The Knicks have a better roster IMO and failed miserably

and i no the presser isnt till 4 but where do you guys go to watch it? i normally wait till its on the teams page but that always take a day or two :chairshot:

I plan on hoping on my unicorn and sawing it in person in the press conference room in the Amway Center.

@WojYahooNBA

To keep alive chances to get Howard, Billy King can't let Lopez sign sheet. Nor can he let him walk if Nets don't get DH. Has to pay Lopez.

What hope alive?

The fact he fully guaranteed 4 years of Broken Foot Lopez's $78 million contract basically killed it.

@WojYahooNBA

To keep alive chances to get Howard, Billy King can't let Lopez sign sheet. Nor can he let him walk if Nets don't get DH. Has to pay Lopez.

What hope alive?

The fact he fully guaranteed 4 years of Broken Foot Lopez's $78 million contract basically killed it.

The hope is they pass that fully guaranteed joke of a contract on to the Magic....

99. How are teams able to trade players who are out of the league, like Dallas did with Keith Van Horn?

The short answer is: they can't. Under previous CBAs teams were allowed to sign-and-trade (see question number 88) any player to whom they had Bird rights. Bird rights don't automatically go away once the player is out of the league (see question number 32 for details), so many teams continue to hold Bird rights to players who have long since retired (for example, as of this writing in 2012, the Lakers still hold Bird rights to John Salley, who last played in 1999-2000).

Teams were able to take advantage of the Bird status of retired players when they needed to include extra salary in order to make a trade legal (see question number 80). By signing players out of retirement the teams were able to complete the trades, and since a sign-and-trade requires only the first year of the contract to be guaranteed, it was like they were trading an expiring contract (see question number 98). This kind of trade occurred twice during the 2007-08 season, when Dallas re-signed Keith Van Horn (who had been out of the league since 2006) and sent him to New Jersey as part of a package to acquire Jason Kidd, and the LA Lakers re-signed Aaron McKie and sent him to Memphis as part of a package to acquire Pau Gasol.

The league put a stop to this in the current CBA by restricting sign-and-trades to players who finished the prior season on the team's roster. A player can no longer be included in a sign-and-trade if he has been out of the league.

Sorry, we can't sign and trade Pat Garrity...(this was discussed yesterday)....

I can't believe there are teams that are willing to just hand him the max.

I am going with Portland. Chicago are apparently matching Asik so this should make Houston more desperate, hopefully.