Dan Savage

First Move For Rob Hennigan?

An 18 million dollar salary hole is nothing?

If you had 18 million dollars to spend, would you spend it on Kyle Lowry, Louis Scola, and buy their two draft picks or would you go for a big name in free agency?

Remember, we've signed 3 max guys and almost had a 4th but Duncan backed out. Orlando is a very good FA destination.

I was referring to the the talent that will be left on this team, not the cap space it would create. I have never seen 18 million cap space lace up it's Nikes and step on the court. I do not want the Magic to trade him for mid 1rst picks and junk parts. Instead. if he is intent on leaving, they need to move him for young talent and good picks

Dwight leaves and we suck for at least a year, likely two to three because we would be thrown into rebuild mode. I understand the Magic would rebuild and agree Orlando is a great destination. I am not one that thinks the world will end if Howard leaves.

Remember that we'll have a new coach who isn't in love with Duhon like SVG was, Ish is a much better player than Duhon, anyone can see that.

And I hope that even if we don't dump Hedo we don't play him at all like Dallas did with Odom (who still has much more value than Hedo)

Ish has more potential than Duhon, he is currently not the answer at the backup pg. Could he improve this offseason and become the backup? That would be nice since he would not cost us much, thus saving for other needs.

According to this http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38842/dwight-howard-chris-paul-and-the-summer-of-13 the final year of his contract is not guaranteed. I remember reading that he agreed to reduce the final year of his contract when he he was traded from Toronto to Phoenix, but as I tried to research this, it seems that every site I go to has conficting information. Hopefully our new GM knows what it is and acts accordingly.

No he's not.

Yes it is.

So you'd rather have a situation where Duhon's our starting PG over a situation where Hedo is our starting SF? ....wow

I was referring to the the talent that will be left on this team, not the cap space it would create. I have never seen 18 million cap space lace up it's Nikes and step on the court. I do not want the Magic to trade him for mid 1rst picks and junk parts. Instead. if he is intent on leaving, they need to move him for young talent and good picks

Dwight leaves and we suck for at least a year, likely two to three because we would be thrown into rebuild mode. I understand the Magic would rebuild and agree Orlando is a great destination. I am not one that thinks the world will end if Howard leaves.

There aren't any options out there that give us young talent and/or good picks.

Bynum's contract expires at the same time as D12's and guess what, if Howard walks, we'll have the cap room to give Bynum his own team (Which is what he wants) so no real reason to trade for him.

Houston's package is puregarbage.

6, 11, and LA would be enticing but after the top 4, this draft is "meh" to me unless you're a playoff team looking for a bench role player.

The Nets package is even worse and Deron is going to Dallas so no reason bothering.

Now if OKC calls, offers their pick, Westbrook, and Ibaka; you have to sit and think for a minute.

Now if OKC calls, offers their pick, Westbrook, and Ibaka; you have to sit and think for a minute.

Done right now.

However, Orlando would have to take on Perkins just to make money work even if this farfetched idea were going to happen.

Bynum's contract expires at the same time as D12's and guess what, if Howard walks, we'll have the cap room to give Bynum his own team (Which is what he wants) so no real reason to trade for him.

6, 11, and LA would be enticing but after the top 4, this draft is "meh" to me unless you're a playoff team looking for a bench role player.

The Nets package is even worse and Deron is going to Dallas so no reason bothering.

Stealing a Lakers center.....sounds like pay back....me like.

So you'd rather have a situation where Duhon's our starting PG over a situation where Hedo is our starting SF? ....wow

How in the world did you come up with that assumption based on my response?!

First off, I am a bit confused on the on the comment about signing Bynum and letting Howard walk, because I cannot remember any time when a team lost a superstar and signed at least a star player totake his spot in the off season. My limited knowledge on this is that Howard would have to sign elsewhere before we could offer Byum a contract and before this happens Bynum could easily take another offer. So a trade is the only sure fire option.

Secondly, there are not any offers that we know of. I would have to agree with an earlier poster in that there is no way the Magic let Howard walk for nothing, so a trade to get young talent and picks might have to involve a 3rd team.

Thirdly, Houston offer sucks and what the Nets have now sucks since they lost there pick this year. However a mid season trade involving Lopez, Brooks and future picks (next years should still be high) and fillers for Howard and Duhon is not bad. Lopez is of course a risk at this point. Daren is not in Dallas yet so...

Finally, why would you have to sit on your OKC trade idea?

First off, I am a bit confused on the on the comment about signing Bynum and letting Howard walk, because I cannot remember any time when a team lost a superstar and signed at least a star player totake his spot in the off season. My limited knowledge on this is that Howard would have to sign elsewhere before we could offer Byum a contract and before this happens Bynum could easily take another offer. So a trade is the only sure fire option.

Secondly, there are not any offers that we know of. I would have to agree with an earlier poster in that there is no way the Magic let Howard walk for nothing, so a trade to get young talent and picks might have to involve a 3rd team.

Thirdly, Houston offer sucks and what the Nets have now sucks since they lost there pick this year. However a mid season trade involving Lopez, Brooks and future picks (next years should still be high) and fillers for Howard and Duhon is not bad. Lopez is of course a risk at this point. Daren is not in Dallas yet so...

Finally, why would you have to sit on your OKC trade idea?

No, that trade is awful. Lopez isn't good, Brooks is Von Wafer. Lopez will also have a brand new contract.

If these players were even "mediocre" level, and not dreadfully terrible, then why with a top 5 point guard in the NBA, are they still a bottom 6 team?

New Jersey could take Hedo and Duhon off our hands and I still wouldn't take Lopez and Brooks back.