Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Stay Scenarios

As a playful and hypothetical balance to the "Dwight Trade Scenarios" thread, what trade our moves do you believe would convince Dwight to stay and commit long-term to the Magic?

As a playful and hypothetical balance to the "Dwight Trade Scenarios" thread, what trade our moves do you believe would convince Dwight to stay and commit long-term to the Magic?

Are we talking pipe dream moves or moves that have some potential of happening?

Trade JRich and cash considerations the Sixers for their pick.

Pick up option on Redick

Resign Ryan for 5-6 front loaded if possible. Trade down the line if we have to.

Draft wing and Pg or wing and center/forward

Use mle on Mayo or young SG or roll with Redick, rookie wing and Liggins or vet min guy.

Sign Memo or somebody of that nature.

Save for 2013.

Trade JRich and cash considerations the Sixers for their pick.

Pick up option on Redick

Resign Ryan for 5-6 front loaded if possible. Trade down the line if we have to.

Draft wing and Pg or wing and center/forward

Use mle on Mayo or young SG or roll with Redick, rookie wing and Liggins or vet min guy.

Sign Memo or somebody of that nature.

Save for 2013.

I agree with you but I think it would have to be BBD instead of JRich. Philly needs a 4 bad or maybe even JJ bc the need 3pt shooting

Honestly, I think to re-sign Dwight, it may take a trade to secure someone like Monta Ellis. This option scares me because it would cost us a valuable asset(s) like our first, JJ and/or Ryno, and perhaps entail taking on salary. If we're going to make a trade for a player, it has to be the right player. Is Ellis that guy??? Ehhh...

As to the right trade, I really do like the idea of trading for Ariza and #10 using JJ and a future first or Ryno (s-n-t). As I watch the playoffs, it is clear a team must have a phenomenal wing defender like Sef. Moreover, I believe Ariza is a good friend of Dwight and we could add a top asset with #10. This scenario also allows us to keep #19. With the #10 and #19 pick, I think we can add a wing and pg with great potential.

If Ryno isn't included in the NO trade, I'd like to re-sign him for Redick money (if possible).

I'm also assuming Jameer is going to opt-out. Thus, in free agency, I'd go hard after Nash. He would bring leadership to a team that sorely needs it.

I'd also look at trading J Rich, like Jareth suggested. Could we get a pick for him??? Say Daniel Gibson and #24 or #33 from Cleveland? Same goes with the rights to Fran to Minny. Anything???

We'd also have to a add a cheap big like arena chicken.

The bottom line is I don't believe we will compete for a title in 2012-2013. However, we could be poised to head into the next trade deadline with some great assets and semi-expiring contracts. My message to Dwight would be re-sign and lead for the long haul... we're restocking the shelves for you, big boy.

2012-2013 Magic

PG: Nash, Marshall (#10), Duhon

SG: D. Lamb (#33), Q

SF: Ariza, Ross (#19), Turk

PF: Ryno, Baby, Harper

C: Howard, Arena Chicken

In two years, this roster could really develop into a great nucleus. Or we could make some trades for some great players. I LOVE this draft and believe the three guys mentioned above (and other options) will be solid. (D. Lamb alone is an assassin in the Redick/Terry mold).

Rack 'em. smile_creaturedance.gif

• Upvote 1

I believe that

getting Phil Jackson as a coach

trading Hedo, Davis, Duhon and JRich for Westbrook, Durant and Harden are "hypothetical" trade moves that I "believe would convince Dwight to stay and commit long-term to the Magic"

But will they actually happen????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I see no miracle trades down the road,

1. Get a Head Coach and a GM that he likes playing for, and other superstars like too (ie, not Sloan).

2. Get him involved 24/7/365, get him Kobe treatment, throw money at his foundation, buy his momma a gift

3a. Get him to buy into an alternative reality where we're all classy people around here and if you don't like how things are in 2-3 years, ask for a trade and we'll move you

3b. Get an extension

4. Clear cap for the Free Agency that you are committed to and prepared for.