Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Trade Scenarios

I read a poster earlier saying that hedo has only 1 more guarenteed year but when i researched on hoopshype it said that he has 1 year and the next is a player option. Hedo is definately opting in cause he will be getting atleast 3 times more money than anyone else would offer him. I guess thats 2 guarenteed years unless hoopshype is wrong. Can someone please tell me if it is a player or team option.

I read a poster earlier saying that hedo has only 1 more guarenteed year but when i researched on hoopshype it said that he has 1 year and the next is a player option. Hedo is definately opting in cause he will be getting atleast 3 times more money than anyone else would offer him. I guess thats 2 guarenteed years unless hoopshype is wrong. Can someone please tell me if it is a player or team option.

As I understand it, the terms of Hedo's contract were changed somewhat when he accepted the trade from Toronto to Phoenix.

From the news reports I have seen from media guys who cover the Magic, it is my understanding that his contract is fully guaranteed for the 2012-13 season but that only 50 percent of it is guaranteed in 2013-14.

Personally, I think this is part of the confusion for people outside the Orlando market who cover the team and think the Magic have a nightmare salary cap situation. No, it's not good for the upcoming season. But it gets better after that, depending upon what they decide to do moving forward.

As I understand it, the terms of Hedo's contract were changed somewhat when he accepted the trade from Toronto to Phoenix.

From the news reports I have seen from media guys who cover the Magic, it is my understanding that his contract is fully guaranteed for the 2012-13 season but that only 50 percent of it is guaranteed in 2013-14.

Personally, I think this is part of the confusion for people outside the Orlando market who cover the team and think the Magic have a nightmare salary cap situation. No, it's not good for the upcoming season. But it gets better after that, depending upon what they decide to do moving forward.

True. Hedo is only guaranteed 6 million for 13-14. Not sure why so many sites have bad info on that.