Enolam

Otis and SVG gone!

So you idiots who are happy about Stans departure, tell me what coach you bring in that has been to the playoffs 5 straight times, won the division 3 times and has been to the finals? Tell me. Who is he? I'll make it easy for you, the coach doesn't exisit. There is no one available as qualified as Stan.

Hopefully this FO can bring in someone decent. God I don't want another Hill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a serious question. Does SAS have some kind of ownership in the Nets or something because the stuff he says is completely irrational and hilarious.

:svgsad:

On the plus side...no more minutes for Chris Dudu;

hopefully

This is a serious question. Does SAS have some kind of ownership in the Nets or something because the stuff he says is completely irrational and hilarious.

He's bros with Jay Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3pPueBcqg

Why get an all-star player like Melo when you can get a bigman who averages 6 rebounds a game and needs to be paid next year?

Anyone on here that is really upset that they let go of Stan and kept Dwight needs a cat scan. I've said it for 2 years now Stan is great at XXX'S AND OOO'S but not good at player develop and player relationships. I don't hate the guy but anyone who calls out the Super star of the team deserves to be fired.

I guess I need a "cat scan"

I know some people are pulling for first time head coaches like Shaw and Malone, but I think that would be a horrendous mistake. This team in this current situation needs a PROVEN and VETERAN head coach. This is not some up and coming franchise looking to make some noise in the playoffs. This is a franchise that is spending big time bucks with the goal of a title. Anything short of that is a failure. I don't see a young gun coach bringing a title to O-Town.

I believe the Magic will push harrrrd for Phil Jackson. I mean, BIG time. Whether it happens or not is another story.

I don't think they'll push hard for Jerry Sloan. He's too similar to SVG in his coaching style. Don't want another chemistry issue with the guys on the court or in the media.

After Jackson, I think they'll go for McMillan. I think he's probably the most likely candidate for the job.

As for the front office, either Walsh or Pritchard or both (as some have suggested) is a great move.

This FO is willing to spend. I fully expect big names to be running the show here in the next month.

Updates

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

Stan Van Gundy to Sentinel: "Don't really want to comment except to say that I am really proud of what we accomplished over the past 5 years

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Magic management source says organization hasn't discussed GM candidates yet, and will meet on Tuesday to start discussions names.

Van Gundy: "and I look forward to whatever comes next."

Media Getting Ready

vvixa.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone on here that is really upset that they let go of Stan and kept Dwight needs a cat scan. I've said it for 2 years now Stan is great at XXX'S AND OOO'S but not good at player develop and player relationships. I don't hate the guy but anyone who calls out the Super star of the team deserves to be fired.

stan is not paid to babysit players and have player "relationships" and he has developed players as has been discussed to death.

I guess I need a "cat scan"

Apparently someone subscribes to the "I've been saying this long enough, it must be true" school of thought. Sign me up for that CT scan as well.

I know some people are pulling for first time head coaches like Shaw and Malone, but I think that would be a horrendous mistake. This team in this current situation needs a PROVEN and VETERAN head coach. This is not some up and coming franchise looking to make some noise in the playoffs. This is a franchise that is spending big time bucks with the goal of a title. Anything short of that is a failure. I don't see a young gun coach bringing a title to O-Town.

I believe the Magic will push harrrrd for Phil Jackson. I mean, BIG time. Whether it happens or not is another story.

I don't think they'll push hard for Jerry Sloan. He's too similar to SVG in his coaching style. Don't want another chemistry issue with the guys on the court or in the media.

After Jackson, I think they'll go for McMillan. I think he's probably the most likely candidate for the job.

As for the front office, either Walsh or Pritchard or both (as some have suggested) is a great move.

This FO is willing to spend. I fully expect big names to be running the show here in the next month.

The strategy for the next coach is very simple:

Alex: Dwight, who do you want to be the coach?

• Upvote 1

Incoming GM and coach will be Howard's puppets. If not, the same type of endless drama again.

Either case, the Magic will lose.

A player commanding the coach and the GM is not going to show respect to his teammates, he will treat teammates as servants; there will be no chemistry, no true teamwork.

Defense Exhibit #1: Magic Johnson forces Paul Westhead out as head coach of Lakers. Untested, inexperienced Pat Riley named new coach. Championships ensue.

Defense Exhibit #2: Michael Jordan forces Doug Collins out as head coach of Bulls. Untested, inexperienced Phil Jackson named new coach. Championships ensue.

In summary, what if Dwight is right? What if SVG really did lose the players with ill-advised play calling or constant berating? If Dwight stays and the new coach and GM lead the Magic to a championship, then SVG will be long forgotten. I'll take my chances with Dwight playing center on this team for the next several years, even if it came at the expense of SVG getting canned.