Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

My plea to those attending Magic home games:

Clark's outplaying Anderson, who's pretty much a bust and undeserving of starter's minutes this series. Generalizations like this get old.

Please tell me what Clark had done thus far to warrant PT over Anderson. And If you really didn't think that Anderson's success was highly dependent on Dwight, then that's your own fault

I really don't know how many times I have to explain, with numbers and logic, that Von Wafer and Ish Smith are scrubs. Wafer's turnovers per minute are just about as high as Turk's, and he doesn't have the ball as much. He can't shoot, he kills offensive ball movement, and he doesn't defend. Do you guys really want to put Von Wafer on Paul George for extended minutes? George will have a career night.

For those hating on JRich, the series would be 3-0 Pacers without his shots in game one. Is he hurt, looks like it, but the other options are to give more minutes to Turk or Wafer, and those are worse than hurt JRich. JJ is seeing minutes, and he will see more now that Stan is benching Hedo.

Ish Smith cannot shoot. If he were so dominant in an up-tempo system, he would never have been allowed to leave Golden State. What he is is a defensive liability who is really fast but loves to dribble too much and CAN"T SHOOT. I'm confused as to how adding a guy who can't shoot and doesn't defend or rebound is going to help a team whose biggest problem is that they're missing open jumpers and cannot defend or rebound.

Once again, with feeling, YOU CAN'T RUN AN UP-TEMPO OFFENSE IF YOU CANNOT DEFEND OR REBOUND. Everyone who has been watching NBA basketball more than a couple of years knows that pace for everyone slows down come playoff time. For Orlando it's even worse, as they have no good athletic players, and they can't defend the paint or rebound. This is not rocket science. It just takes slowing down the Stan Hate Wagon long enough to see what's there.

• Upvote 2

Please tell me what Clark had done thus far to warrant PT over Anderson. And If you really didn't think that Anderson's success was highly dependent on Dwight, then that's your own fault

You answered your own question. Anderson isn't successful without Dwight, as revealed by his numbers in this series. Overall, Clark has a better field-goal percentage, more rebounds, and less fouls than Anderson - and all with less playing time.

Game 1:

game1.gif

Game 2:

game2.gif

Game 3:

game3.gif

You answered your own question. Anderson isn't successful without Dwight, as revealed by his numbers in this series. Overall, Clark has a better field-goal percentage, more rebounds, and less fouls than Anderson - and all with less playing time.

Game 1:

game1.gif

Game 2:

game2.gif

Game 3:

game3.gif

No I really didn't because Clark sucks whether Dwight is playing or not. He doesn't rotate defensively, he kills any rhythm or flow on offense when he touches the ball, and he has one of the lowest basketball IQs on the team.

• Upvote 1

No I really didn't because Clark sucks whether Dwight is playing or not. He doesn't rotate defensively, he kills any rhythm or flow on offense when he touches the ball, and he has one of the lowest basketball IQs on the team.

Even if we _assume_ your entire statement is true, he's still playing better relative to Anderson, which is the whole point of this discussion. The numbers posted above don't generalize or make assumptions. Defensively, Clark has more rebounds and blocks. Offensively, Clark has more rebounds and a better field-goal percentage.

:svgsad:

• Downvote 2

You answered your own question. Anderson isn't successful without Dwight, as revealed by his numbers in this series.

False. All this series shows is that, without Dwight (or another player able to draw a double team), Indiana is able to stick West on Anderson to minimize his impact on the floor. They haven't paid nearly as much attention to Clark in terms of defense.

He had fantastic games against Denver, Charlotte, Utah and Philly without Dwight.

False. All this series shows is that, without Dwight (or another player able to draw a double team), Indiana is able to stick West on Anderson to minimize his impact on the floor. They haven't paid nearly as much attention to Clark in terms of defense.

He had fantastic games against Denver, Charlotte, Utah and Philly without Dwight.

The discussion concerns this specific series, but thanks for your input.

We don't need any more jump shooters. Our issue is not that we're missing open shots. Our issue on offense is that there's too much passing around the perimeter and not enough taking it to the rim.

Von takes it to the rim better than anyone we have. Two times Hedo went to the rim against Indy he missed everything. Von can get to the rim and kick when the defense collapses.

Ish over-dribbling to me is not nearly as annoying as watching Duhon and Ryan and Richardson pass the bal back to each other 3 times before even trying to get to the rim. And when they do it's Jason taking one dribble then pulling up.

Stan's offense isn't working and Hedo has absolutely KILLED whatever offensive rhythm we had going into the post-season.

Free Wafer. If he gets to the rim a couple times, Indy will have to adjust; if he doesn't, well, at least we tried since no one else sans maybe Redick seem interested right now.

So yeah this is a thread about the ppl cheering at magic game...so back on topic.

Atleast it seemed that the crowd was in for the magic even when we were down. Looked like the players didn't want to give up on the fans in fourth.

So yeah this is a thread about the ppl cheering at magic game...so back on topic.

Atleast it seemed that the crowd was in for the magic even when we were down. Looked like the players didn't want to give up on the fans in fourth.

Being a part of that crowd today was awesome. I was on my feet cheering for most of the game and yelling at the people around me who weren't lol.