• Pacers
  2. 2. Who Needs to Step up?

• Jameer
    • Big baby
    • Hedo
    • J-rich
    • Ryno
    • JJ

"IF" we are able to accomplish the improbable and win this series just wondering how that will make Dwight "my teammates suck and my coach sucks" Howard feel ???

Speaking of Dwight....where is he ?....don't see him on the bench.....haven't heard any comments from him about the Magic victory yesterday.

• Upvote 1

"IF" we are able to accomplish the improbable and win this series just wondering how that will make Dwight "my teammates suck and my coach sucks" Howard feel ???

Speaking of Dwight....where is he ?....don't see him on the bench.....haven't heard any comments from him about the Magic victory yesterday.

he's in LA rehabbing, he's not to travel with the team.

You know I have wondered if Dwight's "laid back" approach to the game has had an impact with manyof his teamates, and now that he is not around, they are getting the "OH **IT WE HAVE TO PLAY NOW" factor back.

You know I have wondered if Dwight's "laid back" approach to the game has had an impact with manyof his teamates, and now that he is not around, they are getting the "OH **IT WE HAVE TO PLAY NOW" factor back.

Jameer said last night that with Dwight they made more mistakes because they knew he would erase a lot of them, but now since he's not here they have to make a concerted effort to cut them down.

Jameer said last night that with Dwight they made more mistakes because they knew he would erase a lot of them, but now since he's not here they have to make a concerted effort to cut them down.

(Playing devils advocate here cause I still dont know what to do about Stan). Doesn't that kinda show you there that the struggles this team has been going through in bad stretches aren't a result of Stans coaching all the time? It has been a lackadaisical approach to games that has started from what was supposed to be the biggest leader on the team. It is kinda like the cool kid at school, the one who gets everyone else into trouble, but all the kids think he is the coolest, so they do stupid stuff so they can be his buddy.

Not saying that Stan doesnt do some dumb **it, like playing guys too long or not enough, and acting like a 6 year old who had their cookie stolen, but I really think for as Great as Dwight is as a player his leadership style had a real negative effect and now without him around the effort and hustle and overall give a crap is way up.

he's in LA rehabbing, he's not to travel with the team.

Yea they talked about it before the game started yesterday. He told them he wasn't able to make it and was rehabbing but would be watching the game and cheering them on.

(Playing devils advocate here cause I still dont know what to do about Stan). Doesn't that kinda show you there that the struggles this team has been going through in bad stretches aren't a result of Stans coaching all the time? It has been a lackadaisical approach to games that has started from what was supposed to be the biggest leader on the team. It is kinda like the cool kid at school, the one who gets everyone else into trouble, but all the kids think he is the coolest, so they do stupid stuff so they can be his buddy.

Not saying that Stan doesnt do some dumb **it, like playing guys too long or not enough, and acting like a 6 year old who had their cookie stolen, but I really think for as Great as Dwight is as a player his leadership style had a real negative effect and now without him around the effort and hustle and overall give a crap is way up.

I agree. I think he focuses too much on getting his rather than helping the team win. He just wants to be the best player in the league, not be on the best team. It's unfortunate because this team with a Dwight completely focused on D and rebounding could be pretty good. I wish we could put BBD in Dwight's body, honestly.

When and if Dwight comes back to the Magic, Dwight needs to play like everyone else is playing now, and everyone else needs to keep playing like this, not take Dwight's presence for granted, and defend the perimeter as best they can.

Heh, in Stan's dreams, I'm sure.. but it's possible. Heck, it's always been possible!

Dwight has turned into a Prima Donna nightmare.

This team was at it's best when Dwight was forced to play defense and rebound without having the clout to demand 20-40 postups per game. If we could ever get back to that style of play, having Dwight buy into setting screens, moving without the ball, and getting scoring opportunities out of hustle/effort plays, I have no doubt we'd be back in the NBA Finals.

Until then, we'll all just sit around watching Dwight fumble away entry passes, travel half of the time when he makes a move to the basket, bulldoze stout defenders - drawing offensive fouls, and then complain on every damn play that he isn't getting 15 whistles each time he looks at the rock.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This team was at it's best when Dwight was forced to play defense and rebound without having the clout to demand 20-40 postups per game. If we could ever get back to that style of play, having Dwight buy into setting screens, moving without the ball, and getting scoring opportunities out of hustle/effort plays, I have no doubt we'd be back in the NBA Finals.

Until then, we'll all just sit around watching Dwight fumble away entry passes, travel half of the time when he makes a move to the basket, bulldoze stout defenders - drawing offensive fouls, and then complain on every damn play that he isn't getting 15 whistles each time he looks at the rock.

change your sig lol

Agreed. I'm probably the oldest (not the smartest) person on this forum, and I've been following the NBA games since they were broadcast in black and white. That being said, I would prefer that Dwight try to pattern his game from Bill Russell rather than think of himself as Wilt Chamberlain. Russell was a leader by example. Dwight is a force, but he will never be leader because he's not willing to do what it takes to improve the team's play.

• Upvote 1

Positively surprised by Earl Clark's D, he was dominant against Hibbert. Also, Turk was not bad at all, and Jameer was probably the main reason why we won, aside from Jason.

Duhon was Duhon, by the way.