Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Jameer opts out of his contract.

On a championship team, Jameer comes off the bench to be a scoring threat.

So thats the only reason we should resign him.

But we if keep Van Idiot, you know he's starting him because he "knows the system".

Makes complete sense for 'Meer to do this. All the club's talked about the last few years is bringing in a PG. Wouldn't you be a little frosted?

Well I will miss Jameer if nobody else will. It feels good to watch a player that plays hard evey game. He's not complaining about private jets and other crap like Dwight does. He just plays his heart out and as a fan thats all I want. He is the main reason im looking forward to the playoffs.

Well I will miss Jameer if nobody else will. It feels good to watch a player that plays hard evey game. He's not complaining about private jets and other crap like Dwight does. He just plays his heart out and as a fan thats all I want. He is the main reason im looking forward to the playoffs.

You won't be the only one. It's been kind of interesting to see all those comments about Jameer's game from early in the season die off and all those posters go quiet about Jameer, especially in light of what he has done now that we are forced to go away from our half court Dwight heavy offense.

I don't think people understand what overpaid means. Jameer was making just around the average salary for a starting point guard in the NBA, and that's what he played like, an average starting point guard in the NBA. He sometimes played well above his salary, sometimes he didn't.

Do yourselves a favor and actually, oh I don't know. . . look things up. I know that making an ass out of yourself and posting things without any real knowledge is almost a requirement lately, but be a trendsetter and at least try not to sound like ignorant murlocks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Do yourselves a favor and actually, oh I don't know. . . look things up. I know that making an ass out of yourself and posting things without any real knowledge is almost a requirement lately, but be a trendsetter and at least try not to sound like ignorant murlocks.

Unfortunately, this advice will be wasted by those that need it most.

The Sentinel reported that he has a decision to make -- and that it would make sense for him to opt out because, if he does not, he would be in the last year of his contract and therefore might be attractive trade bait for other teams. It didn't say that he would. But he only has a week after the season is over to decide.

Problem is...if the Magic fire SVG and/or Otis, then he doesn't know who is going to be making decisions about his future because if that happens, the Magic are not likely to have any replacements that quickly. You couldn't blame him if he did opt out.

I really hope he does not leave. That would just be the capper on a heartbreaker of a season. In all of his time here, Jameer has always been the guy who has stepped up to talk to the media, even in the tough times. He's always positive. He always takes a team approach. While Dwight was traveling the world for adidas and the Olympics (which did not bother me, by the way) during the summers, Jameer was organizing team-building get-togethers for the Magic. He has been the glue for this team since 2004. It does concern me, by the way, since Baby gave the season-ending message to the fans at the regular-season finale.

I don't think he's overpaid, by the way. He has outplayed a lot of guys who make more money than him. I don't think the rest of you guys really want this to happen either. The only good point guard available this summer in free agency will be Deron Williams, and personally, I just don't see him coming here. And there is only one good point guard in the draft -- and he will go much earlier than the Magic will pick. Plus, he would need some seasoning. And Duhon could then end up being the Magic's starting point guard.