Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

A Rare Ref Appreciation

The referees on a number of occasions are criticized for poor officiating. But last night one of the officials deserve a big thank you. This particular ref showed some heart, class, or whatever you want to call it when he swallowed the whistle against a Magic player.

Jason Richardson was the recipient of the "good cop" gesture. It was the incident where JRich was guarding Gerald Henderson and they got tangled up. Henderson swung his elbow, hitting JRich in the side of the head/neck before tumbling to the floor. JRich was really upset and he stood over Henderson pointing his finger down at him while giving him an earful. Henderson stood up and he and Henderson exchanged words, but the ref gave JRich the technical.

Meanwhile, JRich was still upset about the call and continued to let the refs know how he felt about it. He came close to getting the 2nd tech. JJ tried to calm him down when another ref waved JJ away and this ref. kept walking JRich down the sideline toward the Magic team's bench and was calmly talking to JRich, trying to calm him down . The ref motioned to JRich to have a seat. Stan could be seen in the background walking toward his seat with his arms crossed (keeping an eye on the ref and JRich). Stan's body language was like: "Thank God for this ref's patience with JRich".

I say thank you to the ref who saved JRich from being ejected from the game because JR was on fire in the first quarter. His aggressiveness in and around the basket and 3 pt. play was one of the major reasons the Magic built a large lead.

Btw, there was another ref standing near JRich whom I believe was getting ready to give JRich the 2nd tech. But the ref who saved JRich waved that ref off and told him that he would handle it.

Guys. . .I was thinking along the lines that maybe the ref, who deflected the 2nd tech against JRich, realized how crucial these last two games are for ANY team going into the playoffs, especially in terms of seedings.

In Georgia (country, not state), he used it to beat rocks into submission.

Head bumping is a common thing in Europe like touching the reff which hedo displayed lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guys. . .I was thinking along the lines that maybe the ref, who deflected the 2nd tech against JRich, realized how crucial these last two games are for ANY team going into the playoffs, especially in terms of seedings.

Yeah, I really don't think it matters whether or not Richardson plays or not. Clearly the story here is the size of Zaza's head.

Do you think he cries himself to sleep every night on his giant pillow?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I really don't think it matters whether or not Richardson plays or not. Clearly the story here is the size of Zaza's head.

Do you think he cries himself to sleep every night on his giant pillow?

yea, he cries himself to sleep every night to this:

hjjjj.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Damn, that just shows you now matter how ugly you are, you can still get a hot girl (if you have money that is ha)

Ye I bet it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a succesfull basketball player playing in one of the best leagues in the world. These guys just grow in trees ya know.

Doesn't really matter if you are the most handsome guy in the world if you are complete wuss who has really done nothing in hes life.