Franchero MVP

Van Gundy - voted least popular coach in NBA

I believe he is and I agree with him.

That obviously means that neither one of you want Dwight Howard on the Magic since he doesn't want to play for Stan. Actually, there probably are not a lot of NBA all stars who aren't spoiled divas.

"I'd rather be coddled than win." ~Random NBA Player

I've always appreciated coaches that knew how to win and held people accountable. I've always wanted the same thing from my leaders in the Marines, and I hope I provided the same thing to those whom I was responsible for as well. Call me crazy.

only reason Doc rivers is the most popular is because there are so many boston fans and bandwagoners give him the vote.

give credit to stan for keeping his composure when Dwight was going on a rant and things were about to fall apart.

but Honestly I think that Tom Thibodeau should be the most popular coach. look at the bulls now.

That obviously means that neither one of you want Dwight Howard on the Magic since he doesn't want to play for Stan. Actually, there probably are not a lot of NBA all stars who aren't spoiled divas.

Despite the diva in him, he's still a great player and is on our team now, so I'll take him. That doesn't mean I don't like the crap that comes along with having him and that I want to add to that by getting another egoistic star. If we trade him before next year's deadline, I'll be content (if we get a good return).

It is still bothersome to see the same game he brings too. He's not so much skilled as he is athletically gifted. Every year, I hope he's gonna bring out the jumper and he doesn't. He shows it early on a couple times and then runs as far away from it as he can.

"I'd rather be coddled than win." ~Random NBA Player

I've always appreciated coaches that knew how to win and held people accountable. I've always wanted the same thing from my leaders in the Marines, and I hope I provided the same thing to those whom I was responsible for as well. Call me crazy.

I served two tours of duty as a Marine in Viet Nam. I don't think your crazy, but I'm not so sure that Stan has held Hedo or Duhon accountable. Semper Fi.

• Upvote 1

only reason Doc rivers is the most popular is because there are so many boston fans and bandwagoners give him the vote.

give credit to stan for keeping his composure when Dwight was going on a rant and things were about to fall apart.

but Honestly I think that Tom Thibodeau should be the most popular coach. look at the bulls now.

Doc also comes off as a guy who will give his players "tough love". He won't coddle them but you know he has your back and you know he will give guys the chance to play and knows how to use "spark guys" and knows how to get guys to buy in.

This is a dude who managed to find a role for Brian Scalabrine on a title team. You think Stan makes the move to put Ray Allen on the bench for Avery Bradley? Hell no considering he won't even swap JRICH with Redick or Hedo for QRICH if you want a more similar example.

Despite the diva in him, he's still a great player and is on our team now, so I'll take him. That doesn't mean I don't like the crap that comes along with having him and that I want to add to that by getting another egoistic star. If we trade him before next year's deadline, I'll be content (if we get a good return).

It is still bothersome to see the same game he brings too. He's not so much skilled as he is athletically gifted. Every year, I hope he's gonna bring out the jumper and he doesn't. He shows it early on a couple times and then runs as far away from it as he can.

Unless we get Iggy, Hawes, and draft picks from Philly, or Noah from the Bulls, or Bynum (if we get rid of Hedo), then there is no such thing as a "good return".

• Downvote 1

Doc also comes off as a guy who will give his players "tough love". He won't coddle them but you know he has your back and you know he will give guys the chance to play and knows how to use "spark guys" and knows how to get guys to buy in.

This is a dude who managed to find a role for Brian Scalabrine on a title team. You think Stan makes the move to put Ray Allen on the bench for Avery Bradley? Hell no considering he won't even swap JRICH with Redick or Hedo for QRICH if you want a more similar example.

I enjoy reading your insight.

but my point is that Doc shouldn't be the most popular. Coach Thib was part of the 2008 championship team and does a way better job than Doc.

stan is acting up this year and apparently he opened his eyes realizing that ish was better, but closed it back and put DuCrap back in the back up pg.

but my point is that Doc shouldn't be the most popular. Coach Thib was part of the 2008 championship team and does a way better job than Doc.

stan is acting up this year and apparently he opened his eyes realizing that ish was better, but closed it back and put DuCrap back in the back up pg.

Way better job? Not sure about that. Thibs still struggles with his offensive schemes, especially when Rose is on the floor. Doc can get it done on both ends.

Doc also seems a bit more easy to deal with.

I have to agree with this poll. If I was playing, I'd want Rivers as my coach.