Play the Song

Howard Diagnosed Herniated Disk

Karma's a *****. Though something doesn't feel right about this announcement. Why it took so long to diagnose is beyond me. I thought an MRI would have been performed here in Orlando immediately after the injury. A thorough physical would have narrowed this diagnosis based on type of pain and the presence of pain radiation. So either our doctors missed the ball or the Magic was too cheap to order an MRI to rule out the worst on their franchise player.

I suspect this: Duhon's banishment and Dwight's "injury" are linked. Catman said he would let us know more truth about the Dwama situation. I think Dwight AND Duhon's partying is catching up on both of them, and Dwight is going to sit out rest of year based on this "new" diagnosis.

I call bluff. Dwight is NOT taking it like a man. Stan pissed him off and this is his way to retaliate. The timing is "too perfect."

• Downvote 4

I wonder what are the chances that the doctors in Orlando would think that Howard has herniated disk if Howard only says "my back feels stiff" and goes full practice through and then 20/20 game. AFAIK with herniated disk you shouldn't even feel like you want to think about jumping in the air.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

Yes! Read my earlier post! Great point. If he did have a herniated disc, virtually impossible to do that 20/20 -- seriously. Something id DEFINITELY not right here. DWIGHT IS QUITTING ON THE TEAM THIS SEASON. YaBoyR, any clarification on this? Norman and I are calling out your boy faking this injury!

Once a liar -- always a liar.

• Downvote 2

love you guys, but I still stand by my prediction he's getting traded between June 28th and July 11th. When I created a thread predicting this, people called me a lunatic and jumped down my throat. You were missing my positive message...

Honestly, I'd be happy to blow this team up and trade Dwight, assuming the return is incredibly good and we can dump salary.

On another note, how the heck did Otis build such a terrible roster? Our current, healthy bigs are Ryan, Earl and Glen. WTH? For a playoff team, that is unbelievably bad. Earl shouldn't even be in the NBA, yet he is a key rotation guy for us.

Yes! Read my earlier post! Great point. If he did have a herniated disc, virtually impossible to do that 20/20 -- seriously. Something id DEFINITELY not right here. DWIGHT IS QUITTING ON THE TEAM THIS SEASON. YaBoyR, any clarification on this? Norman and I are calling out your boy faking this injury!

Once a liar -- always a liar.

Not all herniated disks are created equal and herniated /= bulging.

Think something along the lines of being diagnosed nearsighted: Is the disk a 20/30 vision diagnosis or 20/500?

So maybe the Haywood punch wasn't a 'punch' but hurt like one due to the herniated disk?

(if indeed so, what an alarming fail by our medical department...)

In any case, let's hope that Howard recovers quickly and fully.

(can we loan him to the Suns till the offseason?)

I feel that the team, now that Howard is officially out, will snap out of their trance and find the urgency that the situation calls for. The realization that the spotlight has shifted solely upon them for the rest of the season will have a positive, empowering, effect.

Unless we strategically decide to tank - a scenario I could live with, had I any trust to our scouting dept...

Think something along the lines of being diagnosed nearsighted: Is the disk a 20/30 vision diagnosis or 20/500?

This guy is a joke. He tries to come off as a doctor but actually comes off as complete douche. It's pretty funny I must say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Instead of calling him a liar, try imagining that that 20/20 game was through back pain which ultimately became a herniated disc or a worsened one. And there is always the degree to which it has bulged or herniated. Maybe it was bearable or manageable and then the disc swelled or bulged more after the game due to the strain he put on it.

Some of you just like the added drama :svgsad:

Yes, AccuWill. True. Valid point. But still, I wouldn't play my superstar even if his disc herniation is partial and not complete. No way! He will make the injury worse!

Instead of calling him a liar, try imagining that that 20/20 game was through back pain which ultimately became a herniated disc or a worsened one. And there is always the degree to which it has bulged or herniated. Maybe it was bearable or manageable and then the disc swelled or bulged more after the game due to the strain he put on it.

Some of you just like the added drama :svgsad:

Thank you. Excellent point. Someone who is not a medical student actually has common sense. God! Daggerson's a bozo.

Yes, AccuWill. True. Valid point. But still, I wouldn't play my superstar even if his disc herniation is partial and not complete. No way! He will make the injury worse!

u94fq.jpg