God Hates Otis Smith

Ish Smith, 6 points, 7 assists, 3 steals +20

Bearing in mind the small sample size doesnt include the easiest guy in the league to get an assist to...dwight howard. It would be interesting to see the dwight/Ish combo at work rather than what weve seen in the Duhon/howard combo which is useless. Whatever Ish brings good or bad lets see it.

Actually, Dwight is below the league average in terms of how many of his baskets earn an assist for another player. He doesn't depend on the PG to set him up for an easy basket, we feed him the ball in the post and he goes to work. It's one of the reasons people like DoM keep reminding this forum that our style of play doesn't generate a lot of assists for the PG.

• Upvote 1

Bearing in mind the small sample size doesnt include the easiest guy in the league to get an assist to...dwight howard. It would be interesting to see the dwight/Ish combo at work rather than what weve seen in the Duhon/howard combo which is useless. Whatever Ish brings good or bad lets see it.

How so? The majority of Dwight's touches come in the post, and even when he's on the receiving end of a pass he usually gets sent to the line.

His lack of a jumper coupled with the respect he gets going towards the basket (being fouled) probably makes Dwight one of the tougher centers in the league to get assists from.

Im curious about the people who want SVG gone. Im disappointed with him playing players who are useless and not developing young talent but in reality how many more wins do you think Phil Jackson would get from this overpaid bunch of scrubs and circus atmosphere. Im thinking at best 5 more wins. Not sure I like the blame on him but Otis well I cant wait until he is gone.

Actually, Dwight is below the league average in terms of how many of his baskets earn an assist for another player. He doesn't depend on the PG to set him up for an easy basket, we feed him the ball in the post and he goes to work. It's one of the reasons people like DoM keep reminding this forum that our style of play doesn't generate a lot of assists for the PG.

Interesting point but I would point out lob city with Paul to Dwight would be 4 assists per game. Also, our entire team doesnt no how to place an entry pass to save their lives. Paul, Deron, Kidd, Nash and Rondo would do just fine racking the assists up. Pick and roll Nash to Howard would be money. Our offense needs to change no doubt but Jameer and the rest of the club are not good facilitators or capable of breaking down their man and creating a mismatch freeing up dwight.

The credit for Ish playing should go to Duhon, not Stan.

We've been calling for this guy to get a crack in the rotation since he's been here. But Stan tried everything not to play him until he was forced to when he had to suspend Duhon for showing up late repeatedly.

Then the media pressure afterwards and....there you have it.

Interesting point but I would point out lob city with Paul to Dwight would be 4 assists per game. Also, our entire team doesnt no how to place an entry pass to save their lives. Paul, Deron, Kidd, Nash and Rondo would do just fine racking the assists up. Pick and roll Nash to Howard would be money. Our offense needs to change no doubt but Jameer and the rest of the club are not good facilitators or capable of breaking down their man and creating a mismatch freeing up dwight.

Man we could have gotten CP3 if Otis didn't trade all of our young assets.

Gortat,Anderson,Jameer,1rd for CP3.

Damn you Otis. :chairshot:

I think it was Steve Kyler on Twitter, one of the few guys I trust because he doesn't just spew rumors, was saying that Ish had to play now because Duhon had quit on Stan and the team. Said amongst other things, showing up late to one practice with no notice and then missing the next without notice, the alcoholic has mailed it in.