Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

Royce White allegedly has a promise from Minny. And I'm telling you guys, Marshall's not gonna be that good in the NBA. Scott Machado is arguably as good a passer as him but is also more athletic and can score more; his stock is low because he's a senior and played in a weak conference.

I've seen several mocks give us Arnett Moultrie, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think PF is the last thing we need to adress with this pick. I think chances are solid of both Ryan and BBD being back, plus we have Harper who hasn't gotten a shot yet. Not to mention that Fran may actually end up coming over this year. Besides, if we were to take a PF, I'd prefer Royce White.

I really like the idea of a SF or PG. We need to try and get the most talented player we can get, but someone with youth and upside at the three or five just sounds too good.

I'd think we'd run Fran at C if he came over, right? That's what he's playing for Spain, I thought. Then again, I don't know a whole lot about him except that he's afraid of America.

142011354_crop_650x440.jpg?1333558828

Someone photoshop this boy into a Magic jersey. Come on we already got the 14 ready if the Meerkat is gone.

Terrence%20Ross_0.jpg

And follow it with this guy.

7426897546_0785085ac6.jpg

Because I'm hoping we keep 'Meer.

Looking at the pieces we have (with Dwights extension) we can easily be a contender. I believe we are 2 players away from championship. A defensive minded back up center and a player who can create for himself and teammates. With a strong penetrator defense would have to respect and make s decision. With Dwight that's helluva one two punch.. I believe that's why Dwight wants a gaurd like Paul or Dwill . Monte would be perfect fit.

With Dwight healthy, a back-up center is the least of our problems.

With Dwight healthy, a back-up center is the least of our problems.

True, but for the LOVE OF GOOD, can we sign someone that can at least play 10-15 minutes? It's not that hard.

True, but for the LOVE OF GOOD, can we sign someone that can at least play 10-15 minutes? It's not that hard.

You have a valid point, and yes we should find someone, but a team in the Magic's position does not draft a player in the first (or even the second round) to be a backup center. The Magic need players who can come in and contribute immediately and hopefully yank the starting position away from the scrubs who currently occupy it. Dwight and our two PF's are the only two positions who do not need that.

A solid back up big who can rebound and play D can be found in free agency. Lets leave our draft picks for our sorely depleted wing and backcourt positions.

If the whole Rockets getting two top 10 picks while giving us Dalembert and Martin and taking Turks ****ty deal, sign me up. That is if he refuses to sign an extension.

Here's what I'd do...

Trade Dwight/Turk for Martin, Dalembert, #5 and #8.

Trade the 19th pick to Boston for 21 and 22

Draft Drummond at #5 and Jeremy Lamb or Damian Lillard at #8. Then with 21 and 22, if we take Lamb then at 21 I'd draft Harkless because his upside is great and then at 22 I would draft Wroten.

We would also be able to move Redick/Richardson and also we would have a ton of cap space because of the Rockets trade. If Nelson opts out and we trade Jason Richardson and Redick we would look like this:

Wroten

Martin/Lamb

Harkless

Anderson/Baby

Dalembert/Drummond

Young and probably not great and it would be a long season, but it would benefit the Magic for the 2013 draft and we could get another top 10 pick, hopefully #1 and Shabazz Muhammad lives up to the hype.

If the whole Rockets getting two top 10 picks while giving us Dalembert and Martin and taking Turks ****ty deal, sign me up. That is if he refuses to sign an extension.

Here's what I'd do...

Trade Dwight/Turk for Martin, Dalembert, #5 and #8.

Trade the 19th pick to Boston for 21 and 22

Draft Drummond at #5 and Jeremy Lamb or Damian Lillard at #8. Then with 21 and 22, if we take Lamb then at 21 I'd draft Harkless because his upside is great and then at 22 I would draft Wroten.

We would also be able to move Redick/Richardson and also we would have a ton of cap space because of the Rockets trade. If Nelson opts out and we trade Jason Richardson and Redick we would look like this:

Wroten

Martin/Lamb

Harkless

Anderson/Baby

Dalembert/Drummond

Young and probably not great and it would be a long season, but it would benefit the Magic for the 2013 draft and we could get another top 10 pick, hopefully #1 and Shabazz Muhammad lives up to the hype.

Why would Boston trade 2 first round picks just to move up 2 spots?

It would only be an option if a player they really like is there at 19 but Denver might take him or some type of scenario like that. Even without that extra pick, we could pick Harkless and try to buy an early 2nd round pick for Machado.

It'll be interesting to see how Henny plays the draft. He must be thrilled with picking 9 picks ahead of his original team. I wonder if we'll aquire anymore picks.... Hope we keep Dwight.