Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

What If the Team Hadn't Caught the Flu

Was just thinking. I remember when Otis decided to blow the team up last year it was after a horrific road trip where almost half the team had missed a game because of being sick and really threw everyone off. Only he would make a move then and then sit tight this year. Worst GM ever.

But I remember last year the team was flirting with the number 1 record for a while in November, especially when Carter was healthy.

Can't help but think, if team doesn't get sick, maybe Otis doesn't overreact, maybe we aren't here today.

we would have probably still have lost to Atlanta.. we really didn't have GOOD defenders on that team.. i think we'd still be in the same position we are today.. except we wouldn't be stuck with Turk.. We'd Have Marcin.. We would have probably Amnestied Rashard, released Vince, Start JJ, and be in a way better position to try and sign Deron this upcoming offseason, but one things for sure.. we would have not won the title regardless if we kept those guys.

we would have probably still have lost to Atlanta..

With pretty much the same team that swept them and won by an average margin of victory by about 1395 points the year before?

Yeah, no.

With pretty much the same team that swept them and won by an average margin of victory by about 1395 points the year before?

Yeah, no.

I think we had Matt Barnes guarding Johnson for most of that series and i don't remember them putting Horford at the PF spot in that series, there's no doubt in my mind we still would have lost.

Amnest Rashard

Have Pietrus + Vince as expiring deals

A great asset in Gortat to move

Our 1st round pick that could've netted us someone like Marshon Brooks or Chandler Parsons

Frankly it's just best not to think about it.

Amnest Rashard

Have Pietrus + Vince as expiring deals

A great asset in Gortat to move

Our 1st round pick that could've netted us someone like Marshon Brooks or Chandler Parsons

Frankly it's just best not to think about it.

Yet here we are talking about how Stan probably won't be coach next year. Sickening.

I think we had Matt Barnes guarding Johnson for most of that series and i don't remember them putting Horford at the PF spot in that series, there's no doubt in my mind we still would have lost.

So the only roster difference is no Matt Barnes and we go from absolutely destroying the Hawks en route to a sweep...to losing?! Come on, try to be objective .

So the only roster difference is no Matt Barnes and we go from absolutely destroying the Hawks en route to a sweep...to losing?! Come on, try to be objective .

Matt Barnes shut Johnson down.... he had terrible shooting games that year, if you think Carter or Q-Rich could have done the same, i'd have to disagree, plus, Vince and Rashard would have been a step slower, and Vince would have probably been a no - show just like he was in the 2010 series, which would have made things worse.

Matt Barnes shut Johnson down.... he had terrible shooting games that year, if you think Carter or Q-Rich could have done the same, i'd have to disagree, plus, Vince and Rashard would have been a step slower, and Vince would have probably been a no - show just like he was in the 2010 series, which would have made things worse.

We had Pietrus.

If you kinda think about it, with that old team we MIGHT have been able to win a championship.

Let's just say that we just come up short of the 3 seed and come up with the 4th.

We would have beaten ATL, we destroyed the bulls in that one game, and if you think about the match-ups we definitely win.

VC could still be the guy to get his own shot and would have to defend Bogans, we don't rely on the SF to make plays so there is no one for Deng to shut down, Rashard does a decent job at defending Boozer and could sometimes take advantage of Boozers bad D, and Dwight gets his own against their Centers.

Oh and Rose can't make layups with Dwight under the rim.

Then I just feel like we could have beaten the Heat with our ball movement like the Mavs did although you never know.

Oh I just remembered that Rashard sat out most of the season. Never mind then.

We were 16-5 before that road trip and came out of it 17-9.

Who the hell blows up a 16-9 team after a roadtrip where half the team got sent home?!?!?!?!?!

And yet pee-brain didn't think to blow up this abortion of a team at any time during the last two seasons.

FIRE OTIS!!!!!