TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

According to your logic of making issues public, then you also don't consider Dwight a leader. Right right?

I think removing Stan to keep Dwight will be like stabbing an already open wound before suturing it up just for the suture to come undone anyways. I doubt that Dwight will be happy with his coach no matter who it is. I think he should shut up and play basketball. No need for the this and that crap. A championship will come his way here in Orlando if he stays.

Yeah,I never thought Dwight was a leader,he is just to goofy and immature to lead a team,but his talent can't be overlooked he is still the best bigman in the NBA.If I had to choose who to keep between Dwight or SVG,im choosing Dwight.In the end I think Dwight ends up leaving the organization,Our history of keeping players longterm should tell you that Dwight is next,(Shaq,Penny,Hill,Tmac).We have had this franchise for 20yrs and we still don't have a retired player jersey in the rafters besides the 6th man.

Why would you want to bring back both SVG and Dwight,their relationship is damaged,they had a great 5yr run,but we need a coach who is a leader,if SVG was really a leader he wouldn't have aired the Magic dirty laundry to the public,This wouldn't even be a topic of convo if SVG hadn't gone public to the media.Not sticking up for Dwight either because he is wrong as well for holding the organization hostage all year.

Maybe because Stan is one of the top coaches in the league, and Dwight is the best big man around. Just because a relationship gets damaged doesn't mean it can't be repaired, nor does it mean it isn't worth the effort of repairing. This wouldn't even be a topic of convo if Dwight hadn't gone to management and stated he wouldn't re-sign long term if Stan was the coach. No one in this fiasco is without blame, but that doesn't mean you need to toss it all into the scrap heap and start over again.

You have a lot of things to learn in life if you think the only answer to every damaged relationship is termination.

• Upvote 4

You have a lot of things to learn in life if you think the only answer to every damaged relationship is termination.

has worked well for me :D

na but seriously, sometimes you just need time off from each other to really analyze and ponder about the past. Hopefully this offseason will give everyone a chance to take a look back and see where the mistakes were made and try to fix them going forward. Quite simply, SVG is a top 5 coach. Dwight is a top 5 player. Both have strong personalities and conflict will (naturally) rear its ugly head, just like in any organization with strong types. Once they get on the same page (and management gets its head out the sand) this team will be back and stronger than ever.

Maybe because Stan is one of the top coaches in the league, and Dwight is the best big man around. Just because a relationship gets damaged doesn't mean it can't be repaired, nor does it mean it isn't worth the effort of repairing. This wouldn't even be a topic of convo if Dwight hadn't gone to management and stated he wouldn't re-sign long term if Stan was the coach. No one in this fiasco is without blame, but that doesn't mean you need to toss it all into the scrap heap and start over again.

SVG knew all year he was going to get fired,so why take it public 2weeks before the playoffs.He did nothing but save his face,and he made the franchise look shady.Like I said this wouldn't be a convo right now,if Stan had just shut his mouth and coached out the rest of the season.Dwight and SVG relationship has been rocky for the last 3yrs,they had plenty of time to repair their relationship,it does no good to keep trying if you are causing friction in the lockeroom between your star player and coach,the lockeroom will be divided.Sometimes you just have to move on.You can't always try and make a relationship work,because it does no good if both partners aren't commited to making it work.

When a relationship doesn't work out,it's time to move on with a divorce,sometime change is best for both people,Life still goes on.

When a relationship doesn't work out,it's time to move on with a divorce,sometime change is best for both people,Life still goes on.

I personally think, divorce is a cheap way to get out of taking responsibility and working out your differences. If there is a huge issue like spousal cheating, then it's a different story. But nothing of that magnitude has happened here.

• Upvote 3

I personally think, divorce is a cheap way to get out of taking responsibility and working out your differences. If there is a huge issue like spousal cheating, then it's a different story. But nothing of that magnitude has happened here.

I would hope not... I mean Stan and Howard?

You are missing a key factor in your thoughts though. The NBA, while real, is not real life. These multi million dollar athletes are spoil rotten babies that get what they want 9 out of 10 times. Sucks, but if Howard wants Stan gone, then Stans gone.

SVG knew all year he was going to get fired

The rest of your post seems to be built off of this statement. Would you care to explain to me how you could possibly know this?

The rest of your post seems to be built off of this statement. Would you care to explain to me how you could possibly know this?

I guess you haven't watch the interview before the knicks game last thursday,you should watch and listen very carefully.After you watch it come back and tell me that your'e sorry for attaking my statement?

Thank you sincerely The Magic Man.

I guess you haven't watch the interview before the knicks game last thursday,you should watch and listen very carefully.After you watch it come back and tell me that your'e sorry for attaking my statement?

:svgsad:

1) I didn't attack your statement. I asked you a question.

2) Your second sentence is not a question.

But sure, I'll watch the interview again and see if I missed something.

Edit: Yup, just watched it again and I still haven't seen anything to suggest that Stan has known all season that he was being fired.

Please enlighten me.

I'm constantly amazed at how people divert questions aimed towards them by telling the person to "go look it up". It'd be like typing up a research paper and then placing "look it up" under the works cited.

It's YOUR responsibility to back up your claim, not the person questioning its validity.

• Upvote 2

SVG knew all year he was going to get fired,so why take it public 2weeks before the playoffs.He did nothing but save his face,and he made the franchise look shady.Like I said this wouldn't be a convo right now,if Stan had just shut his mouth and coached out the rest of the season.Dwight and SVG relationship has been rocky for the last 3yrs,they had plenty of time to repair their relationship,it does no good to keep trying if you are causing friction in the lockeroom between your star player and coach,the lockeroom will be divided.Sometimes you just have to move on.You can't always try and make a relationship work,because it does no good if both partners aren't commited to making it work.

Since your first sentense has already been "attacked" by that simple question by Emory, just curious, about your second one. Howard has done more harm to the franchise this year with his flip flopping, should I stay or go, I want to be a finisher, its all about loyalty bs than Stan has ever done. Then there's Howard's idea to get Agent 0, bring Turk back etc. Maybe he should not have spoken up, but he had enough and let it out. Shady though? Just wondering...