TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Jesus *****ing christ, finding fault isn't a zero-sum game, no matter how convenient it would be for Dwight and his cheerleaders like you if it was. People are perfectly capable of assigning blame to multiple parties, and I don't have to remove blame from Dwight to place some on Stan. Whatever fault Stan deserves for airing franchise dirty laundry in public exists entirely separately from the absolute stream of bull**** the franchise has gone through because of Dwight this year, and your insistence that "Dwight told them last year!" somehow absolves him of what happened yesterday is patently absurd.

chandroid_1300193935487.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some things became clearer after yesterdays "event". Other than the obvious SVG and Dwight are done together. I believe Otis was dead set on dumping Dwight for anything (see Lopez and garbage) in order to have a chance of keeping his pay check (even though a small chance). He was done with the trade when Martins stepped in feeling it was better to keep Dwight than SVG and Otis. The trade then was scrapped but the tension built up to a meeting with Dwight saying Ill stay but those two have gotta go. Just my opinion but this is a fiasco.

sigh, will the drama in this season ever end?? :svgsad:

It's obvious to me that both Dwight and Stan are at fault for what's going on right now, and not only them (the Magic organization continue to be a joke). But i have to say that i expected better from Stan than this... sadly i didn't expect better from Dwight <_<

Every attribute you list can be um, attributed (dammit, I should have thought that one out more) to the fact that SVG eats/sleeps/breathes basketball, way more than anyone else in the organization. His knowledge of this game is on par with any other coach in the league. My problem with the standpoint that he needs to go is this: who will you replace him with? Who is out there that can come in with an admittedly fresh perspective but will also provide the acumen that Stan and his staff has?

And furthermore, what good does replacing the coach do if you do not also make the necessary moves to improve the roster? It is a single step among several necessary steps. If Stan cannot coach this team to a title, neither can any other coach that is currently available.

Honestly with 13 or so games left Phil Jackson couldn't come in this season and teach the players a new system. But it would be refreshing for the players to have a new voice and a new leader on the sideline to play for. I guarantee you if we fired SVG and gave the reighns to Patrick you would see some great basketball. Think about the Knicks it's not like their coach is so great and that is why they are winning. They are winning because they feel free of the D' antoni system. Yea they have better players but those are the same players they had when they were losing.

Lock them in a room

either make this work

or first one to die loses

what stan did today was incredibly unprofessional and a slap in the face to the entire team. Just because Howard may want you fired does NOT mean they will do it.....stan has done nothing but throw the players under the bus all year, yet some people here absolve him from blame. LOL

Stan threw Dwight under the bus. Most people on here feel otherwise. Dwight did not air the dirty laundry, Stan did. Magic Johnson had a coach fired. Michael Jordan also. Dwight did not go to the press and announce to all the world that Stan should be fired. If he told management that he wasn't happy with Stan, he's allowed to do that. He has never told the press his desire for a new coach.

I don't know what Stan was thinking with his announcement of this dirty laundry, but he is to blame for this curent debacle. Keep your mouth shut.

Stan may be an excellent coach in X's and O's but his game management stinks. He keeps complaing but never varies. If J-Rich doesn't play with energy bench him. If JJ can't hit the broadside of the barn, try Von Wafer. If any player is hot don't replace him until he cools down. He does this alot. When Ryan scores well why criticize him in public for his defense. How many blown leads have we experienced this year. Maybe he is a master of panic and Pat Riley knew what he was doing firing him in the middle of their championship year.

The booing of Dwight came from the hugh contigent of Knick fans at the game. They were obnoxious.

Honestly with 13 or so games left Phil Jackson couldn't come in this season and teach the players a new system. But it would be refreshing for the players to have a new voice and a new leader on the sideline to play for. I guarantee you if we fired SVG and gave the reighns to Patrick you would see some great basketball. Think about the Knicks it's not like their coach is so great and that is why they are winning. They are winning because they feel free of the D' antoni system. Yea they have better players but those are the same players they had when they were losing.

I do see your point about the fresh voice. Ultimately, I think it will happen, and there may even be some benefits from it. Everything I've read and seen/heard with my own eyes indicates that Dwight is the main player with a problem with Stan. Surely this doesn't mean he is truly the only player that would be glad to see Stan go. But it DOES mean that our situation is different from the one in NY. The Knicks had had several bad seasons under D'Antoni before the cavalry arrived last season. Then, even with the influx of talent, they still were under performing. That is a far cry from the success the Magic have enjoyed under Stan. That honeymoon period with the new guy is usually only a short-term phenomenon.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/why-would-howard-want-van-gundy-gone

The Magic as an organization tried everything under the moon to get Dwight to stay. It was a daily romance of promises and offers. Dwight didn’t have to ask for much, it was freely offered. The Magic talked more about replacing Stan Van Gundy than Dwight Howard did, and they have done the same regarding Magic president Otis Smith. So to characterize any of this as Dwight “campaigning” to get Stan Van Gundy fired is simply not true. It’s been mentioned less than a handful of times since training camp and it’s generally been said to Dwight not by Dwight.

So what’s the real issue?

Dwight Howard wants a coach he can connect with; a coach he can trust; a coach that can relate to what players are going through in a season.

Dwight does not want to be an employee. He wants to be a partner and he knows that he cannot have that with Stan Van Gundy or any of the coaches on the staff. He also knows he cannot have that with Otis Smith.

Stan threw Dwight under the bus. Most people on here feel otherwise. Dwight did not air the dirty laundry, Stan did. Magic Johnson had a coach fired. Michael Jordan also. Dwight did not go to the press and announce to all the world that Stan should be fired. If he told management that he wasn't happy with Stan, he's allowed to do that. He has never told the press his desire for a new coach.

I don't know what Stan was thinking with his announcement of this dirty laundry, but he is to blame for this curent debacle. Keep your mouth shut.

Saying "I won't sign a long term extension unless you fire Stan", even behind closed doors, is the definition of throwing someone under the bus. All Stan did was confirm what had already been reported as the truth. Dwight wants to play like the Wizard of Oz, well, if you've never seen the movie, you should stick with it. In the end, they pull the curtain back. Turn's out, the guy's kind of a *****.

(if you don't watch Justified, shame on you).

http://www.hoopsworld.com/why-would-howard-want-van-gundy-gone

Dwight Howard wants a coach he can connect with; a coach he can trust; a coach that can relate to what players are going through in a season.

Apparently, said coach's ability to actually coach is secondary to his ability to connect, relate, and be trustworthy.

I do see your point about the fresh voice. Ultimately, I think it will happen, and there may even be some benefits from it. Everything I've read and seen/heard with my own eyes indicates that Dwight is the main player with a problem with Stan. Surely this doesn't mean he is truly the only player that would be glad to see Stan go. But it DOES mean that our situation is different from the one in NY. The Knicks had had several bad seasons under D'Antoni before the cavalry arrived last season. Then, even with the influx of talent, they still were under performing. That is a far cry from the success the Magic have enjoyed under Stan. That honeymoon period with the new guy is usually only a short-term phenomenon.

To any fresh blood argument:

Jerry Sloan