TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Reinsdorf didn't fire Phil Jackson. Jackson walked away. Big difference.

There's a better chance of the Magic hiring my unborn nephew to coach the Magic than there is for them to talk Phil Jackson into doing it. Honestly, the only job I think that might tempt him is the Knicks, due to his ties with them in his playing days, and honestly, I doubt they have enough on the roster to get him to commit to them either.

I'll be surprised if Jackson ever coaches again.

Wrong.

I lived in the Chicago area for years and shared season tickets for the Bulls during the MJ period. Reinsdorf did not offer Phil Jackson a contract after their last championship.

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Reinsdorf

When this happened, Jackson said that he was going to retire, but LA made him an offer that he could not refuse.

Is this a chicken or the egg scenario? Without Dwight SVG would not be the best coach the Magic have ever seen, and the Magic wouldn't be as good without SVG. Stan said it his self "The key to good coaching is get good players". We forget these players are human, and sometimes no matter how much you want the best of their respectable positions to work together it doesn't work all the time. I've had to deal with some real d bags at work that have almost pushed me away.

Wrong.

I lived in the Chicago area for years and shared season tickets for the Bulls during the MJ period. Reinsdorf did not offer Phil Jackson a contract after their last championship.

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Reinsdorf

When this happened, Jackson said that he was going to retire, but LA made him an offer that he could not refuse.

Kobe and Shaq was quite an offer, not sure any coach would turn that down.

I assume I was I correct that Phil has never built a team from scratch? I could not find much on his ABA days and we now he coached the Bulls that had Jordan and Pippen and then went to the Lakers that had Shaq and Kobe, so what are you basing you assumption on that he could turn Magic into contenders in 2 years?

Please do not use the year he took the Jordanless Bulls to the ECF, there were already a good team with tons of playoff experience and still had pippen.

If you have Dwight Howard on your team, you are not rebuiding a team from scratch. Until a a few days ago, we had the 3rd best record in the conference. The Bulls won 47 games with MJ the year before Phil got there. They increased it to 55 in Phil's first year.

The Magic went 40 - 42 with Dwight the year before Stan got here.. They increased it to 52 - 30 in Stan's first year... I don't see your point

Phil, Dwight, no state tax... trade demands will start popping up around the league. Along with the free agency sweep.

But I too don't see Jackson caring about Orlando.

The Magic went 40 - 42 with Dwight the year before Stan got here.. They increased it to 52 - 30 in Stan's first year... I don't see your point

My main point was in reference to Phil never rebuilding a team from scratch. Once again, this team had the third best record in the conference up until a few days ago because we already have Dwight Howard. You do not have to REBUILD this team, you just have to enhance it, and I am saying that Phil Jackson is the kind of coach who could attract that "go to" player that we all want. It's a moot point though guys, he ain't never coming to Orlando so there's no sense in arguing whether or not he would be our saviour. Sorry I mentioned it, but he will always be my favorite coach. I liked his personality, his laid back approach on the bench, the fact that he hardly ever had to call time outs because his players bought into what he wanted them to do, etc.

Why dont we get dr Naismith out of his grave and force him to coach the Magic?. . I bet he d have more respect than Jackson, although probably he looks the same as Jackson after spending all those years in a grave. .

Jackson can not even sit straight. . Then again I am sure he d make a championship contender out of Rich bro's. . :)

SVG is Magics best bet. . Rebuilding is not such a bad thing.We ve had a good run. . Lets get it together, spend wisely, and hope for the best. .

Josh Robbins ‏ @JoshuaBRobbins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

SVG says D12 has asked management to fire him.

167278.gif

Frank Isola ‏ @FisolaNYDN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Dwight now denying he asked for Stan to be fired. Asked reporters to give up their source. Hey genius, the source is Stan

Dwight is really turning into a capricious manchild.