TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Otis is at fault for the 2nd unit rotations,lol.Otis doesn't coach the team,it's SVG job to find the right rotations,instead he chooses to play Duhon over Ish,and he chooses to not start JJ over Jrich,his rotations are awful.

What stuff do you have that shows Ish to be a better player?

Also JJ's production is needed in the 2nd unit. You really want to go with Jrich as our main bench player?

Also JJ's production is needed in the 2nd unit. You really want to go with Jrich as our main bench player?

Now you're sticking up for Duhon.LMFAO

Yes! He's too old to keep up with other teams starters.

I think he would do better facing their bench. I think thats part of the reason why his offense is suffering. He's expending so much energy on trying (keyword: trying) to defend other starting SG's that he can't get his offense going. Let him face the other teams scrubs and he may get it going.

Phil isn't going to coach for a team without Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan. Sloan is probably done for good as well.

I'm expecting Don Nelson as our next coach.

Phil Jackson has said that, if he had to choose one player to build a team around, it would be Dwight Howard.

Yes! He's too old to keep up with other teams starters.

I think he would do better facing their bench. I think thats part of the reason why his offense is suffering. He's expending so much energy on trying (keyword: trying) to defend other starting SG's that he can't get his offense going. Let him face the other teams scrubs and he may get it going.

A lot of "I thinks" in there. I can come back with I think he would have to work even harder to get his offense with the 2nd unit with Duhon or an unexperienced Ish and Clark or Qrich in there. His opportunities are better with the 1st unit and his height helps on the defensive end when he's trying.

I can't even believe though that people are looking at the roster and are blaming Stan for anything. Ish Smith...Orton..The focus should be on Otis.

From my sources all Stan does is yell at the players (which many other coaches do)...but the differences is they also bring out the positive things.

*This is in response to the above post by Nick Anderson.*

Nick, I am agreeing with you that other coaches yell. I was watching one of the Bull's games, and their coach. . .Tibido(sp). . . was pacing back and forth along the sideline, yelling at his players. I just thought to myself (wow). It was as fierce as what Stan use to do.

You said the differences is these other coaches bring out the positive things. Well, lets look at the reason he has an upper hand over Stan.

#1 - The Bulls have a much better bench than the Magic.

#2 - The Bulls have an MVP starting point guard.

#3 - The Bulls have the best record in the NBA

#4 - The Bulls are a more athletic team.

#5 - The Bulls' backup center situation is better than the Magic

#6 - The Bulls have a couple of very good backup point guards. Lucas could be a starter on any team.

Btw, Just like the Bulls, the Magic, too, were Eastern Conf. champs and went to the finals in 2008-2009 WHEN STAN WAS YELLING.

Of course JJ should be starting and J-Rich should be coming off the bench. OF COURSE Ish Smith, Stan Van Gundy, or Krusty the Clown should be backup PG instead of Chris Duhon. These are two immediate, in house, rotation moves that need to happen, needed to happen at least a MONTH ago, and are two moves so obvious a blind deaf and mentally handicapped mute could recognize and figure it out. Redick flat out FITS better with the other four starters much more often than not, and J-Rich would be more free to be the primary scorer playing with Davis & Ish (or, bleh, Duhon) as opposed to Dwight & Jameer who need THEIR shots. This isn't fantasy basketball, we don't need 5 20 point scorers at the same court at the same time. Someone needs to pass, SOMEONE needs to rebound, someone needs to D up like Lee & MP used to do. To put it as simply as possible, all Jason does is go off screens and shoot threes. Redick can shoot, go off screens, pass, actually run a pick and roll now and then, and actually try to stay in front of his man on defense!

J.J. is a glue guy, Rich is a chucker at this point in his career unless he gets multiple days rest. Plain and simple.

The Ish-Duhon argument is simple. Outside of catch-and-shoot threes, Duhon sucks. End of discussion.

Stan is a real good Xs and Os coach, but his stubborn rotations (Tony Battie over Gortat for nearly a whole year, burying Ariza, starting a not-ready Jameer in the Finals, Bass over Anderson, no response to Turkaflu stretches, WHERE is Earl Clark, etc. etc.) will be the death of him, the Magic, maybe both... how long someone has been in the league should not guarantee you your spot as a starter, or in the rotation! The players are playing like there are no consequences for their lazy play, either. Stan *****es all day about things like turnovers and lazy D, but doesn't DO anything about anything he says! So why should the players care if he complains? He's all bark and not much bite.

Unfortunately, Stan just hasn't learned from the past and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Hopefully the players he's playing, talking about Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon, mostly, start ballin' better like Glen Davis has lately.

Overall I do like Stan, but he's not exactly Red Auerbach, either. :svgsad:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The player have been tuning SVG out for a while. He might be the best coach the Magic have ever had but then I throw Doc Rivers out there. Doc Rivers seems to bring out the best in his players and they love him. As coach for the magic SVG got us further than any coach has. I've felt for a while now that SVG might get fired at the end of the season (barring a championship), but what I'm afraid of is Otis getting a pass. The roster stinks because of Otis. If the Magic had a legit complimentary superstar to play along side Howard we would not be talking about this today. Otis needs to go and go right now. We need to go after that assistant GM for the Thunder.

If SVG is fired, who do we hire to replace him? Don't say Phil Jackson because he is not coming here. He called Orlando a "Plastic city" and told us no thanks when the Magic went after him before we hired Chuck Daly.

Of course JJ should be starting and J-Rich should be coming off the bench. OF COURSE Ish Smith, Stan Van Gundy, or Krusty the Clown should be backup PG instead of Chris Duhon. These are two immediate, in house, rotation moves that need to happen, needed to happen at least a MONTH ago, and are two moves so obvious a blind deaf and mentally handicapped mute could recognize and figure it out. Redick flat out FITS better with the other four starters much more often than not, and J-Rich would be more free to be the primary scorer playing with Davis & Ish (or, bleh, Duhon) as opposed to Dwight & Jameer who need THEIR shots. This isn't fantasy basketball, we don't need 5 20 point scorers at the same court at the same time. Someone needs to pass, SOMEONE needs to rebound, someone needs to D up like Lee & MP used to do. To put it as simply as possible, all Jason does is go off screens and shoot threes. Redick can shoot, go off screens, pass, actually run a pick and roll now and then, and actually try to stay in front of his man on defense!

Great, so put all of our passers in the starting line up and have no passers waiting to sub into the game. I can't way to see how putrid the defense would be with Duhon in the second unit and no secondary passer (since you moved JJ into the starting line up). If you want to move JJ into the starting line up then you need to move Hedo out, except, I think he would sulk and play even worse (if that's possible) coming off the bench.