Beast From The East

GameThread Magic @ Pistons 4/3/12

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Pistons

Sure......

You suggesting that SVG + Dwight = No Rings (Ofcourse your clarifying that "If" Dwight says it... cop out)...... is that just some random thought, or is there is some actual math behind your logic?

You are grossly misreading. I am not "suggesting and then clarifying by copping out" :wacko: , I am just breaking down the rationale behind the management's -rumoured- considerations about letting Stan go. It is reasonble to assume that if the management DOES let Stan go, they would have done so because Dwight asked for it. Why would they do so otherwise?

So, in the context of this rumor, the management is consistent with their declarations of "we believe that our best chance of winning is with Dwight Howard". Whether they're right or wrong about Dwight's value to this franchise, that's a different matter.

ps.

My other point is that at the end of the day, we -as onlookers- should not be feeling "sorry" for Stan.

If Dwight indeed wants Stan out, I'm pretty sure Stan understands that he doesn't want to be part of a forced marriage anyway.

You are grossly misreading. I am not "suggesting and then clarifying by copping out" :wacko: , I am just breaking down the rationale behind the management's -rumoured- considerations about letting Stan go. It is reasonble to assume that if the management DOES let Stan go, they would have done so because Dwight asked for it. Why would they do so otherwise?

So, in the context of this rumor, the management is consistent with their declarations of "we believe that our best chance of winning is with Dwight Howard". Whether they're right or wrong about Dwight's value to this franchise, that's a different matter.

ps.

My other point is that at the end of the day, we -as onlookers- should not be feeling "sorry" for Stan.

If Dwight indeed wants Stan out, I'm pretty sure Stan understands that he doesn't want to be part of a forced marriage anyway.

I wanted to highlight one of your words, but thats the point..... Rumor.

Until Devos comes out and says it, or the action of firing SVG takes place... then we should talk about it.... because all this is doing is adding another distraction to a list of them we have had already.

Which brings me back to diggin up and old thread. Fire Otis.

So you are suggesting rebuilding this team around Anderson and Ish? LOL

I like them both, but neither would be considered a key building block for a team at this point. Anderson would a key piece, but not a player you would build you team around.

Those words were said in a moment of frustration. . You can not build a team around a second year Wake Forest pg, neither a young PF slash SF+ from Sacramento. . Then again this organization needs to be shaken to its senses, otherwise being a contender will only be a dream for along time to come. .

Ps - I realy did like Ish. I cant understand for the life of me why Stan didnt give him a chance at all.

Those words were said in a moment of frustration. . You can not build a team around a second year Wake Forest pg, neither a young PF slash SF+ from Sacramento. . Then again this organization needs to be shaken to its senses, otherwise being a contender will only be a dream for along time to come. .

Ps - I realy did like Ish. I cant understand for the life of me why Stan didnt give him a chance at all.

Because last night Ish wasnt where he was suppose to be on defense, and at times on offense... so its a knowledge thing, not a playing thing.

You cant be at your best, if you dont know what is happening.

If Stan goes, I'm pretty sure Otis goes.

They'll sell it like "a changing of the guards" type of thing.

You'd have to be crazy to keep Otis once you're making the strategical decision to start "involving" your franchise player that way (ie, give him a saying in management).

Unless of course Dwight loves Golden State :lol:

If Stan goes, I'm pretty sure Otis goes.

They'll sell it like "a changing of the guards" type of thing.

You'd have to be crazy to keep Otis once you're making the strategical decision to start "involving" your franchise player that way (ie, give him a saying in management).

Unless of course Dwight loves Golden State :lol:

Thats the thing as well.... Otis has given what SVG is working with..... and maybe its me... but they do not seem to be on the same page what so ever.

Maybe if we had a GM who can actually sign good players who fit a system, then you could be even better.

But the root cause is and always will be is the GM. Otis shouldn't be allowed to travel with them anymore, it doesnt do anything for Otis and his decisions.... except like the team more.

Orton's 100% on free throws for the season! There's hope. Maybe he'll pull a Gortat and be a contributor next year.

One good thing to come from this game is that maybe it will up BBD's confidence.

Also, three of our starters got some rest, soooo...

yeah, I'm grasping at straws. Hard to win when you have three starters out and the ones that are left are the worst offensively AND defensively.

Orton's 100% on free throws for the season! There's hope. Maybe he'll pull a Gortat and be a contributor next year.

One good thing to come from this game is that maybe it will up BBD's confidence.

Also, three of our starters got some rest, soooo...

yeah, I'm grasping at straws. Hard to win when you have three starters out and the ones that are left are the worst offensively AND defensively.

You and me both.

You and me both.

Still more of the season to go and we're still in control of the 3rd spot. For now.

And dropping to 4th and avoiding the Hawks in the first round wouldn't be so bad.

Because last night Ish wasnt where he was suppose to be on defense, and at times on offense... so its a knowledge thing, not a playing thing.

You cant be at your best, if you dont know what is happening.

I think its a practice thing, which of course leads to knowledge...

Ish played good in the first half and pretty poor in the second half. While he did get beat a few times on D he also recovered a few times to contend the shot or pass. He seemed to rush everying in the 2nd.

Ish outplaying Duhon in the first half might have awaken Duhon (if thats even possible) because he had by far his best half and as a result, his best game of the season last night. If only Duhon could play that well the rest of the season....

I think its a practice thing, which of course leads to knowledge...

Ish played good in the first half and pretty poor in the second half. While he did get beat a few times on D he also recovered a few times to contend the shot or pass. He seemed to rush everying in the 2nd.

Ish outplaying Duhon in the first half might have awaken Duhon (if thats even possible) because he had by far his best half and as a result, his best game of the season last night. If only Duhon could play that well the rest of the season....

Agree... Duhon came out very aggressive in the second half, I almost didnt know who he was driving to the lane and hitting 3's......

Now im not going to hope Duhon continues to play like this, because its a waist of a thought..... I would love for him to keep this going, but that is not a realistic expectation.

Ish needs time, just like every player we bring in needs time to digest....

I figured as much. This team needs a bit of fine tuning though, not a wrecking ball. This The team has managed this record with two starters playing like crap for most of the year (yes JRich did get hot for a bit), the back up PG playing worse that crap, and the backup PF just now starting to play good. The combo of Anderson Howard and Nelson with any improvement from the other two starters would be hugh this year. I still think Duhon is a lost cause but who knows.