Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Yeah, and don't get me wrong. I am not judging anyone. Jameer is one of the coolest guys you will meet on the Magic roster.

I am glad he is back here, but I am not sure if he will be our starter by 2013.

this

My opinion, we deal with Houston. We hired a draft guy for gm. Houston just acquired a high draft pick. I think they'll land Lin and try to convince Dwight that him and Lin could surpass Yao's fame before retirement. The reason why we haven't done the Laker trade is because LA won't take back any of our contracts. This is why Nj is still" plugging away". Doubt they can find a 3rd team to take their crap. Imo Rob will pull the trigger with Houston once Lin is on board in Houston or if Nj finds a 3rd team. Whatever comes first.

^Agree. this deal allows us to acquire some young talent (maybe two or three of Lamb/White/Jones/Parsons) along with Martin, dump a contract to give us some cap flexibility, and pick up an additional lottery pick and maybe another 1st rounder from Houston. Then with cap space go after Ibaka/Harden next summer. I like it, much better than the Nets deal IMO.

Yeah I saw that but I don't have the details. I read that there's a catch to that pick being protected. I could be wrong.

I read the exact opposite about 5 pages back. Early reports said it was lottery protected, but apparently it's not.

Josh Robbins:

Former #Magic swingman Von Wafer has agreed to join China's Xinjiang Guanghul Flying Tigers. He can return NBA in Feb or March

Was this the big news?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I read the exact opposite about 5 pages back. Early reports said it was, but apparently it's not.

Its going to have protections on it where its only transferred if its a lotto pick. I.e. 2013 lotto pick; if that pick is not in the lotto it becomes a 2014 lotto pick; if that pick is not in the lotto it becomes a 2015 lotto pick...

Its going to have protections on it where its only transferred if its a lotto pick. I.e. 2013 lotto pick; if that pick is not in the lotto it becomes a 2014 lotto pick; if that pick is not in the lotto it becomes a 2015 lotto pick...

that's the opposite... that's a good asset for Houston then

So it's the opposite of lottery protected, or lottery protected in Houston's favor. Since its coming from Toronto, I'd expect Houston will be able to cash it in next year

ok, so then what if it's not in the lotto in 2015?