Babir_9

2012 Offseason

WHy the ***** did he opt in if he asked for a trade literally a few weeks later like is he an idiot? He could be in Brooklyn right now being courted and offered a max deal but he isn't and is taking it out on the Magic and the fans. I'm so *****ing done with him and I really don't care where we trade him as long as he is gone and it's not the Nets.

This.

I don't get why he would opt in if he still wanted out, and why we'd fire Stan Van Gundy if Dwight was just going to continue advocating for his trade.

Personally, I am in favor of keeping Dwight Howard this last year, and just letting him walk.

With Dwight, we have an outside shot at a deep playoff run. Without Dwight, we don't. And when rebuilding, there's no guarantee that we're gonna get that window again. I'd say take one last shot at it, and let him walk, and then use the cap space to rebuild, instead of bringing in a bunch of guys who won't give equal value to what we're losing.

You're the only one who was caught off guard by this(not the blackmail thing specifically, just Dwight's true nature). It's been blatantly obvious that Dwight's been using you for months. I've lurked for years and I could tell right away Dwight was playing you by getting you to pump his innocent image to the fans. He's a jerk and I really don't want to hear your excuses for him anymore. I know you're a Magic fan like the rest of us, but you've let Dwight cloud your judgement.

you're ridiculous......

We are a SMALL percentage of fans in the grand scheme of things and it's pretty weak for you guys to insult YBR's intelligence when all he does is share what he's told, stop giving the guy a hard time.

he's not telling any of us how to act or feel towards dwight, he's not propagandizing him in any sort of way, YBR has stuck his neck out and deserves a little more respect than some of you douchers are giving

• Upvote 3

We don't have anymore time for Dwight "to figure out what he's going to do". He has been holding us hostage for too damn long and it needs to end. Either sign the extension or go.

• Upvote 1

It's T-Mac all over again.

But at least T-Mac was honest and flat out said "I want out, and I want to play in Houston".

And he waited until the end of the year to do it, from what I remember.

But all this past season, Dwight has been talking - on GAME night - how he'd enjoy playing for the team that Orlando was set to face...

Then he turns around and talks about how he loves Orlando, and respects the city, fans, and organization. Like I said, it's T-Mac all over again, saying that he wants out and wants to play in Houston with Yao, then after he gets traded saying he never wanted to leave Orlando and the Magic should have done more to keep him.

Despite what I just said about wanting Dwight to just play out his last year, at the same time, I just want this over with. Whether he signs an extension, or whether he goes off somewhere else, I just want this over with.

I been thinking very hard about this. I would say just let Dwight play all year with Magic and let him walk at the end of this upcoming season. I say that because if we do trade him we would most likely get 2-4 year contracts that are about 6 mil each on average. Taking on longer and larger contracts will result in us not having cap space in 2013. If you let Dwight walk thats 19.5 million off the books. We then resign Anderson this year for say 6 million. In 2013 we will only have Anderson, BBD, and Jason Richardson under contract... thats 12.6 million. Turk, Duhon, all have non guaranteed contracts. If we let them walk and Quentin takes his player option of 2.8 mil that means Orlando Magic will only have 20 million in salary. The salary cap will be at 60 million next year. Thats 40 million dollars we can spend on Free Agency. 40 million is enough for Ellis, Josh Smith, AND Iggy. Ellis would get 12 mil, Josh Smith, 13 mil and Iggy 14. Thats 39 million right there.

No way, I don't think many fans are left that can swallow cheering for him, he's got to go. i'd deactivate him if it was possible. he has dragged our entire organization thru an ordeal that will take several years to recover from

I wouldn't go so far as to compare what D12 is doing to what T-Mac did. In my opinion, Dwight has taken it to a whole different universe.

T-Mac had no supporting cast, I could understand his frustration. And as frustrated as he may have been, he never pulled anything close to what Dwight has been doing for the last year and a half.

And I wish he'd stop calling Orlando his city.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

People need to stop saying let him play the year out.

Not because I disagree in letting him walk at the end of the year (I'm actually pro-letting him walk), but because allowing him to play destroys another draft pick. We'd be set back another year in what is sure to be a long rebuild. Noels (another center who will leave us in 7 years) and Shabazz both look really good.

I wouldn't go so far as to compare what D12 is doing to what T-Mac did. In my opinion, Dwight has taken it to a whole different universe.

T-Mac had no supporting cast, I could understand his frustration. And as frustrated as he may have been, he never pulled anything close to what Dwight has been doing for the last year and a half.

And I wish he'd stop calling Orlando his city.

What Dwight is doing is definitely worse than what T-Mac did, but that doesn't change the fact that T-Mac was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful during his departure.

People need to stop saying let him play the year out.

Not because I disagree in letting him walk at the end of the year (I'm actually pro-letting him walk), but because allowing him to play destroys another draft pick. We'd be set back another year in what is sure to be a long rebuild. Noels (another center who will leave us in 7 years) and Shabazz both look really good.

maybe his back won't be ready for the start of the season. he comes back late, we suck. forces the nets to do somehting to have a team to start the season for deron and blow their cap. we make some trade at the deadline to non-nets for all exprirings and any picks we can muster or maybe dumping hedo/duhon/etc. continue to suck the remainder of the season. get our own good picks, and all expirings come off books same as dwight would have. ruin dwights season too. and force him to sign with nets as free agent for less money/years.

changing my name from stu to stew.