Babir_9

2012 Offseason

@RicBucher says Dwight wants to be a Net b/c he wants more say in decisions for the franchise. Lakers won't give him that power. #DUMB

Yeah because he is an idiot. The Nets realized this and moved on.

watched the '08 Dunk Contest on NBATV earlier...man was that upsetting. I miss the old Dwight so much. when I step back and really take a look at the last 7 months and what's gone down I really can't believe it. Think if any of us were told a couple of years ago that one day Dwight would be pulling this stuff...we'd never believe it.

I miss our young star and up and coming team that had so much potential. what a mess it's become.

@RicBucher says Dwight wants to be a Net b/c he wants more say in decisions for the franchise. Lakers won't give him that power. #DUMB

was the "#DUMB" added by you or @RicBucher ?

I think you may have misread Acres post, or replied to the wrong post? It was also too long and just plain boring. -2

He seemed to imply that players are not important -- that he would cheer for anyone wearing that jersey. My point is if you can't get players to commit to you long term, that jersey is not going to see much success.

And you have a short attention span. Sorry I didn't include any pictures.

I think you guys aren't taking Atlanta seriously enough. I think if Josh and CP3 were there, he would go there. Why would he hate the city of Atlanta? I know he said that in the past, but I don't know why. Maybe it's because Atlanta didn't make a deal to draft him.

Think of that storyline.....Dwight, struggling after a season when he got beat up nationwide, goes home, teams up with another hometown hero and triumphantly leads the Hawks out of obscurity and to their first championship. Adored by the hometown crowd. Filling usually empty Philips Arena.

Boy Wonder (and Otis, for that matter) is getting his a** kicked by Danny Ferry right now. The guy's been on the job about the same amount of time, and he's already traded a guy who makes as much in one year as the remaining multiyear contracts (individually) on the Magic roster who people say are untradable. And he might steal the star player who has made diffiicult on his new team (Howard).

And what have the Orlando Magic ever done to the Utah Jazz, by the way? Last year they trade Deron Williams to the Nets, setting up the past year of misery. This summer, they absorb the contract of Marvin Williams, making a Super 3 (including Dwight) in Atlanta possible.

That would be fun. Lebron James would be kicking the Magic's butts from Miami, and Dwight would be kicking them from Atlanta.

I think you guys aren't taking Atlanta seriously enough. I think if Josh and CP3 were there, he would go there. Why would he hate the city of Atlanta? I know he said that in the past, but I don't know why. Maybe it's because Atlanta didn't make a deal to draft him.

Think of that storyline.....Dwight, struggling after a season when he got beat up nationwide, goes home, teams up with another hometown hero and triumphantly leads the Hawks out of obscurity and to their first championship. Adored by the hometown crowd. Filling usually empty Philips Arena.

Boy Wonder (and Otis, for that matter) is getting his a** kicked by Danny Ferry right now. The guy's been on the job about the same amount of time, and he's already traded a guy who makes as much in one year as the remaining multiyear contracts (individually) on the Magic roster who people say are untradable. And he might steal the star player who has made diffiicult on his new team (Howard).

And what have the Orlando Magic ever done to the Utah Jazz, by the way? Last year they trade Deron Williams to the Nets, setting up the past year of misery. This summer, they absorb the contract of Marvin Williams, making a Super 3 (including Dwight) in Atlanta possible.

That would be fun. Lebron James would be kicking the Magic's butts from Miami, and Dwight would be kicking them from Atlanta.

"All those fairy tales are full of sh*t, one more f****** love song dumb post I'll be sick.." -Maroon 5 'Payphone'

I am really f'ed up but that's the only reason I am being as honest as I am now. I miss the hell out of Dwight. He is my favorite player of all time and he did great things for this franchise. I am sick of all the hate being thrown around. A decision will be made in the best interest of our franchise by Hennigan and we will move on and continue to support our franchise. Which by the way has been pretty successful for the market it in is and continued to build competitive teams. It could be A LOT worse. Lets be honest with ourselves and get over what has happened. I am pretty sure Dwight does not read this forum but I just want to put it out there. THANK YOU DWIGHT for 8 really great years on and off the court.

The Golden State Warriors have pulled themselves out of negotiations for Dwight Howard, team owner Joe Lacob told NBA.com on Monday.

An earlier report said the Warriors were willing to trade for Howard even though the star center said he would sign a contract extension only with one team, understood to be the Brooklyn Nets.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-07-02/dwight-howard-trade-warriors-orlando-magic-la-lakers-brooklyn-nets

I don't believe Vescey as nobody else is reporting it but I would be seriously worried if Rob did call the Nets after the JJ trade. We are running out of trade options very quickly but it doesn't mean he needs to bite on Brooklyn's scrubs. I would rather D12 walked and we used the cap space than taking any trade just to get something in return.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe Vescey as nobody else is reporting it but I would be seriously worried if Rob did call the Nets after the JJ trade. We are running out of trade options very quickly but it doesn't mean he needs to bite on Brooklyn's scrubs. I would rather D12 walked and we used the cap space than taking any trade just to get something in return.

to me the worst case scenario is trading dwight for brooklyns trash.

If he doesn't want to play for us that's cool....I would look into suspending him for the year, without pay for conduct detrimental to the team, then if he tries to take it to an arbitrator or the union, the magic can simply say we gave him several options, he didn't want to play for us, he didn't want to play where we had arranged trades, he tried to smear us in the media via his "camp"....Dwight will lose that case.

Nothing about Hennigans character suggests desperation, what pisses me off is Howard apparently asked to be traded AGAIN in April or early May after just giving us all that loyalty bull****.....i really do not want to see him wear our jersey again

• Upvote 1