Babir_9

2012 Offseason

This.

I don't get why he would opt in if he still wanted out,

Totally agree with this. This shows how either how clueless Dwight is about his life or how bad his entourage is for him. Either way he committing career suicide right now. He said that he told the FO that he still wanted to be traded AFTER he waived the ETO. Why in gods name would you do that?? I smell a moron!!!

AHHAH NBA 2k12 is hilarious. I simulated to the 2012-2013 season and magic lost in the 1st round of playoffs . I Kept Dwight to let his contract off the books. Redicks contract also went off the books. I also waived Duhon because it was non guaranteed. I didnt have to waive Turkoglu because he retired. LOL HHAAHAH. NO joke. I had over 39 million for free agency. In the 2013 offseason I signed Ellis for 10 million, Josh smith for 11 million, Iggy for 9 million, and 8 million for Ibaka. LOL my starting lineup was lowry/ellis/Iggy/Smith/Ibaka. I simulated the 2013 season and im right now number 1 seed facing Brooklyn Nets in eastern conference finals in game 7..guess what their starting lineup is...NO JOKE... Williams/Joe Johnson/Gerald Wallace, Lopez/D. Howard

I guess that could be NJ's starting line-up in 2013, if Dwight signs for the MLE next off-season. If we do trade him to BK, we need to at least wait long enough for Deron Williams to sign with Dallas first. I don't want this guy to be in a position to win a championship anytime soon. Not that winning championships has anything to do with Dwight's agenda.

Disappointing...... Every bit of it.

Since Dwight has confirmed the rumors and sources, im going to gently put down my thoughts on all of this whole.

"Light Bulb, Combat Rock, Special One"

Yes Dwight, your knowledge of life and how you imagine you should be dealt with on a super star level has reached a new "Lebron Low". Actually Dwight you make Lebron look like Jesus, atleast Lebron had the ballz to come out and state his stance one time, who cares if it was on national TV.... Lebron stuck with his choice and voiced his opinion. I still dont like Lebron because he shafted a city.... like Shaq shafting Orlando..... like what Dwight is doing right now.

Speaking of right now, I hope LA is being good to you there Dwight.... maybe you should remotely sell your house located in the city your defecating on through the media. Its cool though because im not actually that mad right now to be totally honest. No, im pretty cool with this idea..... Yea it sucks because I have paid a little bit of your paycheck by buying your named gear, which will have to be refurbished into Hamster bedding.... or picking up dog poo.... either way I can say that Dwight Howard is definitely the $hit after.

Im not mad because I had Shaq, I had T Mac, I had Grant Hill, to go through to not really put a whole lot of caring depth into this as a whole. What was a trend is now a norm, I get that. I mean its not like we are losing Kobe or Jordan or Wade or Lebron or Bird, etc.... These guys actually command during the game and win. All You had to do Dwight was to hit some free throws and you could of been one of those champions. But Dwight cant hit free throws, and if he doesnt like your team.... then your lucky if Dwight even hits the rim.

Im done with Dwight and have been this past year, since the first mind numbing words fell out of his mouth. You can go Dwight, please go Dwight. There is a wonderful rap song by the famous white rapper (Em) called "We Made You". I feel this song fits perfectly for Orlando, because "We Made You" Dwight. Without getting the chance to shine on the big stage, your nothing more than a half skilled 6"10 Center.

Good Bye Dwight Howard aka Jelly Fish (No Spine). Your the 10% the USMC preaches about getting people killed, because you only think of yourself.

Say whats up to Karma for me.

• Upvote 2

I like what Golden State has to offer but I want no part of Bogut's, Lee's or Biedrin's contract. Unless they can get a third team to take one of them, I don't see it happening.

Is there any way we could get Steph Curry as part of a Dwight-to-GS trade? RealGM reported that they're in no rush to sign an extension with him because of his ankle.

My linkhttp://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221948/Warriors_Unlikely_To_Sign_Curry_To_Extension

The Magic built their team through the draft the first time. It was a brand new team, and fans were just excited to have a team. They had no expectations. They sold out the building every night and they were much louder than they are now. Starting in about their fifth season, they got to be a playoff team. The Magic had picks in the top 10 for each of their first 4 seasons, mostly in the top 5.

Of course, back then you had the Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics and Blazers going at it plus players stayed with their teams. If free agency was as huge back then as it is now, the Magic probably could have gotten players back then. Those top 10 picks got us to be contenders and they were not always #1's.

Not sure the second time you mean they built through the draft unless you mean the one year they got Dwight and Jameer.

Dwight, Jameer, JJ, Lee, and Gortat. It was more than one year.

They were fortunate that one of the best big men in history was available that year and they were able to get someone to draft and trade a good point guard for them in the same year. They went through three bad losing seasons then -- TMac's last season and the first two while Dwight and Jameer were establishing themselves.

Any time any team drafts a superstar, they are fortunate. Denver was fortunate to get Melo when the Pistons drafted Darko. The Bulls were fortunate that the Blazers drafted Sam Bowie which got the Bulls MJ. You have to give more credit to the Magic for being "fortunate" in drafting Dwight because the rest of the country thought Weisbrod was a moron for not picking what everyone thought to be the next Tim Duncan in Emeka Okafor. When you got a top pick it does not always pan out. MJ will concur.

We can be hopeful, but we are not sure yet what kind of management team the Magic have. They have made two draft picks who we haven't seen play yet. There isn't even a coach yet.

Hennigan has definitely moved in the right direction by surrounding himself with quality assistant GM's. The Bulls and Pistons have drafted well. Pistons mistake was signing Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. That's on Joe Dumars.

They got them to come (well, except for Duncan), but they didn't stay past that contract they signed. Horace and Rashard got traded so you can't say what would have happened there. Grant left when he became a free agent. Tracy demanded a trade after a few seasons of struggling. Rashard was looking for a home and the Magic did offer him a fortune and the chance to play with Dwight.

T'Mac had carried the team for years and Weisbrod came in with a CEO ego and immediately clashed with T'Mac. You can't blame T'Mac for not wanting to put up with an 18year old rookie. How was he suppose to know that Dwight would end up being great? All of the centers that came before him straight out of HS were all pretty much busts (Kwame, Curry, Chandler). Horace got traded because Gabriel was prepping the team for FA. Rashard got traded to make room for Anderson. Otis showed no interest in keeping Grant Hill by telling him that he can go or stay, "its up to you." We beat out the Pistons and Bulls and got T'Mac and Hill. We beat out the Rockets to get Rashard.

But when Shaq was eligible to be a free agent, he left. When Penny was eligible to be a free agent (after his first long deal), he left. Dwight did say one extension so he made it longer than everyone except for Nick and Darrell. Dwight was a restricted free agent at the time. Jameer re-signed, too. He wants to re-sign again. Hopefully, he does.

I'm not sure how long you have been following the Magic, back in 1992 when the Magic drafted Shaq, Shaq said his dream was to play for the Lakers. He was even considering sitting out a year to either become a FA or re-enter the draft. I forgot what the rule was. Shaq said it from the get go. Penny's antics became tiring to the magic just like Howard's are now. The guy was injured and said that he could not play but then turned around and played in an all-star game because "the fans want me to." We Magic fans wanted Penny to play for us. The Magic were happy to see him go.

Texas has good weather year round and no state taxes, too.

Please, If I have to choose between living in Texas and Florida, I'm choosing Florida. Most people would choose Florida. Sam Houston would choose Florida.

If you want to rebuild through the draft, you're going to have to suck for 3 to 4 years.

It will take that long if the GM sucks, just like Seattle, they got rid of their GM and replaced him with Presti who turned it around.

That's what a lot of people are advocating -- be like Oklahoma City.

OKC be like the Magic.

Well, it took them a few years of being really bad. And then it would be easy to get tickets again. Easier than ever because this is a bigger building. I don't want Kevin Martin either. I'm not convinced that Bynum would work trying to stop Lebron and Wade myself, but you'd get a year to test him.

Bynum is guaranteed to get you into the playoffs. We will lose out on a high pick, then if the Magic don't like him either, he walks and we start rebuilding next year. Why wait? I wanted Howard traded in December so that we could have a high pick this year. What I feared happened and that was the Magic having a good enough record to make the playoffs, then getting destroyed in the 1st round because w/o Howard they really didn't belong.

And if you don't like what you've got or he doesn't like being here, you can let him walk instead of Dwight and get cap space, too. Their contracts are up at the same time. Maybe you get a better deal for him than you can get for Dwight right now. Or if it works, you can re-sign him. Either way, it might shorten the pain.

I would rather "roll the dice" with Howard this year than Bynum. Next summer Howards choices in FA will be teams that he does not want to go to. The FA crop in 2014 is the next huge summer, another "Summer of Lebron".

I'm calling Howard's bluff. Keep him and let him explore FA in 2013.

Disappointing...... Every bit of it.

Since Dwight has confirmed the rumors and sources, im going to gently put down my thoughts on all of this whole.

"Light Bulb, Combat Rock, Special One"

Yes Dwight, your knowledge of life on how you imagine you should be dealt with on a super star level has reached a new "Lebron Low". Actually Dwight you make Lebron look like Jesus, atleast Lebron had the ballz to come out and state his stance one time, who cares if it was on national TV.... Lebron stuck with his choice and voiced his opinion. I still dont like Lebron because he shafted a city.... like Shaq shafting Orlando..... like what Dwight is doing right now.

Speaking of right now, I hope LA is being good to you there Dwight.... maybe you should remotely sell your house located in the city your defecating on through the media. Its cool though because im not actually that mad right now to be totally honest. No, im pretty cool with this idea..... Yea it sucks because I have paid a little bit of your paycheck by buying your named gear, which will have to be refurbished into Hamster bedding.... or picking up dog poo.... either way I can say that Dwight Howard is definitely the $hit after.

Im not mad because I had Shaq, I had T Mac, I had Grant Hill, to go through to not really put a whole lot of caring depth into this as a whole. What was a trend is now a norm, I get that. I mean its not like we are losing Kobe or Jordan or Wade or Lebron or Bird, etc.... These guys actually command during the game and win. All You had to do Dwight was to hit some free throws and you could of been one of those champions. But Dwight cant hit free throws, and if he doesnt like your team.... then your lucky if Dwight even hits the rim.

Im done with Dwight and have been this past year, since the first mind numbing words fell out of his mouth. You can go Dwight, please go Dwight. There is a wonderful rap song by the famous white rapper (Em) called "We Made You". I feel this song fits perfectly for Orlando, because "We Made You" Dwight. Without getting the chance to shine on the big stage, your nothing more than a half skilled 6"10 Center.

Good Bye Dwight Howard aka Jelly Fish (No Spine). Your the 10% the USMC preaches about getting people killed, because you only think of yourself.

Say whats up to Karma for me.

now that's whats up :creaturedance: R E B U I L D

Why does Dwight think he can dictate to the organization what team he is going to? He doesn't have a no trade clause and There are teams that will take him as a rental. There is no way in hell we take nets awful package of players for him right? I say we trade him to rockets or warriors now. Get Curry if we trade him to warriors and get parsons and lowry if he goes to rockets.

Why does Dwight think he can dictate to the organization what team he is going to? He doesn't have a no trade clause and There are teams that will take him as a rental. There is no way in hell we take nets awful package of players for him right? I say we trade him to rockets or warriors now. Get Curry if we trade him to warriors and get parsons and lowry if he goes to rockets.

Because of Grant Hill, I have an Ankle Injury Phobia against players (technically its injuries period).... can we stay away from Curry?