Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I didn't say we're getting Josh Smith. And if I did it was a confident prediction, not a "hes already signed a contract". I said we're going after him hard (been saying it) and Denton confirmed last night. If we keep D12, I think Smith ends up here. Their bond is closer than Dwight's with Williams.

And regardless of all this crap, I think Deron goes to Dallas. The Nets are a god awful organization and if he sticks around it shows all he cares about is $$$.

I worded that wrongly, I just meant that we are going to attempt to get him. I just cant think of a logic deal that we could get him with our pieces. I guess maybe it would take a 3-4 team trade. Henny HAS to have a plan b/c we obviously also need some sort of player who can create his own shot. There is no way we go into the season without one again. I also think we should hire Shaw before we meet with Dwight face to face. I just really think he is the sort of coach who can get through to Dwight.

i'm pretty sure deron mainly cares about money so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays. he was like the first guy that took off to play overseas when the lockout happened and i was a little shocked since he ended the season with injuries I thought he would have just chilled and got healthy...

Who as a feeling that we're going to bring in O.J. Mayo to play PG regardless of what Jameer does? If so I bet Duhon will get amnestied

Trolling? Cause our amnesty was used on Arenas.

I don't see us doing much with the MLE, Otis overused it and it added too much salary.

Otis used it wisely when he got guys like Barnes and Pietrus and some of those guys. They were great role players that fit perfectly. It was the QRICH/Duhon off-season that he really ruined it.

Otis used it wisely when he got guys like Barnes and Pietrus and some of those guys. They were great role players that fit perfectly. It was the QRICH/Duhon off-season that he really ruined it.

Agreed. But I'm not sure Hennigan will want to add that much salary. Which may explain the Nicholson pick, that way we don't HAVE to pay too much for Ryan.

Agreed. But I'm not sure Hennigan will want to add that much salary. Which may explain the Nicholson pick, that way we don't HAVE to pay too much for Ryan.

I'm fine with adding salary as long as it's 1 year deals like what Barnes got. Or option years. No long-term commitments because even if Howard walks (menaing not trying to add star 2) you want to really be able to rebuild, not be like the Pistons.