Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Out of curiosity will the Magic war room be televised tomorrow night? It should be interesting to see what a real staff does during this time. Last two times I tuned in and our phones were never used (not even once) and all that happened was Otis Smith sucked on a Zephyr Hills bottle for 3 hours in the corner. Maybe that explains our draft history.

I sure hope so, atleast tomorrow night will be a treat to watch our new GM do whatever he is going to do. Whether it be trade the picks, acquire another, draft a prospect, etc.

I'll post this here and sort of my be all/final thought on the whole Dwight situation like I did on RealGM in terms of answering "Do we want to keep him or don't we?"

I think everybody in their right mind acknowledges the player he is and what he brings to our city.

I think anybody with a sane mind also realizes by his actions last year, not including the LAST MINUTE OPT IN THE NIGHT OF THE TRADE DEADLINE, that he doesn't want to be here.

If he signs an extension tomorrow, I'd cheer for him like I always have and say you know what big fella? You had a momentarily lapse of judgement and maturity.

If he doesn't, and goes through the motions and we do the same dog and pony act next year, then I laugh and say I told you so because I'm that type of person when it comes to trivial things like basketball no matter how passionate or in love with it I am.

In other words, if he wants to stay, sign the paper and be done with it. If he doesn't, then see ya later and let the either painful or exciting process of rebuilding begin.

You can't sit here though and tell me after report after report after report last year of him wanting out that all we need is "a sign of good faith" or a sentence of "Yeah, I love Orlando" to consider concrete. No. Just no.

• Upvote 2

You can't go by that. Draft classes are different each year.

If Houston could acquire the same picks as Orlando had 5, 10 and 13 in this years draft we would still get hosed. I looked back over the last 10 years of drafts and looked at those spots each year. The best you could have done was to secure Wade one year at 5, Bynum one year at 10 or Kevin Love. There would be some other filler that year but no way do any of those guys equal what Dwight is as a franchise builder. Keep Dwight happy and build the future as quickly and smartly as you can in the next two years.

Rumors are Dwight requested a couple players for Rob to try getting tomorrow before he thinks about requesting a trade. I just heard Ellis. This true YBR?

Rumors are Dwight requested a couple players for Rob to try getting tomorrow before he thinks about requesting a trade. I just heard Ellis. This true YBR?

Milwaukee is trying to talk Monta into an extension so I doubt he's a realistic option.

Of course losing a max contract would allow us to eventually sign another max deal which would give us some flexibility....I better watch it or I might have to consider Dwight for Anthony Davis and freeing up cap space. That would be too much like another proposal I floated a few years ago. Never mind.

Just by chance did he request Chris Duhon and Daniel Orton. If he did tell him we already have them.

YBR

All I know is that something positive had to of come out of the convo between Rob and Dwight.

will you **** and get out of here. everyone of your fucking posts is asking ybr some stupid shit. if everyone of your posts starts with "YBR", send him a fucking private message. GTFO, go back to lurking here and discussing whatever YBR says on realgm.

• Upvote 4

Topher Williams ‏@TopherWillNBA

Dwight requested a couple players for ‪#Magic‬ GM to try getting tomorrow before he thinks about requesting a trade. I just heard Ellis.

Literally just what Enolam said. So either Topher is Enolam or Topher steals all his ****.