Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I already made that joke.

I was too young too remember if Hill was cheap or not. Id think he wasnt. With that said everybody wants to be like you Thompson. :creaturedance:

I don't want to rehash the whole Houston trade debate, but Dalembert/Martin are both two huge expiring contracts. So, if you can get two top-8 picks plus about 18 million dollars expiring, we could potentially be looking at a big free agent signing next year with two young prospects. Not to mention that our pick next year would be pretty good since our team would be mediocre. In other words, by the end of next summer, Dwight could be parlayed into 3 top-10 picks and a top free agent in a good crop of 2013. Not ideal, but not outrageous either.

NBA pundits say the 2013 free agent class stinks.

"Amid a report that stated the Houston Rockets are hoping to amass enough trade assets to make a deal with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard–even though Howard would only be in Houston for one season before becoming an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013 — a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere."

"The Rockets have made it clear that they are willing to take Howard with no assurances that he’d remain after next season."

"One league source said the Rockets hoped to make deals for the additional Draft picks using existing players, so they would have as many as four first-rounders they could put in a package to Orlando for Howard. One potential deal, according to a league source, would send Martin to Minnesota–presumably for the Wolves’ 18th pick in the first round–where Martin would play for former Rockets coach Rick Adelman"

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/25/not-a-chance-dwight-howard-stays-in-houston-if-traded-there/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Would you guys take on Joe Johnson's deal to get smith? And do you think if we were to keep Anderson, he could play the 3?

PG

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Ryan Anderson

Dwight

Sign Nash in FA, trade Meer, JJ, Turk, Duhon and picks for joe and josh. Even though he has a ****ty contract, he's decent defensively, has good length, and is a good scorer. I think I might take the risk and Ferry would do it so he could start a rebuild.

You do realize that Johnson, Smith, and Dwight -- just those three -- would get paid $53 million in the upcoming season, right?