Babir_9

2012 Offseason

NO NO NO NO NO.

If these players were worth Dwight, Houston wouldn't have been a damn lottery team!

I thought the same thing after I postd. I was like wtf we now are the Orlando Rockets. I do think we need to use Houston's willing to rent as leverage on Dwight that we will send his ass anywhere if he doesnt extend.

Has Dwight asked to be traded since the ETO signing

Someone on here made a good point earlier... NJ doesnt have the luxary of waiting on Dwight to walk next summer because they could lose D. Will this summer. I think we wait this out till late summer. Only way we trade with NJ is if they land #1 pick overall.

No

I believe he wants to be here but wants changes. If he truly wanted to leave he wouldnt have signed the ETO papers. Him being silent and letting Alex build a strong FO is exactly what he should be doing.

I believe he wants to be here but wants changes. If he truly wanted to leave he wouldnt have signed the ETO papers. Him being silent and letting Alex build a strong FO is exactly what he should be doing.

Wish he would of done that from the begining. We all grow as people though so lets hope we resign him and he grows as a man.

• Upvote 1

On the other hand, maybe Magic threatening to trade him to Lakers hours before deadline made him waive the ETO so that the Nets could have more time to make a trade, therefore getting him in Brooklyn where he wants to be and with the full 5 year extension at full$$$. That is $ he wouldnt have if signs as a free agent.

Point is none of know what he is thinking, I too believe he is really split and does want to stay but only time will tell.

I will say that I like the approach Martins is taking, sign the extension or your going to the highest bidder! Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!

On the other hand, maybe Magic threatening to trade him to Lakers hours before deadline made him waive the ETO so that the Nets could have more time to make a trade, therefore getting him in Brooklyn where he wants to be and with the full 5 year extension at full$$$. That is $ he wouldnt have if signs as a free agent.

Point is none of know what he is thinking, I too believe he is really split and does want to stay but only time will tell.

I will say that I like the approach Martins is taking, sign the extension or your going to the highest bidder! Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!

I agree with Martins' stand

After watching him all year he looks over the hill. I doubt we could move him for much more than another teams garbage. He looked the same last year so other than if Otis becomes gm somewhere else I doubt he is easily movable. If he is movable then move him and clean this roster up.

Hmmmm....but when J Rich got here, he was averaging 17 ppg and coming off a 19 ppg season. I've almost never seen a guy's numbers drop so drastically. I don't think he's anywhere near as done as he has looked the past couple seasons here. If the purpose is just to get rid of him, I don't think he's untradeable. It will be interesting to see what a new coach/GM has to say.

Regarding all the talk about Phil Jackson coming here...I don't see it. Interesting way to get his name in the conversation for other teams, though (maybe even back with the Lakers again). The only reason he might do it....go head to head against Riley in Miami.

Regarding Doc, I never wanted to see the Magic fire him. I blame that on Weisbrod. I think they would have looked to try to sign him this summer, but he's got four more years on his contract after this year after signing a five-year extension last year. Even if he wants to go (and I'm not convinced he does), I don't know if the Celtics would let him. I don't know if he wants a front office job other than head coach. Doc seems to like coaching.

Hmmmm....but when J Rich got here, he was averaging 17 ppg and coming off a 19 ppg season. I've almost never seen a guy's numbers drop so drastically. I don't think he's anywhere near as done as he has looked the past couple seasons here. If the purpose is just to get rid of him, I don't think he's untradeable. It will be interesting to see what a new coach/GM has to say.

And we havent even discussed his rebounding and defense. No way he should have been resigned either!