Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

Assuming every other aspect of the team was roughly average?

They'd win maybe 4 games.

I'm more interested in wither or not it would help his development as a player. I personally believe that the Broncos have killed Tebow by not just letting the guy go out and make mistakes and be a playmaker, where as the Panthers have done a masterful job in letting Newton make his mistakes and grow into the role.

I'm more interested in wither or not it would help his development as a player. I personally believe that the Broncos have killed Tebow by not just letting the guy go out and make mistakes and be a playmaker, where as the Panthers have done a masterful job in letting Newton make his mistakes and grow into the role.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Newton is a running quarterback with a great arm.

Tebow is a fullback pretending he's a quarterback.

• Upvote 1

I give Tebow a little more credit than that. If his footwork wasn't all over the place, I'd wager his accuracy would be better. I think he can at least be a middle of the road QB in the NFL if a coaching staff is actually interested in that as opposed to the packaged stuff.

I mean, Kyle Orton has been a QB in the NFL for 7 years now, and he's the epitome of average.

I give Tebow a little more credit than that. If his footwork wasn't all over the place, I'd wager his accuracy would be better. I think he can at least be a middle of the road QB in the NFL if a coaching staff is actually interested in that as opposed to the packaged stuff.

I mean, Kyle Orton has been a QB in the NFL for 7 years now, and he's the epitome of average.

Tebow's mechanics are a huge part of his problem, as well. He's a great athlete, but he has a wind up like Byron Leftwich. When 90% of the passing game is timing, having a long delivery only makes things difficult. Not saying it's impossible to be successful with such a drawn out release, but it takes a great deal of effort by both the quarterback, coaches, and even the receivers a little to adjust. Then again, I suppose footwork plays into mechanics a bit, too.

I don't know if the earlier rumors about Curtis Lofton wanting 9m a year were true, but if they were, I have to believe that the contract Stephen Tulloch signed earlier this week is going to blow those hopes out of the water, since Tulloch is better than Lofton is, and Tulloch got 5 years, 25.5m with 40% guaranteed.

Also: it's hard to believe that with all the money they've already spent, Tampa still has something like 18m in CAP space.

I'm still suprised Curtis Lofton is available. He must have really overvalued himself. I'd still like him in Tampa for the right price, but I get the feeling the Bucs have moved on.

I don't know if the earlier rumors about Curtis Lofton wanting 9m a year were true, but if they were, I have to believe that the contract Stephen Tulloch signed earlier this week is going to blow those hopes out of the water, since Tulloch is better than Lofton is, and Tulloch got 5 years, 25.5m with 40% guaranteed.

Also: it's hard to believe that with all the money they've already spent, Tampa still has something like 18m in CAP space.

Just goes to show you how notoriously cheap the Glazers have been for the last 3 years. I'm still not sure wither or not I want them to use that remaining cap space, or to hang onto it if some of our younger guys get back up to expected play, like Freeman and Williams.

Just goes to show you how notoriously cheap the Glazers have been for the last 3 years. I'm still not sure wither or not I want them to use that remaining cap space, or to hang onto it if some of our younger guys get back up to expected play, like Freeman and Williams.

I may be in the minority, but I seriously believe the lack of spending was a Dominik call and not the Glazers. The Glazers showed no signs of being cheap before then, I just think Dominik took his whole build through the draft thing a little too seriously.

Plus, people forget that the Bucs nearly signed Albert Haynesworth to a monster contract instead of the Redskins a few years back. Thankfully, we dodged that bullet but it kind of shoots down the whole cheap thing. It just annoys me when people compare the Glazers to Culverhouse. I don't think those people seriously realize how incredibly cheap Culverhouse really was. He let arguably the best QB in Bucs history walk over $200,000.