Sign in to follow this  
davcivic

First move of the offseason,Wolves, Rockets complete trade

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apbhm.8mCa38PlPyf...de&prov=ap&type=lgns

quote:
Finally, Howard is in the Twin Cities. In the first of what could be several moves to shake up its roster, Minnesota shipped disgruntled point guard Mike James and swingman Justin Reed to the Rockets for Howard, and the 34-year-old veteran can't wait to get here to help Kevin Garnett.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apbhm.8mCa38PlPyf...de&prov=ap&type=lgns

quote:
Finally, Howard is in the Twin Cities. In the first of what could be several moves to shake up its roster, Minnesota shipped disgruntled point guard Mike James and swingman Justin Reed to the Rockets for Howard, and the 34-year-old veteran can't wait to get here to help Kevin Garnett.

Uhh, wasn't Mike James just there (Houston)? And as I recall, Mike James wasn't too effective there and only seemed to be jacking up shots away from T-Mac. He plays fine offense, but uh, when you have T-Mac on your team...

They're better off w/ Rafer. And as they still need that certain person to create plays for them to take that responsibility off of T-Mac, this is not going to solve a ****ed thing. I'm don't know a thing about that Justin Reed, but I'm thinking it's a safe assumption that he won't fill that need either.

If this is the apex of the Houston revamp vision, then expect to see T-Mac booted out of the first round again (maybe 2nd hopefully?).

This to me seems to be a one-sided trade in favor of Minnesota. Juwan's a nice piece.

-Charlius-

quote:
Uhh, wasn't Mike James just there (Houston)? And as I recall, Mike James wasn't too effective there and only seemed to be jacking up shots away from T-Mac. He plays fine offense, but uh, when you have T-Mac on your team...

They're better off w/ Rafer. And as they still need that certain person to create plays for them to take that responsibility off of T-Mac, this is not going to solve a ****ed thing. I'm don't know a thing about that Justin Reed, but I'm thinking it's a safe assumption that he won't fill that need either.

If this is the apex of the Houston revamp vision, then expect to see T-Mac booted out of the first round again (maybe 2nd hopefully?).

This to me seems to be a one-sided trade in favor of Minnesota. Juwan's a nice piece.

Bring up a very good point. We'll see who got the better of it but for now Minnesota looks like clear cut winners. Foye should have no trouble handling the point. An they get a hard working veteran in Howard who will pull down rebounds, scores a little makes hustle plays etc. As far as Mike James an the Rockets are concerned as mentioned by Charlius this will probally take shots away from T-Mac but with Aldemans uptempo offence it could work out.

I think this move helps both teams, but definitely helps the T'Wolves more. The Wolves had Randy Foye, Mike James, and Troy Hudson at the point and it was pretty clear that Foye made James pretty useless... Foye's just a better all around player, even as just a rookie last year. Now Garnett gets a little frontcourt help, and I guess for the Rockets it just depends on which Mike James decides to show up night in and night out. The one from Toronto a few years ago, or the one who barely did anything in Minnesota?

On paper, it's definitely winner: T'Wolves.