Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoFan11

Ersan İlyasova to Magic??????

Much agreed. Glad someone is speaking out about this. Ilyasova is balling DESPITE not having a Dwight in the middle. One could argue that Ilyasova will continue to ball if given a chance to flourish in Orlando, as well. I think it would be a smart move for the Magic IF they nab Jackson and the Bucks want Ryno -- a swap of Ryno/Hedo for Ilyasove and Jackson COULD work. Gets us a young stud back. It's a fair opinion and should not be put down. The quality of these boards have really gone down since the opinionated few who think they know everything call others "stupid". It's fair to state your opinion but to belittle others is just uncalled for.

Thank You. What people don't understand is that sometimes, a team like Orlando has to take a chance on a guy like Ersan the same way we did with Hedo, who helped us go to the finals. Ryan is going to demand big money and will most probably leave, because there are some stupid GM's who will pay big dollar for him and trust me, Orlando will not match a 60-70m contract for Ryan. So unless you want Big Baby to start next year, we can either trade Ryan now along with one of our big contracts (Jrich, Duhon, Turk) and try to get Ersan and Jackson now. As an alternative, I was trying to say that should Ryan demand too much, we should let him go and sign Ersan instead. Now the latter means that we would have lost an opportunity to get something in return for Ryan or at least get rid of one of our bad contracts to help give us flexibility next year and mauybe sign a free agent to appease Howard (Nash for e.g.). I mean Orlando needs to decide if they are willing to pay Rhyno top dollar. If they don't, better to trade him now. I know Ersan is a FA, but he will cost less and getting him now might allow us to get rid of a bad contract.

I don't even want to comment about DON, I think many of you have said what needed to be said. I hope he changes his tone because sometimes, he makes a good point but how he makes it defeats the point. You have good basketball knowledge, but none of us are GM;s here. We are just thinking out loud. I mean the top basketball people in Orlando are proof that even they make some big mistakes (dont get me started on our draft picks and Arenas etc.).

Ryan is going to demand big money and will most probably leave, because there are some stupid GM's who will pay big dollar for him and trust me, Orlando will not match a 60-70m contract for Ryan.

Who is it that you think is going to offer Ryan Anderson between 15 and 17.5 million dollars a year?

Who is it that you think is going to offer Ryan Anderson between 15 and 17.5 million dollars a year?

Houston wants to get rid of Scola, and has money to spend. NJ if they don't get Howard will ship out Mr. Kardashian and probably will try to bring Ryan back. Ryan will demand the same contract David Lee got in GS. 60m/5 = 12m p.a. which is what many teams can and might offer. I don't think we have the cap space to do that. Ersan, given his lower avg's will probably demand 35-40m which is a lot more affordable for Orlando, plus allows us to go after a FA in 2012 or 2012, should Howard stay. If Howard leaves, then we might even sign 2 good players. Ryan's contract would not allow us to do that and we will probably get 1 good FA and we're back to square 1 again where we have 1 all-star and nothing else around him. To win, you need 2 top players at least. Ryan is not that player, and neither is Ersan, but they both give you the same (although I still argue Ersan is much better defensively) with Ersan probably demanding less money.

Thank You. What people don't understand is that sometimes, a team like Orlando has to take a chance on a guy like Ersan the same way we did with Hedo, who helped us go to the finals. Ryan is going to demand big money and will most probably leave, because there are some stupid GM's who will pay big dollar for him and trust me, Orlando will not match a 60-70m contract for Ryan. So unless you want Big Baby to start next year, we can either trade Ryan now along with one of our big contracts (Jrich, Duhon, Turk) and try to get Ersan and Jackson now. As an alternative, I was trying to say that should Ryan demand too much, we should let him go and sign Ersan instead. Now the latter means that we would have lost an opportunity to get something in return for Ryan or at least get rid of one of our bad contracts to help give us flexibility next year and mauybe sign a free agent to appease Howard (Nash for e.g.). I mean Orlando needs to decide if they are willing to pay Rhyno top dollar. If they don't, better to trade him now. I know Ersan is a FA, but he will cost less and getting him now might allow us to get rid of a bad contract.

I don't even want to comment about DON, I think many of you have said what needed to be said. I hope he changes his tone because sometimes, he makes a good point but how he makes it defeats the point. You have good basketball knowledge, but none of us are GM;s here. We are just thinking out loud. I mean the top basketball people in Orlando are proof that even they make some big mistakes (dont get me started on our draft picks and Arenas etc.).

Your posts have gone from nearly being an opinion to being just plain stupid and one eyed. Ersan been giving you gobbies?

Houston wants to get rid of Scola, and has money to spend. NJ if they don't get Howard will ship out Mr. Kardashian and probably will try to bring Ryan back. Ryan will demand the same contract David Lee got in GS. 60m/5 = 12m p.a. which is what many teams can and might offer. I don't think we have the cap space to do that. Ersan, given his lower avg's will probably demand 35-40m which is a lot more affordable for Orlando, plus allows us to go after a FA in 2012 or 2012, should Howard stay. If Howard leaves, then we might even sign 2 good players. Ryan's contract would not allow us to do that and we will probably get 1 good FA and we're back to square 1 again where we have 1 all-star and nothing else around him. To win, you need 2 top players at least. Ryan is not that player, and neither is Ersan, but they both give you the same (although I still argue Ersan is much better defensively) with Ersan probably demanding less money.

Gtfo.... your just spewing shiit now

Gtfo.... your just spewing shiit now

Quote from Orlando Sentinel writer Josh Robbins today "Ryan Anderson has had a breakthrough season for Orlando, and he is the team's top asset besides Howard. But he is not a potential superstar. Indeed, of all the current Magic players, perhaps no one benefits more from Howard's presence than Anderson"

Your posts have gone from nearly being an opinion to being just plain stupid and one eyed. Ersan been giving you gobbies?

I take it you'd rather we sign Ryan to a max deal or start Big Baby next year? Which one do u prefer?

Quote from Orlando Sentinel writer Josh Robbins today "Ryan Anderson has had a breakthrough season for Orlando, and he is the team's top asset besides Howard. But he is not a potential superstar. Indeed, of all the current Magic players, perhaps no one benefits more from Howard's presence than Anderson"

Thank you for putting something to fact. But most of us know this. Who would not benefit from playing next to Howard.

Houston wants to get rid of Scola, and has money to spend.

No, they don't. This is a blatantly inaccurate statement. They will have, at most, 2m in CAP space next year, and that's before their CAP holds for their own FAs and their draft picks.

NJ if they don't get Howard will ship out Mr. Kardashian and probably will try to bring Ryan back.

What are you basing this on, exactly? Why would they trade "Mr. Kardashian" when he's cheaper than Anderson will be and they'll have to go into a full rebuild?

Ryan will demand the same contract David Lee got in GS. 60m/5 = 12m p.a. which is what many teams can and might offer.

No teams will make that offer because that offer is no longer allowed under the CBA. You're quite literally arguing that teams will offer Ryan more money over a longer period than they're legally allowed to.

I don't think we have the cap space to do that.

He's a restricted free agent and we have his Bird rights. We can sign him for whatever amount we want.

Ersan, given his lower avg's will probably demand 35-40m which is a lot more affordable for Orlando, plus allows us to go after a FA in 2012 or 2012, should Howard stay.

You think Ersan Ilyasova is worth between 8.75 and 10m per season? Even when he's already said he wants to go back to Europe? Are you high?

Also, if Howard stays we won't have CAP space regardless, and if he leaves, we'll have CAP space anyway, but with your argument we'll simply be filling it with paying Ersan instead of Anderson. That's not a benefit, it's a step sideways.

If Howard leaves, then we might even sign 2 good players.

Not with any Earth math we won't.

Ryan's contract would not allow us to do that and we will probably get 1 good FA and we're back to square 1 again where we have 1 all-star and nothing else around him. To win, you need 2 top players at least. Ryan is not that player, and neither is Ersan, but they both give you the same (although I still argue Ersan is much better defensively) with Ersan probably demanding less money.

Your proposal has Ersan being paid, by us, no less than 2m more than Anderson will allegedly get, and you haven't really identified who is going to give Anderson 15m a year(which is basically a max contract). You're out of your element here, and you're CLEARLY just pulling numbers out of thin air, just as you clearly don't understand the CBA.

If you want to learn about the CBA, you can ask anything you want to know about it here.

Until that point though, I'd recommend you not try to talk salary numbers on this board, since we tend to stay pretty up-to-date on that sort of thing around here.

Edit:

Also, my eyes completely gloss over when someone says that "many teams" or "a lot of teams" will do something. It's a really simple way of saying "I'm not willing to research this, so I'm going to make unverifiable general statements, and appeal to an authority that doesn't exist as proof I'm right.

If you think a lot of teams or even any teams will offer Ryan Anderson 12 million dollars a season, I want to know which teams those are. Give me team names. Then we can discuss it.

But saying "many teams" is really just saying "I want you to do my research for me," and I can't stress enough how much I'm not going to do your research for you.

No, they don't. This is a blatantly inaccurate statement. They will have, at most, 2m in CAP space next year, and that's before their CAP holds for their own FAs and their draft picks.

What are you basing this on, exactly? Why would they trade "Mr. Kardashian" when he's cheaper than Anderson will be and they'll have to go into a full rebuild?

No teams will make that offer because that offer is no longer allowed under the CBA. You're quite literally arguing that teams will offer Ryan more money over a longer period than they're legally allowed to.

He's a restricted free agent and we have his Bird rights. We can sign him for whatever amount we want.

You think Ersan Ilyasova is worth between 8.75 and 10m per season? Even when he's already said he wants to go back to Europe? Are you high?

Also, if Howard stays we won't have CAP space regardless, and if he leaves, we'll have CAP space anyway, but with your argument we'll simply be filling it with paying Ersan instead of Anderson. That's not a benefit, it's a step sideways.

Not with any Earth math we won't.

Your proposal has Ersan being paid, by us, no less than 2m more than Anderson will allegedly get, and you haven't really identified who is going to give Anderson 15m a year(which is basically a max contract). You're out of your element here, and you're CLEARLY just pulling numbers out of thin air, just as you clearly don't understand the CBA.

If you want to learn about the CBA, you can ask anything you want to know about it here.

Until that point though, I'd recommend you not try to talk salary numbers on this board, since we tend to stay pretty up-to-date on that sort of thing around here.

Okay Otis, sorry Don I mean, cna you please enlighten us on the New CBA? I have a life you know so don't know the new CBA by heart. But if you do, please tellvme what other teams can offer Rhyan, and just because we have his Bird Rights doesnt mean we will offer a max contract, otherwise we would have already done that. I know enough to know that if Howard leaves, Ryan is a goner coz Orlando will not sign him on a big contract.

Okay Otis, sorry Don I mean, cna you please enlighten us on the New CBA? I have a life you know so don't know the new CBA by heart. But if you do, please tellvme what other teams can offer Rhyan, and just because we have his Bird Rights doesnt mean we will offer a max contract, otherwise we would have already done that. I know enough to know that if Howard leaves, Ryan is a goner coz Orlando will not sign him on a big contract.

Ahem:

is really just saying "I want you to do my research for me," and I can't stress enough how much I'm not going to do your research for you.