Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Turk Suspended

I think you're reading too much into it. The refs are not robots. Different refs react differently to players' actions.

Which is fine, but you would want, and expect, a little consistency from the league office in their rulings after the fact. Of course, their inconsistency IS what they are consistent with.

Which is fine, but you would want, and expect, a little consistency from the league office in their rulings after the fact. Of course, their inconsistency IS what they are consistent with.

Absolutely, I agree. I'm just not buying the "refs are out to get us" mentality.

Absolutely, I agree. I'm just not buying the "refs are out to get us" mentality.

Aside from a brief mention, I don't think of it as so much a "out to get us" mentality, per se, but more like it would have happened regardless of who the Bulls were playing. That's my biggest beef. That ref, to me, was acting as if he were a member of the Bulls team, and not a supposedly unbiased representative of the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbfixFpVJdo

The referee looks alarmed by the way Hedo approaches him. Maybe he thought he will finally be punished for the bull**** refereeing.

Luckily the second ref was not as aphephobic as the first one. Else Hedo could easily get the second tech while explaining (which would be quite funny).

I think technical foul was acceptable but suspension is over the top.