Sign in to follow this  
Bang Gundy

JR Smith: Like or Dislike?

Yes or No  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

Evan Turner and TMac also averaged very close numbers in their 1st and 2nd years. . . Can't wait til Evan Turner explodes in the next year or two.

And numbers don't tell anything. These two have always played in different systems, with different roles in different offenses. Their numbers being close is a mere coincidence.

Instead of just saying they're not similar, providing a goofy anology (considering I'm making absolutely no prediction about future performance), and saying numbers are a mere coincidence (which obviously is convenient to your position), how about explaining how they are so vastly different?

They're both practically the same exact size, both play the same positions (SG/SF), both are athletic but prefer to shoot the three than drive the ball, both average almost the exact same shooting precentages from the field, 3pt, and FT line, neither are great defenders, they're both African American, lol...need I continue? They are similar, I say very, you and others disagree but they are at the very least statistically similar, there's no arguing that.

Also, both their names start with J and they both play basketball. This is starting to get eerie.

• Upvote 1

Also, both their names start with J and they both play basketball. This is starting to get eerie.

Lol! I promise I'll let it die after I get the retorts from BMP and DoM. Again, I'm not saying they're the same *****ing player, I'm just saying they're similar...at the very least statistically. Now I remember why I never re-registered when this forum changed formats...good grief.

JR Smith has been to me by far the most frustrating player in the league. He has all-star level talent. But his BBall IQ is borderline retarded and his work ethic is questionable at best. But still the Magic could really use someone who could just catch fire and light a team up.

I don't understand you guys. Orlando lacks serious scorers. The team is strapped for cash, we have a chance at the best FA on the market, yet as fans we don't want him. Beggars can't be choosers. If JR comes here and explodes that could save Dwight leaving. We obviously don't have great trade pieces, so there's not much room for improvement. If he doesn't work out here, he'd still be on a cheap contract and would be easily traded to most teams in the league. I just don't get some people's logic in here.

• Upvote 2

They are more loaded at the back court then we are. JR wants to go to a place where he is gonna show off his talents and skills.

Since Chauncey went down they have an open starting 2 spot right next to Chris Paul.. They're loaded at point, but the Clippers don't really have any 2 guards

Since Chauncey went down they have an open starting 2 spot right next to Chris Paul.. They're loaded at point, but the Clippers don't really have any 2 guards

Really how much cash does clippers have griff Paul mo butler martin billups if he goes to clippers

I don't understand you guys. Orlando lacks serious scorers. The team is strapped for cash, we have a chance at the best FA on the market, yet as fans we don't want him. Beggars can't be choosers. If JR comes here and explodes that could save Dwight leaving. We obviously don't have great trade pieces, so there's not much room for improvement. If he doesn't work out here, he'd still be on a cheap contract and would be easily traded to most teams in the league. I just don't get some people's logic in here.

I'd love to have him, I just don't think he comes here. Since Chauncey went down, the Clips (thru Chris Paul) are trying to recruit him. It doesn't hurt to have some of his old teammates there too.

But if he's looking to get paid more, we might be in the mix. How much can we offer him?

They're both practically the same exact size, both play the same positions (SG/SF), both are athletic but prefer to shoot the three than drive the ball, both average almost the exact same shooting precentages from the field, 3pt, and FT line, neither are great defenders, they're both African American, lol...need I continue? They are similar, I say very, you and others disagree but they are at the very least statistically similar, there's no arguing that.

No one is disputing that they've shot similar percentages; we're just pointing out that scoring comparably on comparable percentages doesn't make two players similar.

Mark Aguirre's career numbers are VERY similar to Monta Ellis. Those two guys have nothing to do with each other. It's a coincidence.

Hell, the very nature of your arguments about Jrich suggest that you'd never seen him play before 3 years ago. The man spent his early career as an athletic phenom who ran like hell, had crazy hops, rebounded extremely well for a 2 guard, and was a horrible outside shooter. He added a solid 3pt shot much later.

JR Smith has been a chucker, is a chucker, and always will be a chucker.

That their career numbers are similar is a coincidence, and nothing else.