GameNight Specifics

NBA Coverage: Game Info

Date: Monday, February 6

Time: 7 p.m.

Radio: FM 96.5 and AM 580 WDBO, AM 1270 WRLZ

Television: Sun Sports

clippa.png

PREGAME INFO

Last Season’s Results: The Magic enjoyed great success against the Clippers, winning both meetings.

Dec. 12: Dwight Howard posted 22 points and Jameer Nelson tallied 17 as all five Magic starters scored in double figures in Orlando’s victory in Los Angeles.

Feb. 8: It seemed like déjà vu for the Magic as like the previous meeting, Dwight Howard recorded 22 points and Jameer Nelson scored 17 in Orlando’s dominant win over the Clippers at Amway Center.

Key Matchup: Ryan Anderson vs. Blake Griffin

Just like it has been for him against some of the elite power forwards in the Eastern Conference (ex. Amar’e Stoudemire, Kevin Garnett, David West, etc.), Anderson will now get a test from one of the best of the West.

Especially with coaches about to decide whom the reserves in this year’s All-Star Game will be, this contest is the perfect opportunity for Anderson to demonstrate he belongs amongst the privileged.

If Ryan can have a big night against Griffin, who was voted in as a starter for the Western Conference All-Stars, it’s possible that will help his case in playing in front of the hometown fans at the end of the month.

Instant Analysis: With the addition of Chris Paul in the backcourt and with the growth of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan up front, the Clippers have developed into one of the most exciting teams in the league. Some observers even consider them one of the favorites to come out of the West and compete for a championship this season.

As a result, while it certainly won’t be easy, it’s imperative for the Magic to play their ‘A’ game and prove to the naysayers they deserve to be in the same conversation as any of the other elite clubs in the NBA. If Dwight Howard can dominate down low and if Orlando’s slew of point guards can negate Paul from having one of his spectacular nights, the Magic should be in good position to come out on top.

Other Notables: Orlando has won the last nine meetings against the L.A. Clippers. Quentin Richardson was drafted by the Clippers in 2000 and spent his first four seasons in L.A.

tumblr_lxub8x4MTz1rnobmpo1_400.gif

Griffin gets away with murder. The dude is always putting his hand into any players back that comes near him just so he can jump as high as possible. We need to go all Andre Miller on his ass and hit him straight up with any player (Q-rich its time). He will back down like the biitch he is and be a non factor.

Anyone know if Nelson is back? Concussions are the most frustrating thing to sit out with. Feel fine, look fine, can not even shoot a layup.

Haven't heard anything about Nelson yet, but BBD is supposed to come back. I dont like that very much, we have been winning w/o him, but Dwight has been playing a lot of minutes becuse of his suspension, so we will see how Stan handles the rotations tonight. I predict a Magic beatdown because the Clippers are still the Clippers to me :P.

Magic-106 Clippers-90.

• Upvote 1

Giving Nelson one more chance. Maybe the extra rest is gonna get him out of his funk just like it did for J Rich. If Nelson and J Rich played like they did last year, we'd be on fire coz Anderson, Hedo, and Redick have all stepped it up.

meer probably will play 2nite. i hope he will. we need him..

i dont like too but bbd will play as well. i just started to like clark's basketball iq.

that will be a W at homecourt. 100+ / 93

dwight: 23/16/4

rhino: 19/11/3

hedo: 16/8/11

jrich: 13/5/5

meer: 16/6/12

bench: 20/9/6

lets go magic !!

i dont like too but bbd will play as well. i just started to like clark's basketball iq.

lets go magic !!

Going to be a great game!

You have us going for 41 assists. When we scored 117 against the Warriors this year we had 31 asts.

lets go magic !!

I like ur enthusiasm.