Sign in to follow this  
hybridalienhog

Help with viewing FSF (Channel 50)

My landlord provides Brighthouse cable to the room I'm renting, so I get several digital channels on my tv. However, I don't get Fox Sports Florida, which sucks because of the amount of Magic games on channel 50. I just get a scrambled video when I type "50-1" on my remote, and scanning for channels doesn't pick up channel 50. What do I need to get FSF? I assume there's a way to unencrypt the channel...

Appreciate any advice :svgsad:

You need a converter box I think. I can't get it on tvs in my house that aren't connected to a box.

Right, not sure if that is what it is called, but the smaller box for the other tv's in my house does not get it. If possible, I believe you can run a splitter (?) from the main box your tv.

Right, not sure if that is what it is called, but the smaller box for the other tv's in my house does not get it. If possible, I believe you can run a splitter (?) from the main box your tv.

If you split the line between the main cable box and the tv, and run the secondary line to another tv, you will only be able to watch the channel that the main box is watching.

In order to view all the digital channels, you need a digital converter box from the cable provider. If there are other channels you want to watch, it might be worth it to check into having your landlord order a box for you and tacking it onto your rent. it should be less than $10 a month.

Have to agree with Hi-Top... The easiest solution is to have your landlord order an extra cable box and tack it on to your rent.... I believe they run $9.95 per month for the standard box and $11.95 per month for the Hi-Def box.... Fortunately for me I have no trouble viewing. I have the H-Def package, but my cable bill at $205.00 per month looks like the national debt.... :(