GameNight Specifics

NBA Coverage: Game Info

Date: Monday, January 23

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Radio: FM 96.5 and AM 580 WDBO, AM 1270 WRLZ

Television: Sun Sports, NBA TV

celticsmagic.png

PREGAME INFO

Last Season’s Results: The Celtics won the season series, 2-1, with each team triumphing on their home court.

Dec. 25: Just a few days after last season’s two blockbuster trades, the Magic prevailed behind a stifling defensive performance

Jan. 17: Dwight Howard registered 33 points and 13 rebounds and four other Magic players scored in double figures, but the Celtics pulled out a thrilling victory at TD Garden

Feb. 6: It was Super Bowl Sunday and Dwight Howard delivered a super effort (28 points, 13 rebounds), but it was Boston who shined at the end.

Key Matchup: Ryan Anderson vs. Kevin Garnett

It’s essential for Anderson to have good games when he squares off with any of the other elite power forwards in the NBA. It’s a way to boost his confidence and show him that he can compete one-on-one against anyone.

While KG is not quite the same player he once was, he is still a force, especially on the defensive end. It would also be encouraging to know that Anderson can achieve what his predecessor, Rashard Lewis, struggled with and that is outmatch Garnett.

Instant Analysis: It remains a mystery whether the Celtics are just not conditioned and motivated yet or if they are simply too old and too overwhelmed by championship expectations.

Boston has gotten off to a meager start and with trade rumors swirling regarding the Celtics’ Big Three, a win for Orlando on Monday and then again on Thursday when the two rivals meet at Amway Center would be another step to try and break up one of the Magic’s biggest challengers in the East.

Other Notables: The Magic have won six of the last nine regular season matchups with the Celtics overall. Orlando has won nine of the last 11 meetings at home and three of the last five matchups in Boston.

tumblrlxgk97cvg91qjfl60.jpg

Our Old Friend

Either Brandon is going to go off on us... or Dwight will completely shut him down because Dwight knows his moves.

Any word on Turk?

Hedo Turkoglu (back) expects to play in Monday's game vs. the Celtics in Boston. Turkoglu said he had regained mobility the last day or two, but still hasn't run hard up and down the floor. Van Gundy said if Turk can't play after warm-ups, he must leave the game at some point.

i hope turky plays :happypuppy:

I watched washington-boston game yesterday(i know it was a big mistake) it was a very boring game i almost fell asleep boston is terrible and probably both rondo and allen out tonight just throw someone to pierce and kg and should be a easy win a blowout so im gonna go bold

110-80 magic win

only this could change if both of rondo and allen are good to go but that only change the margin magic win by 15 then

Hedo Turkoglu (back) expects to play in Monday's game vs. the Celtics in Boston. Turkoglu said he had regained mobility the last day or two, but still hasn't run hard up and down the floor. Van Gundy said if Turk can't play after warm-ups, he must leave the game at some point.

i hope turky plays :happypuppy:

I dont think we need hedo terribly tonight im convinced after yesterday's game we can beat boston with our bench

If Rondo & Allen Play I Can See Them Giving Us Problems & The Game Being A Close 1.

That Being Said I Still Expect Us To Win If We Play With Energy.

Will Dwight Get His 26 Points To Become Our All Time Leading Scorer?