Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2012 Election thread

This is the main reason why I support Ron Paul. He is the only major candidate that is actually committed to peace.

If by committed to peace you mean cover your ears with your hands, close your eyes, and scream "blah, blah, blah" really loud and pretend that nothing is happening in the rest of the world.

If by committed to peace you mean cover your ears with your hands, close your eyes, and scream "blah, blah, blah" really loud and pretend that nothing is happening in the rest of the world.

As in realizing that what we do around the world matters in how people respond to us.

And not being asinine to place any credence on, "They hate us for our freedom."

Oh, also understanding the Osama Bin Laden had it totally right when he said that he would win by having us destroy ourselves economically.

They don't hate us because of our freedom, but its ignorant to think they only hate us because of our interventions in the Arab world.

These Islamo-fascists hate us for a myriad of reasons, and one of them is our culture, our liberal value system, etc. Remember, a lot of these groups are hell-bent on bringing about the apocalypse. They see us as the enemy, as infidels, and worthy of death.

These Americano-facist hate us for a myriad of reasons, and one of them is our culture, our conservative value system, etc. Remember, a lot of these groups are hell-bent on bringing about the apocalypse. They see us as the enemy, as infidels, and worthy of death.

See what I did there?

Don't know what this is alluding to, Iran maybe? What would you specifically do about it

They don't hate us because of our freedom, but its ignorant to think they only hate us because of our interventions in the Arab world.

These Islamo-fascists hate us for a myriad of reasons, and one of them is our culture, our liberal value system, etc. Remember, a lot of these groups are hell-bent on bringing about the apocalypse. They see us as the enemy, as infidels, and worthy of death.

That may be the base of what they believe in but the reason as to WHY they believe that and what propagates that belief is important. Interventionism and support for Israel and Saudi Arabia undeniably aided to recruitment of terrorist groups, whether you support those alliances or not. Here's a good video of former CIA chief of the Bin Laden unit Michael Scheuer, who recently endorsed Paul's foreign policy:

"I will insist on a military so powerful, no one will ever think of challenging it" - Mitt Romney at his victory speech last night.

Holy ****.

I get why a Republican candidate would make a statement like that, but jesus christ: put it back in your *****ing pants. It's that kind of dick-swinging jingoism that makes the rest of the world think Americans are stupid assholes.

Just playing to the base for SC and Florida IMO.

My opinion is that all of these candidates could be considered crazier than Paul, but we will never know their true intentions because they all have a record of changing positions and toeing the party line when it comes to issues.

I honestly don't understand Mitt Romney's electorate, the guy has changed his position on so many issues over the years and just reaks of telling you what you want to hear. Maybe there's a Mitt fan who could explain their passion for this guy?

• Upvote 1

See what I did there?

Yeah, you made a nonsensical post that isn't based in reality by swapping a couple of words around to try to show equivocation between two sides of a conflict that couldn't be more off.

Are you actually making the argument that the US is morally equivalent to Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood?

Yeah, you made a nonsensical post that isn't based in reality by swapping a couple of words around to try to show equivocation between two sides of a conflict that couldn't be more off.

Are you actually making the argument that the US is morally equivalent to Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood?

So, your answer to my question, "You see what I did there?" is no.

What I did was show how someone in another country, where we have invaded, occupied for a decade and brought freedom in the form of tens of thousands of bombs, would say that the exact thing about us. Or how about out decades long interventionist policies in the region? They would very likely elicit a similar response.

Let me put it another way: The United States does not have a monopoly on the "moral right."

So, your answer to my question, "You see what I did there?" is no.

What I did was show how someone in another country, where we have invaded, occupied for a decade and brought freedom in the form of tens of thousands of bombs, would say that the exact thing about us. Or how about out decades long interventionist policies in the region? They would very likely elicit a similar response.

Let me put it another way: The United States does not have a monopoly on the "moral right."

political philosophy has nothing to do with morals. Its entirely built around game theory and cost-value analysis. That's why we remove some dictators and support others. That's not to say morals are absent from the equation, doing the "right" thing is often valuable in foreign policy, but its not really the main part of the equation.

These Islamo-fascists hate us for a myriad of reasons, and one of them is our culture,

OT, are you kidding? arabs love our culture. They've practically reproduced every popular western reality series. I mean there's a "Arabs got Talent" for god's sake.

OT, are you kidding? arabs love our culture. They've practically reproduced every popular western reality series. I mean there's a "Arabs got Talent" for god's sake.

Distinctions need to be made between what the general populace of Arab nations think of American culture, what the rulers of those countries think of our culture, and what terrorists think of our culture.

Also, distinctions should be made to separate nations in that region. Iran, for instance, isn't Arab.

What DoM said.

To use Iran as an example, the general population of that country embraces parts of Western culture, whereas their president and the Mullahs hate the Western world and would love to remove Israel from existence.

It's the extreme religious sects and terrorists that hate that culture.

I have a question: when Romney seals this primary up, who do you think he chooses as a running mate? I originally thought maybe Huntsman, because Obama would have a hard time criticizing someone he chose to be ambassador to china, but I don't really know if he brings anything different to the table.