AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

With the Celtics struggling to begin the 11-12 season, several teams have inquired about the availability of Paul Pierce.

One Eastern Conference official said, there are “lots of calls asking if [boston] will blow it up.”

Pierce has two years and $32 million left on his contract through the 13-14 season. Trading Pierce would allow the Celtics to become players in free agency.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218370/Teams_Begin_Calling_Celtics_On_Pierce#ixzz1jocvF4u8

Of all players, the guy that's been there his entire career? If so, wow...

Of all players, the guy that's been there his entire career? If so, wow...

I hate Paul Pierce but I think id take him in a heartbeat. How has he been this year? I've only watched 1 C's game and cant remember how he did.

I hate Paul Pierce but I think id take him in a heartbeat. How has he been this year? I've only watched 1 C's game and cant remember how he did.

He's had a couple good games but is banged up and off to a slow start. I doubt they blow it up in Boston though, they'll eventually get it going.

He's had a couple good games but is banged up and off to a slow start. I doubt they blow it up in Boston though, they'll eventually get it going.

I doubt it, the age of that team plus the schedule this season is going to take its toll on the Celtics. I think they'll make the playoffs as a 6 seed or so, but their big 4 of KG, Ray Allen, Rondo, and Paul Pierce is done

Reading that the Knicks are targeting Raymond Felton, Jameer Nelson, or Steve Nash

Jameer Nelson for Carmelo Anthony...GET IT DONE OTIS

Reading that the Knicks are targeting Raymond Felton, Jameer Nelson, or Steve Nash

saw that too, thing is jameer has to opt out his final year so why would he forgo that and play for less money.

i'm more interested in the celtics situation. Imagine a guy like Pierce on this team...droooooool

saw that too, thing is jameer has to opt out his final year so why would he forgo that and play for less money.

i'm more interested in the celtics situation. Imagine a guy like Pierce on this team...droooooool

Yep, I can imagine him... hobbling off while Dwight and Davis carries him back to the locker room, to never be seen again.....

Wipe your mouth, dripping on shirt makes you look silly.

Yep, I can imagine him... hobbling off while Dwight and Davis carries him back to the locker room, to never be seen again.....

Wipe your mouth, dripping on shirt makes you look silly.

funny, cuz he'd still be the best player that Dwight has ever played with.

and i'm back, after years of not being here, i thought i'd say hello. and maybe post an lolcat, i don't know yet. and for those of you that don't know me, i'm the lost jester that would voice my ever strong positions about the nba and the orlando magic until my fingers would turn blue. i'll make the list short:

things that i was wrong about:

jj reddick would never start for an nba team

the magic would be able to get a championship with dwight within five years

the management would listen to dwight to sustain his stay in orlando as long as possible

otis smith has made some great moves(granted this is when we had clee and peitrus)

otis smith will draft players that are immediately effective (again after the courtney lee pick)

stan van gundy will do what's right at the right time in the playoffs even though his intelligence sometimes leads to arrogance

brandon bass was a great signing and would provide the help dwight was asking for on the defensive front

i hate big baby, i still sort of do, but he's in our uniform now

things that i was sadly right about:

a backcourt of jj and jameer is the worst possible defensive front we could offer and it would effect dwight staying in orlando, reddick should have been traded to utah while his stock was still high, and it is still high enough to do so.

defense and blistering speed win playoff games and championships, my idea that courtney lee and peitrus would be more of the future of the team seeing that they not only provide both, but also have a workable outside game

my idea that we should have paid hedo the money he wanted to have him stay after the championship run

we should have traded for stephen jackson at any time during the past 3 years

things that made me want the refund for my season tickets:

in one year we got rid of hedo(do then traded for him back again), peitrus, courtney lee, gortat, rashard lewis, and in return we got older, slower, worse on the defensive end, less depth where dwight asked for it on all fronts, and somehow we were hitting against the cap even harder than ever. other than the amnesty clause that got rid of arenas it looked like a joke, it looked like david stern paid otis smith under the table to destroy the team.

i'd like to add the dwight wanting to be traded bit, but in all fairness, the team turned into a black hole, jameer and jj at the backcourt, old hedo with no peitrus to back him up, rashard was gone for arenas, it's like the organization decided to scramble an egg that was already cooked and waiting on it's plate, only needing black pepper and hot sauce in order to get it to perfection.

i don't like the fact how public dwight is with wanting to be traded, we could have gotten more for him behind closed doors, but who knows what his options were.

how could you possibly make this work?

it's almost too hard to think about, with dwight gone jameer/duhon/jj would turn into a welcome mat to any pg/sg that averages more than 10 points a game.

if i had the option, i'd trade dwight to either memphis or portland, the mix of bigs and younger athletes on those squads could make the magic watchable after a dwight trade, but that would never work, dwight would never resign.

on dwight's list, i'd say take what you can from dallas and run

not on dwight's list, golden state is stupidly offering a trade without dwight resigning..

after a franchise trade, we can't go the cleveland route, we can't try to survive with players we foolishly kept around who are that bad at playing defense. the team would have to keep as much talent it could possibly keep for cheap, cut losses and either draft/sign big at some other point, it might be another heart and hustle year if the magic refuse to trade dwight, which i think will happen after the all star game and before the trade deadline... why else would they move it????

the last thing is a message to van gundy, he's very intelligent, but his arrogance bothers me, it's the reason why two years ago we watched bass warm the bench against the celtics, only to find out he's effective in the last half of the game that outed us. it's the reason why someone like earl clark warms the bench now, let him play, and no i don't care where, there are two big man positions per team, it can work.

i'm done for now.

funny, cuz he'd still be the best player that Dwight has ever played with.

Sad, but probably true. I'd take him over J Rich at this point