AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I disagree, I think it would significantly weaken this team

how??? it fixes almost problem we have. We get a backup center, BBD can start with Howard which is what both of them want, we get Ellis to replace Nelson which is a major upgrade, and we get a tall 3pt shooting ace for a backup SF. The only thing we are missing is a primary defender which should be Clark anyway and without Anderson he could finally get the minutes. Also Liggins will finally get minutes behind J-rich so he can show what he can do, i think it would be just like having a better passing and slashing pietrus. Or we can put Wright at backup SG and let Harper play backup SF and show why we traded up for him, and him playing would be just like having a young and fresh Rashard Lewis.

how??? it fixes almost problem we have. We get a backup center, BBD can start with Howard which is what both of them want, we get Ellis to replace Nelson which is a major upgrade, and we get a tall 3pt shooting ace for a backup SF. The only thing we are missing is a primary defender which should be Clark anyway and without Anderson he could finally get the minutes. Also Liggins will finally get minutes behind J-rich so he can show what he can do, i think it would be just like having a better passing and slashing pietrus. Or we can put Wright at backup SG and let Harper play backup SF and show why we traded up for him, and him playing would be just like having a young and fresh Rashard Lewis.

You are so wrong!

Redick and Anderson are our best two pieces behind howard and also fairly young and still with upside.

The fact that we'd be dealing all of our depth for 1 pretty good player, a good role player, and a mediocre center with a rediculous contract. And just because Ellis is more athletic and a better scorer than Nelson does not mean he'll be a better PG. I'm very concerned that you think Anderson leaving would be advantageous because Clark could then get some burn. The guy is a project and is quite awhile away from being a significant piece of the rotation. Same goes for Liggins and Harper.

Im not buying into the fact that you have to be in a big market to get a big shoe contract, it makes no sense given how technology has made us that much closer.

Besides Dwights in the top 10 of Jersey sales, that's not going to change because of a new city. That is likely true about his shoe sales.

If Dwight really cared about that, he would switch his shoe brand to Nike.... They have been better than everyone else in that market.

You don't need to be in a big city to get the big payout on endorsements, it's why they call it a "Global Economy".

(iPhone)

I don't buy it either, the world is flat. Dwight's people don't fully understand this.

Brett Favre played in Green Bay the majority of his career. The world is flat.

Apparently the Nets are looking into getting DeMarcus Cousins. The optimist me says it's them moving on from Dwight but the realist me says they're going to try to use him as a trade piece...

marreese speights was also traded today to the grizz, xavier henry going to NOH, and two 2nd round picks to philly.

and LOL at Dmarc potentially being a Net. He'd probably punch avery in the face after the first practice.