AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

Im not buying into the fact that you have to be in a big market to get a big shoe contract, it makes no sense given how technology has made us that much closer.

Besides Dwights in the top 10 of Jersey sales, that's not going to change because of a new city. That is likely true about his shoe sales.

If Dwight really cared about that, he would switch his shoe brand to Nike.... They have been better than everyone else in that market.

You don't need to be in a big city to get the big payout on endorsements, it's why they call it a "Global Economy".

(iPhone)

Harper can easily replace Anderson here. Honestly. Not to discredit Ryno, but he is simply knocking down wide open 3s at a very high % right now.

I believe Harper could end up being better.

Ryan Anderson is reaching a JJ level of fandom here, so most people are going to blindly disagree with any kind of real assessment on the guy. The truth is, he's the same player. His numbers are higher due to increased playing time, and I'd be shocked if his 3 point percentage doesn't start to level off within another 5-10 games.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Anderson is reaching a JJ level of fandom here, so most people are going to blindly disagree with any kind of real assessment on the guy. The truth is, he's the same player. His numbers are higher due to increased playing time, and I'd be shocked if his 3 point percentage doesn't start to level off within another 5-10 games.

I agree. Trade him now. See what we can get for Jameer+Ryno.

This team is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. A couple moves need to be made because we have too many players, mainly at the 2 and we need a 5 but we dont need to start rebuilding or making blockbuster trades to be competitive. We need defense and consistent scoring. We have a good team SVG just doesnt have it set up right. This is how I would set the team up right now (after firing Otis).

C - Howard, Orton

PF - Anderson, BBD, Clark

SF - Turk, Harper (i dont understand how he is a PF, we have too many and we need a backup 3 that can score, he would be better than either richardson playin the 3, and he is just like lewis and lewis should have been playing SF also), Q

SG - J-Rich, Redick, Wafer

PG - Nelson, Liggins (he can pass, play hard D, and slash to the basket, he needs playing time, he is just like pietrus except he can pass), Hughes (split minutes with liggins)

Not 2 bad but wayy too many guards and nobody really knows there roles or even real positions. I dont want to trade anderson or redick, especially now, but thats the only way we can get anything done. So with keeping Howard in mind I have my top 5 trade options (not in order) that I would like to share that I think are pretty realistic and we could pull off.

1. Trade Anderson, Redick, Orton, and a 2nd rounder if we need 2 to Houston for Lee and Thabeet

C- Howard, Thabeet

PF - BBD, Clark

SF - Turk, Harper, Q

SG - Lee, J-Rich, Wafer

PG- Nelson, Liggins, Hughes

Trade Q and Duhon for whatever expiring we can get

2. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xom79j

C - Howard, Darko

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Beasely, Turk, Harper

SG- J-Rich, Liggins, Wafer

PG - Nelson, Hughes, Duhon

3. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6o8nhxa we throw in a future 1st and this years second or whatever we need to to get it done

C - Howard, Beidrins

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Turk, Wright, Harper

SG - J-Rich, Liggins, Wafer

PG - Ellis, Hughes, Duhon

4. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83q2q2l

C - Howard, Birdman

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF- Turk, Gallo, Harper

PG - Miller, Hughes, Duhon

5. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=865p2zo throw in a pick or 2

C- Howard, Speights

PF - BBD, Clark, Harper

SF - Iguodala, Turk, Harper

PG - Holiday, Hughes, Duhon

I was limited because half our team has trade restrictions til March 1st so there could be some tweeks if we wait til then, I just did what i could with the trade machine right now

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3rd trade is the only one that makes some sense.

yeah thats my first choice, if i would have put them in order i would have put 3, 2, 5, 1, then 4

Thanks for the laugh.

Your welcome. Love the sig.

By the way I do not think Anderson is necessarily this great player. I just think giving him up with Nelson is not a solution for this team.