AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

Ahaha Stein ranked us #5 for power rankings.

And Denver is 4th. And Chicago is ahead of OKC. Thanks for reminding me why I haven't bothered with power rankings since I was 16.

• Upvote 1

And Denver is 4th. And Chicago is ahead of OKC. Thanks for reminding me why I haven't bothered with power rankings since I was 16.

Doesnt Denton do power rankings as well? I think I remember his being pretty accurate.

Doesnt Denton do power rankings as well? I think I remember his being pretty accurate.

That's probably why they're not up yet.

It's just silly to have power rankings this early in the season.

Its good to have a bit of positive vibes in the posts lately... Here are positive points I think a lot of you may agree with me on.

1. Dwight seeing this team can play well together ( we will really see when we play tougher teams )

2. Lopez injury putting all the Nets trade to sleep for a while. Even though us Magic fans knew they wouldnt pull the trigger on that deal, just good to turn on ESPN and not hear about it.

3. The Nets stinking it up, making it more obvious to D.Will that bringing D12 isnt the easy fix as they MAY have assumed. (in my opinion it would take 3 years to reach MIAMI level ) so for that D12 mine as well stay here and make more $ while doing so

4. Bynum looking sharp.... If we were to trade to L.A. for Bynum and Gasol, its atleast good to see Bynum playing well ( still injury prone though )

5. Turk has played well and most importantly, has been taking it too the rim off of ball fakes like back in 09.

6. As much of a bum that Duhon is, he has atleast played somewhat decent and hit some 3's to atleast be a viable "throw in" in a trade.

7. IMO THE MOST POSITIVE POINT... Ryan Anderson & JJ Redick ballingggggg! Really makes their trade value worth muchhhhh more if we choose to deal them in the upcoming months. A package of one of them along with turk could either set us up financially next summer or package with both of them maybe landing us someone like Ellis or Iggy or a surprise deal Otis is known for.

Either way, alot of positive things happening lately as the trade leverage has shifted in Magic's favor. Lets hope we keep winning the games we are suppose to win so we can afford a tough loss here and there to the elite teams in the league down the line

GO MAGIC!

7. IMO THE MOST POSITIVE POINT... Ryan Anderson & JJ Redick ballingggggg! Really makes their trade value worth muchhhhh more if we choose to deal them in the upcoming months. A package of one of them along with turk could either set us up financially next summer or package with both of them maybe landing us someone like Ellis or Iggy or a surprise deal Otis is known for.

Either way, alot of positive things happening lately as the trade leverage has shifted in Magic's favor. Lets hope we keep winning the games we are suppose to win so we can afford a tough loss here and there to the elite teams in the league down the line

GO MAGIC!

Unless this is just a false start, I don't want to ruin the chemistry that the Magic have right now with a trade.

Check this out. Deron mentions that cost of living in NY is high, and living in Florida or Texas may be more financially advantagious. Most likely he ends up in Dallas...but the fact he even mentions Florida...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nj-nets-fall-cavs-cleveland-all-star-deron-williams-benefits-playing-big-market-article-1.999560

Good post. Kind of interesting considering he said a few days ago how he would recommend 12 living in NY/NJ yet he nows points out reasons to not live there.

With Ryan and Hedo both playing well to start the season, now could be the time to cash them in for the much coveted wing scorer. With that said, who says no?

Link

Orlando says no and so does Memphis