AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

Sentinel: For months and months, one of the first things I and reporters like me would ask you about would be Dwight Howard's future. For now, at least, it seems like the focus is on basketball. Is that a relief? Is it refreshing?

Smith: It's about the same. Nothing really changes. You've got to remember I have to forecast beyond what you guys see. It's OK that you guys are shortsighted; so you only see one thing at a time. That's fine. But I have to forecast beyond that. The term "general manager" means something. It means you generally manage all of it. And that's what you kinda have to do. So I think things are going good. I think we're still having to forecast and try to put our team together not only for just this current [season] but moving forward.

http://ht.ly/9UuqD

:svgsad: Where was that philosophy before the Phoenix and Washington trades?

46.png

Otis Smith and the words "near sighted" are synonyms. Hell, the dude wears glasses to games because he can't see far off.

How is trading away basically every first round pick since you've become GM looking ahead? How is trading away Courtney Lee (although we got Ryno), Pietrus, and Gortat for JRICH and Turk far-sighted?

How is anything he's done far-sighted? I guess drafting a project every year (and missing every year) is far-sighted.

F Otis. Can't wait until he's selling insurance at the end of the year. And come to think of it, morgaging people's FUTURES, that's a horrible job for him.

We would need a date, flights are pretty expensive from the Netherlands.... but duty free alcohol for the win!

We would need a date, flights are pretty expensive from the Netherlands.... but duty free alcohol for the win!

you can join us via skype or somethin if you want lol

you can join us via skype or somethin if you want lol

I will hold out till I finally get to do a US trip. So maybe in a couple of years we can have the two year anniversary of Otis firing....

I will bring a bottle!