Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Iggy to Orlando?

No way you could convince those teams to do that trade. Are you that naive?

76ers get a much needed big, jazz get some wingplayers who can hit the 3 and a good replacement for harris.

So if we had an option of getting an Iggy or Monta which one would you guys prefer? After watching a few GS games I think Ellis is better suited for this team. Opinions? ??

Iggy. Defense, distributes, slashes, and gives us size.

You know something, most people probably haven't gotten to see Ellis play very much if at all because most people don't have that league pass, and the Warriors aren't ever on TV. But they have both been around 6-7 years, 6 for Ellis 7 for IG. The thing I like about IG is 1. He's bigger - and can play G/F so he is more multifaceted and it gives us more advantage/disagvantage lineups , opponent dependent. I like the idea of having a G that can play more than just the 2But that's just me.

You know something, most people probably haven't gotten to see Ellis play very much if at all because most people don't have that league pass, and the Warriors aren't ever on TV. But they have both been around 6-7 years, 6 for Ellis 7 for IG. The thing I like about IG is 1. He's bigger - and can play G/F so he is more multifaceted and it gives us more advantage/disagvantage lineups , opponent dependent. I like the idea of having a G that can play more than just the 2But that's just me.

That's true. Monta is just a bonafide scorer. 20ppg naturally. I feel our rotational defense could be enough to hide his size a bit.

That's true. Monta is just a bonafide scorer. 20ppg naturally. I feel our rotational defense could be enough to hide his size a bit.

Yeah, both would be pretty sweet to... just sayen

I just don't feel that Ellis would help us nearly as much as Iggy when matching up with Miami.

And I dislike guys who don't play defense...

It's a double edge sword when it comes to Ellis or Iggy.

We need scoring; our offense stagnates a lot. Ellis would provide that punch. And with Dwight anchoring the defense, it would make up for Ellis crap defense. Plus, we need a way to score against great defenses like Miamis and Bostons.

Iggy would allow us to semi gaurd other great superstars (which monta can't). He also slashes and can finish at the rim (which Monta can do). He can pass (which monta can do).

So basically Monta is scoring and Iggy is a better one on one defender. With Dwight present, which do we need more?

I say the solution is to get Monta and a cheaper (than iggy) dedicated wing defender that's not necessarily a superstar.