Sign in to follow this  
fas dancin

Will JJ finally get an opportunity to be a starter

Brandon Bass and Dwight Howard combined still averaged about the same amount of rebounds as Bynum and Gasol combined.

Yes. Dwight Howard is a very good rebounder. In terms of career reb%, he's 3rd all time.

What does that have to do with Brandon Bass?

Yes. Dwight Howard is a very good rebounder. In terms of career reb%, he's 3rd all time.

What does that have to do with Brandon Bass?

They obviously can't get the same rebound after the same possession right? AFAIK Brandon Bass does box his man out. Are you judging him from his last postseason performance or just in general? :offtopic:

They obviously can't get the same rebound after the same possession right? AFAIK Brandon Bass does box his man out. Are you judging him from his last postseason performance or just in general? :offtopic:

His rebounding % numbers from last season are in line with his career averages, including his years on two other teams that didn't have Dwight Howard.

He's not a good rebounder. He's not even an average rebounder. I don't know why you're arguing this.

• Upvote 2

Unless we bring in somebody like Crawford, J.R. Smith, Marcus Thornton, then yes. J.J. Redick will be the starting two guard for us. He won't be bad at it either, as a matter of fact, it's about time that he got a shot to prove what he can do on a consistent basis as a starter.

If, by some miracle, JRich is still on the team, I'd hope we start JJ over him. Better defense, smarter player, better passer. Duh.

If, by some miracle, JRich is still on the team, I'd hope we start JJ over him. Better defense, smarter player, better passer. Duh.

Yeah, but if J. Rich isn't starting, he's most likely out of here

I want Jamal Crawford instead of Jason Richardson. At least we know Crawford is still good for 18-20 points on a given night.

The real appeal of having a Jamal Crawford though is that we could bring him off the bench as a sixth man, thus giving JJ the starting role, so it just feels like a right fit.

Also, seeing as the Hawks are going to sign T-Mac, Crawford looks to be on his way out.

• Upvote 1

JJ should start no need for j rich to come back waste of cap space if we picked up a good 6th man for the 2 spot that would solve any issues ex. J.R Smith, J. Crawford.They can score, take it to the hole and finish, draw the foul and pretty much do whatever is needed for their team to win.

I don't mind JJ starting. I just hope we get a guard that can CREATE for himself by beating defender off the dribble.