Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I've never understood how someone can be a fan of just a player. I'm the same way Osprey, I've been a fan of the Magic since I moved here in 1994. As well as a Rays/Buccaneer fan.

Same here. It was amazing to see the exodus of "Cavs fans" to South Beach. It came as no surprise to anyone that 85% of the Cavs fans base left with LeBron, but it just shows how different people's perspectives are today.

Do I have favorite guys outside of this team? Sure, but they all take the backseat to the Orlando Magic.

If we can get Amare, Shumpert, and maybe a 1st, why not?

Shumpert is a beast. Reminds me of like a Rhondo-Type

Because Amare is damaged, has an uninsureable contract, and will be PISSED about being traded from NY. It's not like he's the most mature guy to begin with it would be an absolute disaster for us.

• Upvote 1

Because Amare is damaged, has an uninsureable contract, and will be PISSED about being traded from NY. It's not like he's the most mature guy to begin with it would be an absolute disaster for us.

I understand, but what other options do we have? Unless Golden State is serious about giving up Curry, there is not a deal out there that sounds even the slightest bit appealing.

I understand, but what other options do we have? Unless Golden State is serious about giving up Curry, there is not a deal out there that sounds even the slightest bit appealing.

The option that gets lost in the fray: let him walk away quietly into the night. The conventional wisdom is "Orlando shouldn't do what Cleveland did and get nothing." Umm, sign me up for Cleveland's approach, now. When you consider the cap space Cleveland will have, the lottery picks they've had, and the upcoming lottery picks they will use, Cleveland is sitting comfortably in their rebuilding efforts.

But hey, let's just get something for the sake of getting something. We wouldn't want to look stupid by getting nothing, right?

• Upvote 1

We are not in the position cleveland was 2 years ago. Lebron was a free agent. D12 is opting out before his contract expire. Lebron was decent enough to play the full contract wit the team. D12 is walking away as a coward.

Cleveland had already a first round pick from the clippers after a trade. Which ended up been the first round pick a year later and their own pick which was the 3rd overall.

If we trade D12 to the nets we might be able to get a top 10. If he walks we would not get any picks other than our late round pick.

Is rather trade him with hedo and duhon and open our cap space for this year free agency. Have you look at the free agents othet than D 12 and williams??? It is deep!

We will do better by trading him. I dont care where as long as they take hedo and duhon or jrich.

With this in mind, i dont mind the nets trade as long as the include the unprotected first, marshall and the expire contract if okur and hump.

We are not in the position cleveland was 2 years ago. Lebron was a free agent. D12 is opting out before his contract expire. Lebron was decent enough to play the full contract wit the team. D12 is walking away as a coward.

Playing out a contract and walking away are the same thing. Not picking up an option year is his choice, and he's losing money.

Cleveland had already a first round pick from the clippers after a trade. Which ended up been the first round pick a year later and their own pick which was the 3rd overall.

Their pick was 4th, and the pick from the Clippers got them the first pick, but more importantly, it came after Lebron left, making your point irrelevant to what we're talking about.

If we trade D12 to the nets we might be able to get a top 10. If he walks we would not get any picks other than our late round pick.

No reasonable person is interested in the corpse of Brook Lopez and no guaranteed top five picks. It's almost as if fair value means nothing to any of you.

Is rather trade him with hedo and duhon and open our cap space for this year free agency. Have you look at the free agents othet than D 12 and williams??? It is deep!

The team isn't committed to any long term salary. All the bad contracts will be up by the end of 2013 anyway.

We will do better by trading him. I dont care where as long as they take hedo and duhon or jrich.

With this in mind, i dont mind the nets trade as long as the include the unprotected first, marshall and the expire contract if okur and hump.

That's just awful.

And to add, can we stop painting this silly picture where Lebron James plays out his contract like the good guy and Dwight leaves like the evil demon puppy killer? Lebron signed his extension for less years and less money because he was eying his exit out of Cleveland three years ahead of time.

I don't think you get the point. I know we are all upset about dwight cowardness but that doesn't mean we are going to tank for two seasons so he can get less money. He will get his money.

I rather have a team that can compete still next year.

I am more intrigued with this coming year and 2014 free agency than the 2013 as you are.

If we trade howard, we can still get decent pieces that can later be used for subsequent trades.

The walk away option as you defend so much is just simple crazy and dumb.

I think , you are just too emotional.

I may be the minority in this(in more than one way) but I believe we should play this season with 12. Once we get into the post season who knows what can happen. If D12 leaves then he walks away from 28mil which was different from Lbj. He left and was only enticed with like an extra 600k. We might struggle next year if he leaves but again we will have the money to reload in 2013.

I don't think you get the point. I know we are all upset about dwight cowardness but that doesn't mean we are going to tank for two seasons so he can get less money. He will get his money.

I rather have a team that can compete still next year.

I am more intrigued with this coming year and 2014 free agency than the 2013 as you are.

If we trade howard, we can still get decent pieces that can later be used for subsequent trades.

The walk away option as you defend so much is just simple crazy and dumb.

I think , you are just too emotional.

edward-norton-closing-laptop.gif