Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I didn't see the DMs, but judging by what some of you guys are saying.. ***** Dwight.

Of course I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but Dwight is acting like he should be treated above the organization himself. Like he is entitled to ****. I don't see how we are "not committed to winning", or the city "doesn't have the right culture". The Magic will never be bigger than Disney if that is what he wants, and with that in mind, the Nets will NEVER be bigger than the Knicks. You're playing for the second rate franchise and will most likely never win a championship, at the very least for 3 years. Meanwhile screwing a franchise that has basically done everything for you within reason and to create a winning team, just to go to this big market. If he stays, 2013 we have a ****ton of space and can get him whoever he wants. Not to mention D-Will looks like a certified scrub right now.

Seems like he isn't doing this for "basketball reasons".

Man its just little, different stuff with dwight every week. Hes told me so many reasons why he's ready to leave it aint even funny. That being said, I feel that he DOES want to stay in Orlando...its in his heart to stay. He just wants to be great and win championships. Only reason the Nets are appealing to him is because Deron Wiiliams is there. He told me early in December that he has a shot in his career to play with 2 potential hall of fame PG's in Chris Paul and Deron Williams and really was pushing the organization to get either of them. Right now, he wants to play the whole season with Orlando, but he just wants the organization to deliver on some of the promises theyve made him and also make the Magic a team the city is proud of. The arena was a start, but he wants billboards of players up in Orlando, he wants the city to have a winning culture like Boston and LA has. He doesnt want to leave, but if all else fails he will

If I were RDV, I would have been on the phone with Phil Jackson as soon as he retired. Its no secret that Jackson had said he would want to coach Dwight. And I think it would be a good faith gesture to show Dwight that this organization was committed to winning.

yeah...thatd be an interesting coach to have haha, ive gotta bring that up to him

Man its just little, different stuff with dwight every week. Hes told me so many reasons why he's ready to leave it aint even funny. That being said, I feel that he DOES want to stay in Orlando...its in his heart to stay. He just wants to be great and win championships. Only reason the Nets are appealing to him is because Deron Wiiliams is there. He told me early in December that he has a shot in his career to play with 2 potential hall of fame PG's in Chris Paul and Deron Williams and really was pushing the organization to get either of them. Right now, he wants to play the whole season with Orlando, but he just wants the organization to deliver on some of the promises theyve made him and also make the Magic a team the city is proud of. The arena was a start, but he wants billboards of players up in Orlando, he wants the city to have a winning culture like Boston and LA has. He doesnt want to leave, but if all else fails he will

Ok so here's the plan: We all pitch in $20 to buy billboards all over Orlando to advertise the team.

And if you don't donate, you're the reason Dwight left...

• Upvote 2

I'm sure when a rich powerful sketchy ass Russian dude and Jay-Z are throwing all this **** in his face, he would feel it is better. But what has NJ to show they are better? Absolutely nothing recently. They have been horrible for years. We really don't even know if they will spend like Orlando does.

EXACTLY thats what i told him. But theres someone in that organization that he trusts thats not that russian or Jay-Z, someone hes known for a while. But yeah hes doing his HW on that organization

The thing is he doesn't mind staying if he feels the organization is doing everything they can to make this team a championship contender, then he wouldn't feel he's being used for nothing. What he's saying is he doesn't want to waste his career with an organization that pays him just to perform and get eliminated every year, he wants championships.

They are trying

they've spent to the luxury tax a few years in a row.

Now I would love for them to put up more billboards and show Orlando isn't just disneyland, it's also home of the MAGIC. We have an international superstar, so I do think he has a valid point in wanting to see the team all over town.

In all honesty we are not THAT far away, i'd say we are one player away, but I am of the opinion if by the trade deadline he still wants to go, he has to go then. If the nets are awful that no.1 this year could give us Drummond/Davis or Jones. A long term front court of Lopez/Drummond is actually really good, if we could get some other pieces I think it makes sense.

All of us are frustrated by this situation, I feel like we have been TOO shortsided, fearing losing him the last 2 years.

If Hedo keeps playing well, the lakers may be more ammeanable to doing Gasol/Bynum. Flip Gasol to a team desperate for a skilled big Like Philly for Iggy, or Indiana/Houston

I want Dwight to stay but he has a chance to be the next Duncan or Hakeem and he's already MUCH more of an international star than either. Going elsewhere to someone "elses" team will taint his legacy to a degree, don't believe me? Ask LEBRON, no matter what he does he will never get the credit he may deserve due to joining WADES team. But he's an adult he will do what he wants

Let's get D-Will. Do whatever it takes.

But Dwight has to help.

Give the man some *****ing billboards. I bet that StayDwight guy would pay for them.

Man, I'm all over the place tonight. One moment I'm ready for Dwight to gtfo. The next I'm like thinking of any possible way to make him stay.

This sucks. Being such a big fan is a double-edged sword. Unfortunately we get the bad edge more than not.

Let's get D-Will. Do whatever it takes.

But Dwight has to help.

Give the man some *****ing billboards. I bet that StayDwight guy would pay for them.

Man, I'm all over the place tonight. One moment I'm ready for Dwight to gtfo. The next I'm like thinking of any possible way to make him stay.

This sucks. Being such a big fan is a double-edged sword. Unfortunately we get the bad edge more than not.

Well I don't think there's one of us who would prefer Dwight left, but there's a few who feel it's inevitable

They are trying

they've spent to the luxury tax a few years in a row.

Now I would love for them to put up more billboards and show Orlando isn't just disneyland, it's also home of the MAGIC. We have an international superstar, so I do think he has a valid point in wanting to see the team all over town.

In all honesty we are not THAT far away, i'd say we are one player away, but I am of the opinion if by the trade deadline he still wants to go, he has to go then. If the nets are awful that no.1 this year could give us Drummond/Davis or Jones. A long term front court of Lopez/Drummond is actually really good, if we could get some other pieces I think it makes sense.

All of us are frustrated by this situation, I feel like we have been TOO shortsided, fearing losing him the last 2 years.

If Hedo keeps playing well, the lakers may be more ammeanable to doing Gasol/Bynum. Flip Gasol to a team desperate for a skilled big Like Philly for Iggy, or Indiana/Houston

I want Dwight to stay but he has a chance to be the next Duncan or Hakeem and he's already MUCH more of an international star than either. Going elsewhere to someone "elses" team will taint his legacy to a degree, don't believe me? Ask LEBRON, no matter what he does he will never get the credit he may deserve due to joining WADES team. But he's an adult he will do what he wants

I agree, if D-Will comes here it is still Dwight's team. He will get the credit for making the Magic what they can be. I honestly think he wants that so much. Even if he goes to Brooklyn, he will still never overcome the Knicks imo, even if they win a championship.

Man, D-Will here just makes too much sense. I hope Dwight comes to his senses and realizes this. He needs to recruit, recruit, recruit. Cause honestly, I think if not NJ, it's here or Dallas. If NJ wants anything for D-Will then we win hands down in a trade.

I really hope Ping has hit a homerun here... I mean he is due for a good scoop, right?... Right....?

Ok so here's the plan: We all pitch in $20 to buy billboards all over Orlando to advertise the team.

And if you don't donate, you're the reason Dwight left...

lmao!!

basically hes saying he should get paid and win rings? and lmao at that last comment

Brooklyn ain't a guarantee for rings at all. especially if we pillage them by taking several firsts, brooks and so on.

Infact, I would suggest, that the nets will be losing those firsts when the magic drop the tampering bombs on them so they either belong to us or they lose them anyways, i bet part of any negotiation for us trying to get Dwill, has this in the background. the nets would be f'd if we did that.

Well I don't think there's one of us who would prefer Dwight left, but there's a few who feel it's inevitable

I feel like that at one moment, then the next I have hope. It's like every time I start to just realize Dwight is gone, something happens that makes me have hope. I'm really willing to grasp at tiny straws, like that Ping article.