Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I didn't not say that; Voodoo Man made the comparison that Kobe is a winner and Dwight somehow isn't. Yet he's completely neglecting that he has played with HOF players and legit multiple all stars. The few seasons he didn't have a legit sidekick Kobe didn't win squat (MVP aside). One and done twice, and didn't even make playoffs in 05. Kobe is a winner alright, but so is Gasol and Shaq. Dwight plays with Hedo flippin Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson. I'd say Dwight is probably doing the best he can with who he has to play with.

Huh? You need to go back and read what you wrote. You said that Dwight must need a scowl like Kobe, right? I didn't bring up Kobe, you did. And since you did, I replied that Kobe was a winner, which he is. This whole thing got started with whether or not Dwight was playing with heart. Some of us don't think he is. He's the best big man in the game. No doubt. Don't misquote me when everybody on here can read what I said. Geesh.

I didn't not say that; Voodoo Man made the comparison that Kobe is a winner and Dwight somehow isn't. Yet he's completely neglecting that he has played with HOF players and legit multiple all stars. The few seasons he didn't have a legit sidekick Kobe didn't win squat (MVP aside). One and done twice, and didn't even make playoffs in 05. Kobe is a winner alright, but so is Gasol and Shaq. Dwight plays with Hedo flippin Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson. I'd say Dwight is probably doing the best he can with who he has to play with.

You didn't say what? You implied that a "scowl and a mean-face" is what makes Kobe a winner. Not the multiple championships, MVP's, status as one of the greatest players of all-time, etc..

The Miami game was a prime example of Dwight's disinterest (not really body language) on the court this year.

all while putting up the same or better numbers compared to previous years. And giving 100% effort unlike his other teammates.

You said that Dwight must need a scowl like Kobe, right?

because that's all there is left to do when guys like you who criticize Dwight day in and day out for moping around on the court or taking plays off, to justify his possible leaving the team. It's really pathetic.

all while putting up the same or better numbers compared to previous years. And giving 100% effort unlike his other teammates.

because that's all there is left to do when guys like you who criticize Dwight day in and day out for moping around on the court or taking plays off, to justify his possible leaving the team. It's really pathetic.

i-am-ironing-a-kitten-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

i-am-ironing-a-kitten-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

lol

but no, sorry I don't see it. He pretty much has to play close to 40 minutes a game for us to have a chance every night. It's a stretch to suggest he's disinterested or loafing around.

lol

but no, sorry I don't see it. He pretty much has to play close to 40 minutes a game for us to have a chance every night. It's a stretch to suggest he's disinterested or loafing around.

He's always played big minutes, this is nothing new and in no way supports your argument. If you don't see it or want to believe it or whatever that's fine but it has been pointed out by both Magic fans, who have watched him for the past eight years and notice the difference, and by others in the media who have absolutely no reason to make it up. I'm sure it relates to his desire to be traded, which I can only hope you're not also in denial about. This is why I assume nothing has changed in regards to his request to be traded. Btw, I'm not saying I blame him for being frustrated by the direction this team is heading...Otis screwed us beyond belief with the mid-season deals last season

I don't think Dwight is disinterested or slacking. He has never been a guy who goes for loose balls and gets on the floor, just never been his thing. Plus, he he is very self aware of his image and doesn't want to be known as the guy who quit on his team.

I still think he has one foot out the door though. I'd love to believe that isn't true, but I have a hard time convincing myself...

He's always played big minutes, this is nothing new and in no way supports your argument. If you don't see it or want to believe it or whatever that's fine but it has been pointed out by both Magic fans, who have watched him for the past eight years and notice the difference, and by others in the media who have absolutely no reason to make it up. I'm sure it relates to his desire to be traded, which I can only hope you're not also in denial about. This is why I assume nothing has changed in regards to his request to be traded. Btw, I'm not saying I blame him for being frustrated by the direction this team is heading...Otis screwed us beyond belief with the mid-season deals last season

Members of the general media have every incentive to make stuff up; all they care about is how many hits they receive per day. Plus I haven't seen an article or blog by a respected sportswriter claiming Dwight is mailing it in. So I'm not sure who you are referring to.

Stephen Jackson wants out of Milwaukee and into Brooklyn with Deron Williams. Williams also wants to team up with Jackson, and together they’re the dream teammates for Dwight Howard.

Speaking separately with the Daily News, Williams and Jackson gushed over each other’s basketball skills — and Jackson, 33, acknowledged his desire to play with his buddies in Brooklyn.

“(Howard and Williams) is a championship contending team right there,” Jackson said after playing just eight minutes in Milwaukee’s 92-85 victory over the Nets Sunday night at the Rock in Newark. “Of course I’d want to play on that team.

Howard is reportedly keen on playing with Jackson, and the center’s decision as a free agent come summer might be swayed by the location of the small forward. Jackson is upset about his diminished role and the direction of the Bucks, but understands his future is out of his control because he has one year and $10 million remaining on his contract after this season.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/brook-lopez-returns-injury-t-bring-nj-nets-victory-milwaukee-bucks-ersan-ilyasova-dominates-article-1.1025494#ixzz1n0RDPMW8

You have me confused with somebody else. It's not that hard to look up my posts because I don't have that many on here. To say that I go on here day in and day out criticizing Dwight is simply not correct. I have critcized him, who hasn't other than you and a couple of others. Certainly not to the extreme that you feel the need to defend him everyday. My complaint was mainly in reference to the Miami game in which he appeared lifeless. I guess you missed that one. Your reference in regards to Kobe would have been amusing if it wasn't so idiotic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have me confused with somebody else. It's not that hard to look up my posts because I don't have that many on here. To say that I go on here day in and day out criticizing Dwight is simply not correct. I have critcized him, who hasn't other than you and a couple of others. Certainly not to the extreme that you feel the need to defend him everyday. My complaint was mainly in reference to the Miami game in which he appeared lifeless. I guess you missed that one. Your reference in regards to Kobe would have been amusing if it wasn't so idiotic.

I know. Dwight needs a mean face to show everyone he is serious and not taking possessions off.

And your exact words were "this is a prime example of this season." You aren't just considering the Miami game you're taking into account all games played.

I like to defend Dwight because I know a lot of fans will only remember this season only if he ends up leaving. It's unfair but that's how it goes I guess.