Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I'm just fine with the Lakers not offering more than Bynum because I don't want Gasol's contract and I certainly don't want to send another hall of fame center to the luckiest franchise in the NBA.

I don't want Gasol either, but I'd like to use him as a bait for a third team to give us more assets and maybe dump another contract.

• Upvote 1

I have just watched every shaq you tube video from magic/laker days....dwight could never walk in shaqs shoes and he is by far our biggest loss ever.

Two different eras. Shaq was able to throw his weight more. But Shaq and Dwight in the same time and its Shaq hands down.

Yeah, and NO WAY does that deal include Ryno or JJ. NJ can take a flying leap out their own ass if they think we'll gut all our good players just so they can take our best player for a bunch of scrubs.

See the gortat trade of a year ago....good players and expiring contracts for scrubs...

Hi guys,

I was wondering how much salary that you thought the Lakers or Nets would be willing to take on if we traded Dwight to them ?

My personal opinion would be to try to get them to take on as many contracts as possible.

If we pushed the Lakers really hard to do you think it would be possible to get them to do a trade of the following ?

LA trades Bynum, Gasol, Walton, Goudelock plus Dallas first 2012 LA 2012 LA 2014

Orlando trades Howard Turkoglu, Anderson, Duhon, Glen Davis, then Jason Richardson for the Lamar Odom exception.

I put it into the espn trade machine subbing Reddick in for Davis due to the salary restrictions plus Jason Richardson can't be traded yet but makes less then Odom trade exception.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yr49p2

I just thought that could give us a good starting point for a new roster with hopes of flipping Gasol for a high draft pick or young talent as well to rebuild around.

I thought it could be an option but wasn't sure if LA would bite on taking so much salary back.

So what youre talking about is needing to use dwight to rid us of ALL the key pieces Otis has saddled us with in the last 2 years (give or take). Im so glad we have Otis bringing us garbage.

I still believe that we can get Steven Jackson for Jason Richardson and another player. And if we can get Steve Nash for JJ and Nelson. Dwight will Opt in for one more year. Then after next season we will have enough money to pair a superstar next to Dwight.

Dwight

Ryno

Hedo

Jax

Nash

That starting 5 would get us pretty far in the east. And it is possible. According to Alex Kennedy, we tried to trade for Jax on draft night, but lost out to the Bucks. It looks like Jax is on the block from this article.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-bucks-trading-stephen-jackson

See the gortat trade of a year ago....good players and expiring contracts for scrubs...

VC and MP suck. J-Rich was scoring 20 ppg and Hedo was in good shape and knew Dwight and our system. Yeah it wasn't a good trade, but the only good player was Gortat and we didn't get "scrubs". Plus J-Rich was a huge expiring and so was Clark. It didn't work out and now we didn't use that cap space but your obsessive hatred for Otis is ridiculous.

I still believe that we can get Steven Jackson for Jason Richardson and another player. And if we can get Steve Nash for JJ and Nelson. Dwight will Opt in for one more year. Then after next season we will have enough money to pair a superstar next to Dwight.

Dwight

Ryno

Hedo

Jax

Nash

That starting 5 would get us pretty far in the east. And it is possible. According to Alex Kennedy, we tried to trade for Jax on draft night, but lost out to the Bucks. It looks like Jax is on the block from this article.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-bucks-trading-stephen-jackson

I'd do J-Rich for S-Jax in a heartbeat. Not because I want him but it gets rid of J-Rich and S-Jax can play the 2 and 3. He also expires in 2013 so that's just more salary coming off the books... valuable whether Dwight opts in or not.

• Upvote 2

No suprise, but Dwight was voted into the All Star game.

Yes, but will the sun rise tomorrow?