Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I lol'ed

I think OTis knows what is really going on inside the organization.

The fact that he is making such comments worries me.

Probably Dwight already decided not to sign long term with the magic and has been very verbal about this with them.

All my hopes are with Dwight opting in to his last year and at least gives us another year. I be happy with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think OTis knows what is really going on inside the organization.

The fact that he is making such comments worries me.

Probably Dwight already decided not to sign long term with the magic and has been very verbal about this with them.

All my hopes are with Dwight opting in to his last year and at least gives us another year. I be happy with that.

Thats what it seems like to me too.

I like what otis is saying, it's the truth. someone needs to say it rather than some random editorial piece nobody cares about. everyones head is so far up dwights ass and i'm sure he gets handled with white gloves all the time, but then you want to go ahead and start saying things to the media to try to put the screws to our team to force his will, I'm glad to see someone put the screws to him a little about all this at a level that's not some random troll on twitter calling him shaq jr.

if he leaves or stays at this point who really cares. respect to otis for sticking up for our guys that our captain was literally dismissing. if anyone is talking reckless its dwight with this "we need better guys" and "i just want to win" and then asking for NEW JERSEY...i'm sure all our guys feel a little like jameer, just probably cuts jameer the deepest.

You don't come out as a professional gm and mention "if hes gonna walk out then he'll take a 30 million dollar haircut". Thats just childish. You come out and say "Trading Dwight just doesn't make sense for us right now. Theres nothing that makes sense for us in trades but more importantly our chances of being a championship contender are better WITH Dwight. As a gm you always look for ways to improve your ball club and if we can do that AND keep Dwight thats even better. When the off season comes around we'll reevaluate Dwight and his contract." The former was just bitter and utter ridiculous when you have lost a hall of famer big man after contract issues (well, plus him and his agent wanted LA too but contract was a role). You really think lightning striking twice on us Magic fans is a good thing? Thats whats about to happen if Otis doesn't stop the childishness and starts being the close to the vest, professional gm he started off to be.

Starting a flame war in the media just shows me Otis is in over his head and should never ever be part of any rebuilding as a gm. Drafting players is fine but keeping a roster and your star player in town is whole other ball game that Otis seems very inept playing.

If Dwight leaves...He leaves...I'm a Magic fan first and always will be BUT AS A Magic fan, Otis can follow him right out the door with this type of unprofessionalism and behavior.

I liked Otis' comment about the "$30 million haircut". It's nothing more than a powerplay and he's speaking the truth. He called Dwight's bluff and by doing so, he isn't allowing Dwight to have complete control of this situation.

That's how I see it anyways.

I liked Otis' comment about the "$30 million haircut". It's nothing more than a powerplay and he's speaking the truth. He called Dwight's bluff and by doing so, he isn't allowing Dwight to have complete control of this situation.

Also could increase a team like the Lakers trade offer. Knowing LA has the best package to offer ( Bynum&Gasol) this puts pressure on them.

You don't come out as a professional gm and mention "if hes gonna walk out then he'll take a 30 million dollar haircut". Thats just childish. You come out and say "Trading Dwight just doesn't make sense for us right now. Theres nothing that makes sense for us in trades but more importantly our chances of being a championship contender are better WITH Dwight. As a gm you always look for ways to improve your ball club and if we can do that AND keep Dwight thats even better. When the off season comes around we'll reevaluate Dwight and his contract." The former was just bitter and utter ridiculous when you have lost a hall of famer big man after contract issues (well, plus him and his agent wanted LA too but contract was a role). You really think lightning striking twice on us Magic fans is a good thing? Thats whats about to happen if Otis doesn't stop the childishness and starts being the close to the vest, professional gm he started off to be.

Starting a flame war in the media just shows me Otis is in over his head and should never ever be part of any rebuilding as a gm. Drafting players is fine but keeping a roster and your star player in town is whole other ball game that Otis seems very inept playing.

If Dwight leaves...He leaves...I'm a Magic fan first and always will be BUT AS A Magic fan, Otis can follow him right out the door with this type of unprofessionalism and behavior.

I think you are really overreacting to what Otis said.

for one, it's not like Dwight doesn't already know that he'll leave $30m on the table signing elsewhere. So really, Otis isn't taking a "shot" at anyone.

Its a powerplay that can backfire big time. You really think with already lacking trust from Dwight in Otis's abilites that Otis making that comment puts trust in other players as well?

I'm pretty sure Dwight knows whats in store for him if he signs elsewhere. Lets also not forget that Adidas and other sponsors might very well cover that 30 million easily.

Another example why that comment was tired and uncalled for...Lebron and Bosh both took a paycut to play with Wade.

While its the truth its not needed. It does nothing to improve the ball club and I don't buy the whole truth about it affecting LA adding Gasol to the mix. The only thing imo that makes LA bite on that is the fact Dwight produced numbers greater than Gasol's and Bynum's combined Friday night. Not Otis's comments.

Also could increase a team like the Lakers trade offer. Knowing LA has the best package to offer ( Bynum&Gasol) this puts pressure on them.

Explain to me how Otis's comments puts ANY pressure on LA? If anything, Otis will look like a fool if he does indeed walk and lets say signs with Dallas with Deron. Otis will then miss out on a draft of bigs and will gain NOTHING.

Its hypothetical but my perception is just as likely as yours. Thats why I rather him just leave the contract amounts OUT of it and just stick to the company line when it comes to Dwight.

I think you are really overreacting to what Otis said.

for one, it's not like Dwight doesn't already know that he'll leave $30m on the table signing elsewhere. So really, Otis isn't taking a "shot" at anyone.

So if Dwight knows...And Otis's knows...And the fans know...Well ok maybe us know but the fans who care less might not know...Why even bring it up?

It was a shot at Dwight. I believe that. A pathetic one at that imo.

Its a powerplay that can backfire big time. You really think with already lacking trust from Dwight in Otis's abilites that Otis making that comment puts trust in other players as well?

I'm pretty sure Dwight knows whats in store for him if he signs elsewhere. Lets also not forget that Adidas and other sponsors might very well cover that 30 million easily.

Another example why that comment was tired and uncalled for...Lebron and Bosh both took a paycut to play with Wade.

While its the truth its not needed. It does nothing to improve the ball club and I don't buy the whole truth about it affecting LA adding Gasol to the mix. The only thing imo that makes LA bite on that is the fact Dwight produced numbers greater than Gasol's and Bynum's combined Friday night. Not Otis's comments.

And by "backfire big time" you mean Dwight leaves, which wouldn't come as a surprise to many. I don't think there's anything wrong with Otis' statement. What did he say that was invalid? It's a fact that Dwight would take a paycut and if Dwight realizes that, why should he be offended? If he wants to leave and take less money, he's entitled to do so.

It seems to me that you're more concerned with keeing Dwight than the overall wellbeing of this franchise. We can't afford to have Dwight run our front office operations to fit his agenda. So instead of begging him to stay you nut up, call his bluff, and have him put his money where his mouth is. If he changes his mind and stays, fantastic but if he wants to leave that bad, piss on him and move on.

At the end of the day, there will still be an Orlando Magic franchise.

• Upvote 1

It would suck it that Otis quote backfired and Dwight said "How I'm really, REALLY going to leave" and puts us in the exact same position we're in now.

The best leverage we have is letting Dwight go into Free Agency, refuse to sign and trade, and offer him a max contract. Let him walk away from that max deal and take less money somewhere else if he wants.

• Upvote 1