Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Thinking the magic are better than the bulls is actually insanely ignorant. I am not sure who else would agree with you there besides your other account.

Lets see how we do with this upcoming tough stretch of games. The same people like you to call me ignorant are usually the first to whine like babies if we start losing games.

why even play the game if the better team wins everytime. let's just watch the accuscore and save ourselves the few hours, except oh wait, that's not how sports work. the bulls may appear better on paper, have a superior record, and have beaten us head to head but to think that means we CAN'T beat the bulls either means you're ignorant and new to this whole basketball thing. the spurs were the best team in the west last regular season, almost undoubtedly, and they got bounced in the first round.

Latest Nets Ownership News:

Mikhail Prokhorov's political bid is still considered a longshot, and Nets fans better hope it stays that way if they want any ownership presence. Even if he doesn't win the Russian presidential election in March - when Prokhorov plans to run against Vladimir Putin - the billionaire told Reuters this week that he would "sell my shares (of the Nets) to a blind trust' should he become prime minister or, as phrased by the reporter, "if (his) political career is hugely successful." Giving his shares to a blind trust doesn't mean Prokhorov would relinquish his investment, just that trustees would be given full discretion over the Nets' assets.

http://m.si.com/news/tr/tr/detail/4671142

(iPhone)

Thinking the magic are better than the bulls is actually insanely ignorant. I am not sure who else would agree with you there besides your other account.

Lets see how we do with this upcoming tough stretch of games. The same people like you to call me ignorant are usually the first to whine like babies if we start losing games.

I think we're better than the bulls, I think rose is overrated, and I believe we have the better bench

ORLANDO, Fla. – This was the window into the basketball abyss of the Orlando Magic, the post-Apocalyptic rubble promising to remain in the wake of Dwight Howard’s departure. For all of Shaquille O’Neal’s bluster, Andrew Bynum hadn’t come to audition for the job, but reframe the dramatic gulf that exists between Howard and everyone else. Privately, the Magic understand where a trade for Bynum leaves them: out of the playoffs, out of relevance.

For this reason, the Magic should play out the season with Howard. No trade, no concessions. That’s the franchise’s inclination now, and that’s what the New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Lakers are beginning to believe will happen. All that needs to happen in the Eastern Conference playoffs are Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade going down, and Howard could get the Magic over the top.

“Orlando is too good to trade him now,” believes one front office executive who has communicated with Magic general manager Otis Smith recently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_lakers_nba_012112

I think at this point Dwight stays or bolts after the season to NJ. IF Dwight wants to go to NJ after the season, I would propose that he opt in so he can get the extra money and then we trade him to NJ. If Dwight just bolts and we get nothing, that NJ team can be GOOD. Williams-Brooks-Pick-FA or Lopez-Dwight.

I am not sure if Dwight is either being more serious or if he really is miserable. What is apparent, is he cannot be replaced, he's the entire defense, and the offense is built thru him. Bynum is a good player but he cannot play 46 mins like dwight just did....

Hopefully things get worked out, obviously we're all frustrated w/the situation. I would like to see the Magic sign J.R Smith as soon as he's eligible to be signed. We definitely need more athleticism on the perimeter, he would be a great fit for us IMO(and he's 1 of d12's boys)

would b hell of an addition jrich would b odd man out but I like that move! !

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_lakers_nba_012112

I think at this point Dwight stays or bolts after the season to NJ. IF Dwight wants to go to NJ after the season, I would propose that he opt in so he can get the extra money and then we trade him to NJ. If Dwight just bolts and we get nothing, that NJ team can be GOOD. Williams-Brooks-Pick-FA or Lopez-Dwight.

Think of it like this if he wants to Win and we make it far in the playoffs and wants Money he would stay in Orlando because if he leaves he will take a 30 million dollar cut and then especially if he leaves to NJ where he has to pay Tax

Wouldn't be smart financially (4yrs 79 Mil) but its possible....also has to know Derons still there