Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

why are we so hated by media. They never mention us as contenders . We only boast 5 best record in NBA.

I love it, the Magic play their best when under the radar and not getting pub from the media. Just like in 09 when they expected the Cavs to roll over us on their way to the coveted LeBron Vs Kobe wet dream. I got so much pleasure out of the Magic messing that up.

• Upvote 2

I love it, the Magic play their best when under the radar and not getting pub from the media. Just like in 09 when they expected the Cavs to roll over us on their way to the coveted LeBron Vs Kobe wet dream. I got so much pleasure out of the Magic messing that up.

Agreed! With the exception of not winning the finals that year, that was the greatest season ever! Those playoffs were amazing, going through Boston AND Cleveland (especially Cleveland)

In ESPN's eyes if you're not a big market team then you aren't relevant.

Well I can answer that for you. Outside of Orlando people see the Magic as... Howard and 3 point shooters. They don't feel that D12 can win it all with shooter only. They see them as the 2000s Suns with a good center. It wins you games but not championships. That's what I get around the country. I travel a lot. Between LA, Portland, Seattle and PHX.... I just moved to PHX an that's what people think of the Magic in the west coast. I used to travel east and I used to go to Orlando but I have not gone east in 2.5 years so I don't know what they are saying now. But that's what I got from fans that I spoke to around the country.

I think it's good for Howard $19.5 Million and give ORL time to move the expiring contracts in the offseason, but it really well suck if they get NO ONE and the trade deadline comes and goes next season. At that point the Magic well have a for sure Shaq replay in their hands... The opt in. If definitely good for the city up until next trade deadline.

Yes, the D12 situation appears to be resolved now. So the next task for the FO now that he's off the market...Operation Get Batman a Robin. I'd take a wild shot in the dark and contact NJ about Deron. If Dwight is indeed opting in, I don't see him sticking around there for a year in the off chance Dwight comes there then. And NJ risks him walking this summer for nothing. Would almost definitley have to get more teams involved but worth taking a shot at it....

I just want to know when Brooklyn became a better place to play and live in than Orlando.

NEVER! It's NY... IIts a big Market it's big lights that's all.

why are we so hated by media. They never mention us as contenders . We only boast 5 best record in NBA.

Im not really sure..... Maybe they were all molested by Mickey..... Maybe Pluto sh--ted on their food..... i mean who knows

ESPN is going to say everything is bad for him unless he goes to Miami/Boston/LA

Would be nice is some of you actually knew what you were talking about. On Mike and Mike they were saying that Dwight NEEDS to opt out of his current contract because of the new CBA. By Dwight opting in, he can only sign a 3 year extension with the Magic. By opting out, he can resign with the Magic for 5 years. When the CBA was written, they reworked one of the rules. This is just a unfortunate situation that was never expected when they were creating the new CBA. Dwight Howard needs to OPT OUT so we can sign him to a longer and more lucrative contract.

So what if HWNSNBU refuses to sign with Dwight?

He would be kissing his career goodbye as well as face sanctions from the NBA and the state I believe.

He works for Dwight, not the other way around, so he can not refuse to sign if told to.

There are rules/laws in regards to that kind of thing.